Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of UA systems issues we want fixed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by paulyras
RN was specifically the bucket for the enhanced domestic first and int'l business RPU and GPU availability for Platinum and above (prior to platinum becoming a thing, it was 1k specific). There was a post a long time ago from Shannon (previous UAinsider) stating that they were 'working on it', as post 3/3, R always equalled RN (Just like I and IN do now also). I will try to dig it up later, but it's late here and I need to get some sleep. Whether they just decided it wasn't a priority or not, I don't know. If not, why not just get rid of RN and IN and make life easier for everyone trying to understand their benefits or lack thereof.

Regarding the EF issue, I see your point, and however you feel best to approach it in this thread / wiki, I am fine with it. It is a policy thing rather than a systems issue, but many of these are a grey area. The I / IN and R / RN issues were systems issues allegedly with the shares switchover, but I wonder if it's not a policy at this point, as they've had quite some time to fix it...
There is a more recent UAinsider post (right around 3/3 integration time) which states that RN is no longer used at all--all upgrades come from R (or PN, JN, etc. as applicable). Some day I'll dig it up.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I still maintain that some TOD offers are triggered by RN space, in which case this wont be fixed.
Meant R space.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by paulyras
RN was specifically the bucket for the enhanced domestic first and int'l business RPU and GPU availability for Platinum and above (prior to platinum becoming a thing, it was 1k specific). There was a post a long time ago from Shannon (previous UAinsider) stating that they were 'working on it', as post 3/3, R always equalled RN (Just like I and IN do now also). I will try to dig it up later, but it's late here and I need to get some sleep. Whether they just decided it wasn't a priority or not, I don't know. If not, why not just get rid of RN and IN and make life easier for everyone trying to understand their benefits or lack thereof.

Regarding the EF issue, I see your point, and however you feel best to approach it in this thread / wiki, I am fine with it. It is a policy thing rather than a systems issue, but many of these are a grey area. The I / IN and R / RN issues were systems issues allegedly with the shares switchover, but I wonder if it's not a policy at this point, as they've had quite some time to fix it...
RN/IN for Plat/1K is just a lie.

Nobody has presented any verifiable case RN>R, IN>I.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by Sykes
There is a more recent UAinsider post (right around 3/3 integration time) which states that RN is no longer used at all--all upgrades come from R (or PN, JN, etc. as applicable). Some day I'll dig it up.
Originally Posted by kb1992
RN/IN for Plat/1K is just a lie.

Nobody has presented any verifiable case RN>R, IN>I.
Lie or system bug, here is the post I was referring to. Sykes, is there one more recent (this was just past 3/3)? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post18382042
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I still maintain that some TOD offers are triggered by RN space, in which case this wont be fixed.
I don't think this is the case, but out of curiosity, what makes you say this? If so, they're effectively triggered by R, since RN is never any higher (or lower) than R. I've never seen any screenshot, reference to checkable flight date / number etc... since 3/3. Prior, it was reasonable common for R=0 and RN>0, allowing a 1k to upgrade immediately.

I've got an RPU for the first person to prove RN not equal to R on a future flight, able to be confirmed by me (lets say in the next week, just in case somehow united gets it's stuff together- I hate open ended risk). PM me with a flight number and date for me to confirm, and also post here.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat (former 1K)
ability to clear upgrades on individual segments of a direct flight that has a stop, without having to call to get the segments split first.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Zappity
Down the road, some day, the airline will move to Amadeus. However, as this is a $30M project, it has been shelved for a long time. By the time it happens, United will likely be known as Lufthansa USA
Yes Amadeus is a great system, but as spoken about before it is a COMMUNITY system, and only the largest carriers (I think it's 5+ million pax boarded per year) are invited to the quarterly summit in order to 'vote' on new functionality that gets funded. It is a MAJOR (actually, it's HUGE) issue with why Amadeus does not work well with the US airline model. That's the biggest issue AA had with it in its last round of system selection. They are getting more flexible with the way they are designing the architecture (regionalizing servers and creating tiers of functionality carriers can subscribe to), but it has a long way to go.

Amadeus does not currently host any carriers using any type of 'CPU'-like functionality. Therefore, UA would have to submit a change request for it. If no other large carrier wants it, it won't get funded nor implemented. UA cannot decide what's best for UA (nor pay for it all), it has to be beneficial for the whole community of airlines.

Air France was the one exception carrier that was allowed enormous flexibility in designing functionality specific to them. That was because 1) French airline, Amadeus is heavily French-centric in operations and 2) Air France owns/owned a reasonable chunk of Amadeus.

Amadeus has upgrade waitlists but thats it.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
UAInsider, can you offer any updates or insights on the items in the page 1 list?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:19 pm

How about tracking permanent resident cards like passports - eg it doesn't need to be validated each flight back to the US, once its been validated properly, eg with a new passport they force a full check in on first use then if you reuse you can do online check in. With the post merger system passports work, but greencard holders have to do a full check each return to the US. Recent thread on the subject as well.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
Originally Posted by 787fan
I'm not asking for much :

2. A multi-city award search that actually works (at least get to 3 segments)
The most likely reason this doesn't work is that multi-city bookings mostly have had problems for me, such as: "United doesn't fly to Frankfurt (Tokyo, fill in wherever)"
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: UA MP Plat MM, *G;Global Entry; Hertz, Budget; Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Make my 'Billing Country' selection *stick*. I can edited it in my Profile, it tells me it has saved it, but it gets it wrong on the next login, or sometimes it switches back in the same session. UA IT has promised me that it will be fixed many times, it's been > 4 years and no change. This bites me on almost every booking, so that it refuses to take it and forces me to go back and start over after correcting.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Here are some previous upgrade related posts by UAInsider about the clearing problems:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post18526485

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post18209588

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post18016324
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by dmodemd
"researching with high priority" since May of 2012
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I've been unable to use the site to do much of anything all week. Every time I try to do anything, it kicks me into the "update profile" page. No matter what I update (or don't update) it kicks me right back. I've been trying to make a TPAC reservation all week, and I'm about to pick a different airline just because United doesn't seem to want my money.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I got one.

SFO

Complete and utter cluster yesterday and is going to be this way all. summer. long.

Thats more of a macro issue, but had to get that one off my chest this morning.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 27, 2014 at 6:49 am Reason: language

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.