Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of UA systems issues we want fixed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1MM
How about a red flag marker on "My Itineraries" when schedule changes occur, such that one does not need to manually check every future itinerary? ... Or maybe even an immediate email notification then a schedule change affects one of your itins.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by palmetto86
- Stop companion PNR splitting!
I just commented on this on another thread. I agree with this since when flying with family (even when I request not to be upgraded and still get upgraded which results in a split PNR), the split really messes things up, esp. on int'l travel.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hotels.com WR Silver ;)
Originally Posted by bmr12
That's fine, but there's nothing to stop them from automatically kicking off a batch immediately after opening up R space.
With hundreds of thousands of flights' availability open at any given time, that's not really practical.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: MP Ag, former 1K
This isn't exactly important to me, but since we're making a laundry list, perhaps someone should add "fix infant ticketing process" to the list.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Zappity
This is simply not possible with SHARES. Shares is a batch-based system. Everything has to be done in batches.

Down the road, some day, the airline will move to Amadeus. However, as this is a $30M project, it has been shelved for a long time. By the time it happens, United will likely be known as Lufthansa USA
That means better lounges, snacks on Domestic Y, and consistency in service.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
That means better lounges, snacks on Domestic Y, and consistency in service.
But rigid enforcement of rules, HUCA will be dead.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
It wouldn't be needed with all the other wishful changes being proposed. Plus not many of us miss GPU upgrades on LH even at T-3.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I'll take correct every time over occasional wins.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:42 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
This thread is a great idea. Can I propose it be a wiki, two parts- First, the open issues, then a separate listing of the issues which were, but have since been fixed (or is actually hoping for fixes overly optimistic?).

It would be nice to see if things change over time, or if the list keeps growing.

I would also add to the list some method for 3rd parties to see the data and present it in a more useful fashion (the EF issue), as well as reiterate the R=RN lies.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 4:40 am

Programs: UA, TSA-Pre, Global Entry
Make SWU means something I have not had one clear since January. I typically book Y and B fares too.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 7:07 am

UAL.COM still does not display Shenzhen Airlines' award seat availability, one year after its join of Star Alliance.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by paulyras
This thread is a great idea. Can I propose it be a wiki, two parts- First, the open issues, then a separate listing of the issues which were, but have since been fixed (or is actually hoping for fixes overly optimistic?).

It would be nice to see if things change over time, or if the list keeps growing.

I would also add to the list some method for 3rd parties to see the data and present it in a more useful fashion (the EF issue), as well as reiterate the R=RN lies.
Thanks everyone for the contributions. If there's a moderator or other expert who knows how to do the Wiki part, it would be great to have that. I have added the items from the responses so far to the original post.

Question about the R/RN issue: Where in marketing materials does UA promise "enhanced upgrade chances for elites"? They very clearly make the promise about better premium cabin Saver awards for Plats and 1Ks -- hence why I included the I/IN issue. Point me to what the promise broken is on R/RN and I'll happily include.

I had left the EF issue off my original post as I felt it was a policy thing and not a systems thing... If we put that on, we may as well put on "Make GPUs valid on all published fares" and stuff like that. But maybe it's worth making policy changes their own section....
Old Nov 9, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Y/B/M fare Instant Upgrade (M for 1K or higher) for Elite seemed to be fixed two weeks ago, but it did not work this week. Had to call UA to get the upgrade. The agent upgraded three segments into PN bucket, instead of JN. The first segment was upgraded into JN bucket, which was done via web.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Question about the R/RN issue: Where in marketing materials does UA promise "enhanced upgrade chances for elites"? They very clearly make the promise about better premium cabin Saver awards for Plats and 1Ks -- hence why I included the I/IN issue. Point me to what the promise broken is on R/RN and I'll happily include.

I had left the EF issue off my original post as I felt it was a policy thing and not a systems thing... If we put that on, we may as well put on "Make GPUs valid on all published fares" and stuff like that. But maybe it's worth making policy changes their own section....
RN was specifically the bucket for the enhanced domestic first and int'l business RPU and GPU availability for Platinum and above (prior to platinum becoming a thing, it was 1k specific). There was a post a long time ago from Shannon (previous UAinsider) stating that they were 'working on it', as post 3/3, R always equalled RN (Just like I and IN do now also). I will try to dig it up later, but it's late here and I need to get some sleep. Whether they just decided it wasn't a priority or not, I don't know. If not, why not just get rid of RN and IN and make life easier for everyone trying to understand their benefits or lack thereof.

Regarding the EF issue, I see your point, and however you feel best to approach it in this thread / wiki, I am fine with it. It is a policy thing rather than a systems issue, but many of these are a grey area. The I / IN and R / RN issues were systems issues allegedly with the shares switchover, but I wonder if it's not a policy at this point, as they've had quite some time to fix it...
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by paulyras
RN was specifically the bucket for the enhanced domestic first and int'l business RPU and GPU availability for Platinum and above (prior to platinum becoming a thing, it was 1k specific). There was a post a long time ago from Shannon (previous UAinsider) stating that they were 'working on it', as post 3/3, R always equalled RN (Just like I and IN do now also). I will try to dig it up later, but it's late here and I need to get some sleep. Whether they just decided it wasn't a priority or not, I don't know. If not, why not just get rid of RN and IN and make life easier for everyone trying to understand their benefits or lack thereof.
I still maintain that some TOD offers are triggered by RN space, in which case this wont be fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.