FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Facilities changes to United at LAX, including a new United Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1501281-facilities-changes-united-lax-including-new-united-club.html)

bloodyeyeballs Sep 10, 2014 11:01 am

I'll miss the old Continental club at T6. :td:

ZZYZXROAD Sep 10, 2014 11:12 am

There isn't even a decent coffee choice in T7 or T8. Food choices are the worst of any major airport. Moving the Skywest hoppers to T8 was a bad move as centrally located T7 was much better as a connect point. Wouldn't surprise me if all commuter flights moved to East Commuter Terminal with bus service from T7,8 someday.

Didn't IAD just lose the Starbucks in C, at the people mover doors? Subway and the Brewery are gone to. Looks like D&D is taking over C at IAD. I would take LAX T8 > T7 any day over IAD C > D23 connections. Term D IAD is just as bad but the new restaurant there at people mover doors is appealing.

LAX isn't going anywhere for UA. Hope the renovations make sense beside the club itself.

azepine00 Sep 10, 2014 11:26 am

Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD (Post 23505192)
There isn't even a decent coffee choice in T7 or T8. ..

:confused:
Klatch coffee across from ua club is very good - both coffee and sandwiches - much better than anything in aa terminal 5 for example..

ianmanka Sep 10, 2014 11:45 am

Originally Posted by mgcsinc (Post 23504172)
The T6 gates are going to AA.

Sigh. I knew this was coming, but the T6 Premier check-in situation will be sorely missed.

I knew it was coming, especially because of the huge amount of linear feet in T6 for UA. I imagine it'd cost a lot of money to rent the space. I despise the T7 setup, which will become even more of a zoo. Thankfully, not many more LAX UA departures for me before I defect to DL/AA/AS.

andres21st Sep 10, 2014 12:47 pm

United LAX First Class lounge to close in Oct 2014

I am in the LAX Global First lounge, and the lovely lady here just informed me that the lounge will close and become a United Club. I'll miss the ride to my gate in the Mercedes...

lesliegolf Sep 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Someone just posted in another thread that the LAX Global First UC is closing and becoming a regular UC in October

LASUA1K Sep 10, 2014 12:58 pm

Yup. LAX is being de hubbed. CEO has said it's not a hub for anyone including UA.

fly18725 Sep 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by LASUA1K (Post 23505768)
Yup. LAX is being de hubbed. CEO has said it's not a hub for anyone including UA.

I think you missed the point completely. Maybe think about what the CEO said and try again?

Kacee Sep 10, 2014 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00 (Post 23505262)
:confused:
Klatch coffee across from ua club is very good - both coffee and sandwiches - much better than anything in aa terminal 5 for example..

Yes I like Klatch. And Wolfgang Puck is fine for food. Both are better than anything at IAD.

Originally Posted by lesliegolf (Post 23505762)
Someone just posted in another thread that the LAX Global First UC is closing and becoming a regular UC in October

The one explains the other; no way they could have fit existing traffic into T7 UC alone.

channa Sep 10, 2014 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by fly18725 (Post 23505778)
I think you missed the point completely. Maybe think about what the CEO said and try again?

The CEO doesn't speak for other carriers. DL and AA would probably deny that LAX is not a hub. They're interested in growing, not contracting.

fly18725 Sep 10, 2014 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by channa (Post 23505818)
The CEO doesn't speak for other carriers. DL and AA would probably deny that LAX is not a hub. They're interested in growing, not contracting.

There are multiple definitions of a hub and LAX does not fit some of the definitions for any of the major carriers. You can call it a hub, but that's just a label.

And I would note that United calls LAX a hub.

Back to the regularly scheduled talking points.

channa Sep 10, 2014 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by fly18725 (Post 23505854)
And I would note that United calls LAX a hub.

That is in direct contradiction to the CEO's comment.

787fan Sep 10, 2014 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by fly18725 (Post 23505854)
Back to the regularly scheduled talking points.

Basically any positive announcement thread (new routes, new planes, new meals, profitable earnings) can be turned into negative spin by page 2

i guess bitter haters with a grudge will always hate

fly18725 Sep 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by channa (Post 23505879)
That is in direct contradiction to the CEO's comment.

Of course it is, in your opinion. :rolleyes:

channa Sep 10, 2014 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by 787fan (Post 23505905)
Basically any positive announcement thread (new routes, new planes, new meals, profitable earnings) can be turned into negative spin by page 2

i guess bitter haters with a grudge will always hate

Is closing the LAX IFL a positive announcement in your opinion?