New TV Commercial for p.s.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
At least it doesn't feature Smisek.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: AS 100K
That was some horrible, uninspired acting and some terrible cinematography. The close-up of his face... oh god.

Originally Posted by mlx52
Compared to some of the new AA ads, I find this to be very uninspiring. The music background is very PMUA which was nice to hear.
It was even nicer to hear a direct excerpt of RiB and not some crappy, slapped-together safety briefing version.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax
That was some horrible, uninspired acting and some terrible cinematography. The close-up of his face... oh god.

It was even nicer to hear a direct excerpt of RiB and not some crappy, slapped-together safety briefing version.
indeed - meh!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UATexasFlyer
How did they get that flat bed seat in a RJ700?
Easy:

Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
It looked fine to me, not the best, but it does not warrant the hostility shown by posters in this thread.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BearX220
You want a commercial for business travelers? Here's a commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU2rpcAABbA
I notice that the men go to visit the customers (and probably their mistresses) while the women bring coffee and hand out travel packets. Feels like 1950, not 1990.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 12:55 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by BearX220
You want a commercial for business travelers? Here's a commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU2rpcAABbA
One of the best commercials and still relevant (maybe even more) with today's environment.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:09 pm

This is a joke, right? This is a spoof planted on someone's blog? Is McGarryBowen still handling media for United? Apparently, someone thinks sundaes will attract customers? Sweet jebus.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
New TV Commercial for p.s.

Why is the nut ramekin behind his head out if easy reach?

The product looks dull and uninspired.

Which explains the ad.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Seems strange that his wine glass and bowl of nuts are in the little shoulder-height storage area, while his electronic device is on the shelf below the screen, with a cord going who knows where. Isn't the USB plug where the wine and nuts are?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by Kurt
Seems strange that his wine glass and bowl of nuts are in the little shoulder-height storage area, while his electronic device is on the shelf below the screen, with a cord going who knows where. Isn't the USB plug where the wine and nuts are?
they are. there's also an ipod/ipad plug near that shelf under the screen to play your own video media. i'm not guessing that's what's actually used but they just wanted to show wine and nuts somewhere which is why it's there.

also i think about it, i kind of like matt damon as a voiceover. he's got a decent talking voice. he's no morgan freeman, but i like it.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by dinoscool3:21021913
It looked fine to me, not the best, but it does not warrant the hostility shown by posters in this thread.
When you compare it to the UA commercials of the mid 2000s, well, there really is no comparison. The marketing then was brilliant, the marketing now is atrociously bland.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by bob_the_d
also i think about it, i kind of like matt damon as a voiceover. he's got a decent talking voice. he's no morgan freeman, but i like it.
Thankfully he didn't use the opportunity to reprise his role as Carol the Pilot.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver. Back of the plane on everyone else.
Really unfortunate ad. The message is pretty muddled, and there's no sense of who the target audience is.

B.D. Wong isn't a young and trendy urbanite, but not someone who will connect with an established business flyer either. Same thing with Matt Damon.

The sell is on the amenities, but United's weakness, if you ask me, is the service experience - grouchy gate agents, grouchy flight attendants, an airline that doesn't care.

I don't walk away from this with a sense that United understands why I fly, what I want from the experience. Contrast that to these three ads that absolutely deliver the message (in three very different ways):

United Airlines - "Rededicated"

American Airlines - "Going Home"

United Airlines - "Interview"

Anyway, just two pennies from a PR guy (and everyone knows the ad guys hate us PR guys!)...
Old Jul 1, 2013, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DC Mike
I don't walk away from this with a sense that United understands why I fly
Don't we all fly to get from here to there? I don't see UA or anyone else marketing "grand circle" flights that depart and take off from the same airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.