Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the new RECARO seats UA is installing?
I love them
1.83%
They are okay
9.57%
I am indifferent
6.31%
I don't really like them
20.98%
I hate them
48.07%
I've not tried them yet / no opinion
13.24%
Voters: 491. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2013, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Sulley
Better. Sam exact seat, more cushion.
Based on the negative experiences so far, that doesn't speak well to the "cushion" upgrade
Old Sep 28, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Well, enjoy them on your AA Airbii

Air France is also going to be deploying them on their long haul fleet... ick.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 3:53 pm

Well, enjoy them on your AA Airbii

Air France is also going to be deploying them on their long haul fleet... ick.
Recaro's on long haul? Like 10+ hours? Really? That sounds like it's crossing a line.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mitchmu
Recaro's on long haul? Like 10+ hours? Really? That sounds like it's crossing a line.
As the French say, oui...

http://corporate.airfrance.com/en/pr...mfort-for-all/

They make the seats sound so comfortable
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K

Hahahahahaha, let us always remember that there are airlines out there that put UA's "enhancement" BS to shame.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:21 pm

Wow. I'm assuming that's the same "improved" version that UA has chosen.

Just from looking at the photo, I can start to feel the burning and bruising sensations that would develop from > 10 hours in that without movement.

My view: 3-4 hours - no problem. 5-6 hours, I'll have to try to form an opinion.

But, more than that? No way.

Maybe it's somehow made more tolerable by the french accents?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Just took a 4hr flight on one of these new A320s in 21A. Seat cushions seem thinner and harder. They also seem more narrow to me but that must be my imagination. They are definitely shorter. Like previously reported, the tray does fold down infront of you. This actually seems like somewhat of an upgrade. It is thicker and pulls out closer to you and more sturdy, but it seems smaller. Strange to find it in an exit row though since it completely blocks the exit. It's been a while since I've been in the exit row of an airbus so I can't tell if the pitch has changed much, I think it is less though. The united status page said "Wi-Fi access is available for purchase on this flight. Free audio programming is also available, and offers live cockpit communications with air traffic control on Channel 9, a feature that's unique to United". But no audio and no CH9. No power ports either. All together definitely a downgrade in passenger comfort. At this point, the seat is barely a step above a ride on a regional jet
Old Sep 30, 2013, 9:55 am

I was on a 319 wifi bird this weekend and noticed that when the FA/Pilots made announcements the in-seat audio/Ch 9 never cut out, so it was easy to miss any announcements.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 5:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by mitchmu
Wow. I'm assuming that's the same "improved" version that UA has chosen.
Recaro makes more than one type of seat. AF uses the SL3510 on regional flights using the A320series. That one is the precursor to the seat LH designed with Recaro (BL3520). The SL3510 is fare worse than the BL3520, the biggest crime there is the no recline feature . The United seat is a padded BL3520.

The longhaul variant AF chose the CL3710, which is a variant of the longhaul LH Y seat found in the older A330 and all A346.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat
Just flew on one of the A320s from IAH to LGA and the seats are painful! Was sitting in seat 21A and couldn't wait to get off. Plus, no IFE = not good.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:53 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Recaro makes more than one type of seat. AF uses the SL3510 on regional flights using the A320series. That one is the precursor to the seat LH designed with Recaro (BL3520). The SL3510 is fare worse than the BL3520, the biggest crime there is the no recline feature . The United seat is a padded BL3520.

The longhaul variant AF chose the CL3710, which is a variant of the longhaul LH Y seat found in the older A330 and all A346.
thanks for posting, I was about to point out that it is not the UAL seat, does not even look like it. For folks who want to see the differences, here is the Racardo site: http://www.recaro-as.com/bl3520.html

and p.s. here is what Rainy had to say when the BL3520 was launched "However, United remains confident the changes being made to its Airbus narrowbody fleet will result in “a much better aircraft for our passengers and a better customer convenience”, Rainey declared."

Always another "changes you will like"

Last edited by spin88; Oct 2, 2013 at 11:03 pm
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Exclamation Poll request

- Like the new seats
- Dislike the new seats

(I'll keep my personal distaste out of the answer possibilities)
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by eng3
Just took a 4hr flight on one of these new A320s in 21A. Seat cushions seem thinner and harder. They also seem more narrow to me but that must be my imagination. They are definitely shorter. Like previously reported, the tray does fold down infront of you. This actually seems like somewhat of an upgrade. It is thicker and pulls out closer to you and more sturdy, but it seems smaller. Strange to find it in an exit row though since it completely blocks the exit. It's been a while since I've been in the exit row of an airbus so I can't tell if the pitch has changed much, I think it is less though. The united status page said "Wi-Fi access is available for purchase on this flight. Free audio programming is also available, and offers live cockpit communications with air traffic control on Channel 9, a feature that's unique to United". But no audio and no CH9. No power ports either. All together definitely a downgrade in passenger comfort. At this point, the seat is barely a step above a ride on a regional jet
The seats have been moved closer together in the exit rows on the planes with these seats, that I am sure of.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
- Like the new seats
- Dislike the new seats

(I'll keep my personal distaste out of the answer possibilities)
Your wish is my cmmand! I just created a poll for this. I believe I have provided a good range of choices. If you have suggestions related to the choices, please send me a PM.

Xyzzy
UA forum moderator
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Your wish is my cmmand! I just created a poll for this. I believe I have provided a good range of choices. If you have suggestions related to the choices, please send me a PM.

Xyzzy
UA forum moderator
thanks for the poll, and thanks for the excellent suggestion for one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.