Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
United operates two versions of the 767-400ER, one of which features true Polaris seating and a Premium Plus Cabin.
For guidance on the new Polaris version, use this thread -- Everything You Want to Know about Where to Sit on the 764 true Polaris and PP version
While United is in the process of completing these updates during 2023, some flights will show the old (non-Polaris) seat map but then change to the Polaris-style seat map. Typically this switch shows on the flight status page after midnight (CT) 2+ days before the flight's scheduled departure.

Boeing 767-400ER (764)

Seatback on-demand entertainment all seats
AC & USB available throughout the plane
Fixed bassinets - 16DEF, 28DEF

AeroLOPA 764 Diamond seats
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 9:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I sat in 3D on this plane this week from IAD-IAH and found the footwell really tight. I enjoyed the center aisle otherwise but it was almost impossible to get both my feet in at the same time.
Old May 16, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Any advice for a solo traveler in Polaris/BusinessFirst? Currently have 1D on a westbound TATL into EWR. Not particularly tall, so the shorter seat length isn't an issue. More concerned about annoyances from nearby forward galley, lavs, and passengers bumping into my seat from both aisles.

Have not been on the 767-400ER since before the merger and before the (c)2010-2011 flat bed seat mods.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:55 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
You have the best seat on the plane. There are no forward lavs on the 767-400 so nobody would be bumping into you with the exception of maybe an FA.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Platinum
Originally Posted by In The 216
You have the best seat on the plane. There are no forward lavs on the 767-400 so nobody would be bumping into you with the exception of maybe an FA.
Agreed. My only issue with 1D is on eastbound TATL flights when noise from the galley can interrupt sleep but this generally occurs only early in the flight.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:48 pm

On 767-400, does the exit door affect legroom in seats 28A and 28L?

Sorry for the newbie question, but it’s my very first time flying United.

or am I better off in seats 16A or 16L? (unless the bulkhead is really close?)

Thank you so much for your advice.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by MrWilliamston
Sorry for the newbie question, but it’s my very first time flying United.

or am I better off in seats 16A or 16L? (unless the bulkhead is really close?)

Thank you so much for your advice.
You're likely to get all kinds of insights/anecdotes/preferences/biases/etc from the smart folk here, but file this one away for quick reference when such questions arise:

https://www.seatguru.com
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
You're likely to get all kinds of insights/anecdotes/preferences/biases/etc from the smart folk here, but file this one away for quick reference when such questions arise:

https://www.seatguru.com
I use Seatguru, but only as a last resort, because a lot of the info are questionable.

On Delta's 767-400, Seatguru doesn't show the emergency door as protruding. On United's 767-400, Seatguru says the emergency door protrude into the legroom space... or does United have a different kind of 767-400 with a different type of emergency exit door?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:36 am

took the flight. thought I leave this comment in case anyone asks in the future:

any seat in row 16 has more than plenty of legroom for anyone under 6'4" unless they have extremely long legs.

not sure if it's just on my flight, but a lot of E+ passengers just go up to use the business class lavatories in front of row 16. the flight attendants said absolutely nothing during the 9-hour flight across the Atlantic.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
not sure if it's just on my flight, but a lot of E+ passengers just go up to use the business class lavatories in front of row 16. the flight attendants said absolutely nothing during the 9-hour flight across the Atlantic.
That seems to be the norm in J and GF, however, I was pleasantly surprised with the vigilance shown by the GF FAs on my last flight: They locked the bathroom door and allowed access only the GF passengers.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
That seems to be the norm in J and GF, however, I was pleasantly surprised with the vigilance shown by the GF FAs on my last flight: They locked the bathroom door and allowed access only the GF passengers.
what if it's a bathroom emergency and the passenger has no time to summon the FA to unlock the door? has happened to me on more than on occasion where a mere seconds meant the difference between soil pants and getting on the toilet in time. (this happened to me on a Delta 747-400 and I had to run downstairs to the lower deck lavatory because upper deck lavs were occupied)
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
what if it's a bathroom emergency and the passenger has no time to summon the FA to unlock the door? has happened to me on more than on occasion where a mere seconds meant the difference between soil pants and getting on the toilet in time. (this happened to me on a Delta 747-400 and I had to run downstairs to the lower deck lavatory because upper deck lavs were occupied)
Happy to report that there always seemed to be a FA right by the bathroom, as the galley was right next to it. Also happy to report that all systems functioned well enough to handle the time wait. But, I share your pain....
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
Happy to report that there always seemed to be a FA right by the bathroom, as the galley was right next to it. Also happy to report that all systems functioned well enough to handle the time wait. But, I share your pain....
so the flight attendants now have to pull double duty as bathroom attendants as well? wait until the union reps hear about this.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:59 pm

Booked UAL 767-400 Economy+ RT EWR-HNL.
Does anyone know if rows 16, 17, -or- 18 lack windows? Seatguru labels 16A and 16L "bad seats" for lacking windows. Consequently I selected rows 17 and 18. But posts on this thread give row 16 good reviews and checking photos of the exterior, it looks like three of the first six fuselage frames aft of Door 2 are missing windows (representing rows 16, 17, and 18?) . Any info appreciated - thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I'm flying next month from EWR-ATH Polaris. I know the seats aren't installed in the 767 but they still call it Polaris. I'm in 3A but saw that 1L came up available. Is there much difference? Last year we flew a 777 out of ORD and I was shocked at how tiny the seats were. Yes they reclined and it was BF, but not a lot of width. Meanwhile, like thisyear, my BFF is traveling economy. Last year she got a bulkhead row to herself. I do hope to sleep on this night flight. Going home I am in 1L but wonder if I should switch bcof possible galley noise?

Anyone? Best Polaris/BF seats on 767?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 31, 2017 at 4:03 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by thaliajen
Anyone? Best Polaris/BF seats on 767?
This is the right thread
What is you criteria for best?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.