Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Current UA Process for Prioritizing Meal Orders in Premium Cabins [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
As of the last update from an inside source, the meal choice prioritization policy is to prioritize in this order:

1. Global Services
2. Premier 1K
3. All other revenue passengers
4. Nonrevs

This prioritization is done in the galley, after taking orders. If you saw a flight crew take orders front to back, but did not see any GS/1K passengers denied their first choice, you have not witnessed a violation of the policy. Indeed, taking orders front to back is correct under the policy.

Post #30
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

As several of you have mentioned, there has been no procedure change to prioritizing premium cabin meal orders.

As a reminder, our standard procedure is to take meal orders from front to back of the cabin and ask for a second choice in case your first choice is not available. After meal orders are taken, our inflight crew will prioritize meal orders in the galley. This way, we can streamline the order-taking processes while eliminating skipping around the cabin for order-taking.

-UA Insider
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Thanks! Is it still GS, then 1K, then everyone else front to back? As in, 1K hasn't been pulled from priority as some FAs have told us?
Hi, UA-NYC,

Yes, your assertion is accurate. Premier 1K will still be prioritized as you stated, but again, this is to be done in the galley.

-UA Insider
Print Wikipost

Current UA Process for Prioritizing Meal Orders in Premium Cabins [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
This memo is perfectly clear to anyone with half a functioning brain. I consider it generous that an upgraded 1K will be given priority ahead of a lower status full fare paid F pax.
The memo says to prioritize one group in one place, and two groups in another. In the hands of some FAs, that's practically an invitation to just give up and serve no food at all.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
This memo is perfectly clear to anyone with half a functioning brain ....
It all depends which half is functioning.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demkr
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

"If possible, 1K"

Eye roll
I can see the possibility of running out of a particular entree before running out of 1Ks

Hopefully in 2015, the line will read "Ensure all GS and 1Ks get their 1st choice".
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Hopefully in 2015, the line will read "Ensure all GS and 1Ks get their 1st choice".
Should really be "Paid/Non-Upgraded F pax first" then GS, 1K etc --- GS and 1Ks flying paid F would still get priority -- putting paid F pax behind GS and 1K is silly.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Should really be "Paid/Non-Upgraded F pax first" then GS, 1K etc --- GS and 1Ks flying paid F would still get priority -- putting paid F pax behind GS and 1K is silly.
At the risk of rekindling a topic that's been debated to death, I tend to agree paid F should go ahead of upgraded 1K. I personally feel entitled to first choice when I've paid for F. When I'm upgraded, I feel a little guilty about it.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
This memo is perfectly clear to anyone with half a functioning brain. I consider it generous that an upgraded 1K will be given priority ahead of a lower status full fare paid F pax.
Half of brainers who read through the whole thing, that is.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Half of brainers who read through the whole thing, that is.
It's true, there's no cure for stupid.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thumbs down UA ... The Follower in the Industry (not a leader)

How about if UA lets customers pre-order meal selections like AA????

Not really rocket science for all you ex CO Managers that now run UA.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by aerolaw

They'll get around to that in 2025 or so lol
Old Feb 7, 2014, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC

You don't get to $2B in cuts by making a massive investment in meal ordering online for over-entitled elites
Old Feb 7, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium

Pre-ordering meals might make a precious GS who forgot to log in to united.com not get their choice.... We can't have that!
Old Feb 7, 2014, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At the risk of rekindling a topic that's been debated to death, I tend to agree paid F should go ahead of upgraded 1K. I personally feel entitled to first choice when I've paid for F. When I'm upgraded, I feel a little guilty about it.
I agree 100%!

...except for planes I'm on....
Old Feb 7, 2014, 4:48 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie

Only after they figure out how much to charge for it
Old Feb 7, 2014, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof
Mmmm, grilled salmon! Is there any flight in the UA system that offers grilled salmon for a main course in F? If not, then the briefing should be revised along the lines of

"Mr. Smith, I'm sorry your first choice is no longer available. However we do have the hot pocket for you."
and put in instructions to "not say "that hot pocket thingy" and keep a straight face when passengers react"

also, "don't complain to passengers how little the company has provided you to do your job"
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)

No, they'll announce it one year after Delta announces that they're doing it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.