Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Boeing 757-300 (753)
Seat map (24Domestic F seats/55E+/134E configuration)

Entertainment -- now 100% personal device entertainment (DirecTV has been removed)

WiFi (Internet access for a fee)
Power -- F & E+ , none in regular economy

1A/B has a great cutout for extra foot space, 1E/F has no cutout and may be tight for taller passengers.

New Slimline 753s

This link Interim 757-300 seat map shows a strange interim seat map that you might want to consult if the one(s) above do not match what you are seeing on United.bomb.
See the bottom of the Wiki there for warnings about seat selection.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Just wondering how big the spread between xCO and ATA 753's is? What makes the ATA birds so tired?

I've got a HNL-LAX flight on a 753 later this month.

I had a 753 LAX-ORD flight booked last week, but it cancelled due to aircraft maintenance. I guess that bird was too tired!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
No, I don't need to know in advance. I already had that page bookmarked. I just wanted to see if someone knew if what planes are used on BOS-SFO and KOA-LAX.
It's too early for an aircraft assignment but there are no dedicated 753s on those flights. They are rotated throughout the domestic system. Some days it will be the original CO 753s, others it will be the ATA hand-me-downs.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Flying BOS-SFO-KOA, KOA-LAX, LAX-IAH-BOS on the 18th, 24th, and 27th respectively. UA1758 BOS-SFO and UA1205 KOA-LAX are operated by 753's. How to know if they're the newer pmCO ones or the really tired ATA birds? Just asking for flight logging purposes.

Why are the ATA ones tired? They were all refurbished with the retro CO interior when they were bought from ATA.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA*S/Club, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by channa
Why are the ATA ones tired? They were all refurbished with the retro CO interior when they were bought from ATA.
While the oldest 753s are all ex-ATA, they were all manufactured between 2001 and 2004 - not much of a spread (and indeed some of the ex-CO 753s are older than the ex-ATA ones).

http://www.planespotters.net/Product...57-300&sort=ln
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
Just wondering how big the spread between xCO and ATA 753's is? What makes the ATA birds so tired?

I've got a HNL-LAX flight on a 753 later this month.

I had a 753 LAX-ORD flight booked last week, but it cancelled due to aircraft maintenance. I guess that bird was too tired!
The CO 753s have the escape path lights on the side of the seats, while the ATA hand-me-downs have a continuous luminescent strip on the floor.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Just an observation, appears as if 33A and 33F are not considered E+ seats anymore....
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by channa
You mean the slave ships? I hate those things. They even smell bad.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee
You mean the slave ships? I hate those things. They even smell bad.
Nothing wrong with them. They are fantastic birds. I flew on many many MDW-XXX destinations on those bad boys. Mostly MDW-MSP. They were and are still a joy to fly.

They are better than a shiny new 739.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 9:20 pm

No, I don't need to know in advance. I already had that page bookmarked. I just wanted to see if someone knew if what planes are used on BOS-SFO and KOA-LAX.
I will admit I don't watch these routes specifically so I'm guessing, but I doubt there will be a consistent pattern. All 753's now have their ETOPS certifications so there's no operational difference. DTV doesn't reach all the way to HI but the WiFi on the ATA birds does (for those that have it -- 8 of 12 so far) but the 737 fleet has shown that IFE/connectivity factors don't seem to be taken into account by operations.

I will echo the sentiment that the ATA vs pmCO interiors don't seem to be any more tired than the other... personally I consider all of the pmCO cloth interiors to be getting a bit tired (especially on the 73G fleet) but maybe that's because I've been flying it since I was in middle school.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
had a 757-3 yesterday for morning iad->lax flight
plane got subbed last minute from a non-dtv to one with DTV
the FC seats were really nice as the base slid forward as I reclined so i got a better angle and was more easily able to sleep for 4 hours of the flight
loved the plane far more then the 737-9's i have had in the last week
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by LordTentacle
had a 757-3 yesterday for morning iad->lax flight
plane got subbed last minute from a non-dtv to one with DTV
the FC seats were really nice as the base slid forward as I reclined so i got a better angle and was more easily able to sleep for 4 hours of the flight
loved the plane far more then the 737-9's i have had in the last week
Yes the new 739's have no first class. Those are economy seats masking as first class. Can't even stick a backpack in the aisle seats.

I see nothing wrong with the 757-300 fleet. Yes they look a bit outdated due to the colors they chose, but they are comfortable aircraft.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:19 pm

Seat recommendation for OGG-SFO?

Managed to snag United First Saver Award for OGG-SFO flight for me and the wife. UA1725. Any recommendations for seats? SG shows 1A/B in green, but would love rec from someone who knows.

Thanks!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 17, 2015 at 4:43 am Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by PackingIt
Managed to snag United First Saver Award for OGG-SFO flight for me and the wife. UA1725. Any recommendations for seats? SG shows 1A/B in green, but would love rec from someone who knows.

Thanks!
I always pick row 6, but that's just me. I like reclining and not worried about bothering the passenger behind me.

Problem with Row 6, you may not get your first choice in meals. I avoid row 1 on the 757, but that's just me.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:43 pm

Thanks! For my reference, what's wrong with row 1?

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I always pick row 6, but that's just me. I like reclining and not worried about bothering the passenger behind me.

Problem with Row 6, you may not get your first choice in meals. I avoid row 1 on the 757, but that's just me.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PackingIt
Thanks! For my reference, what's wrong with row 1?
It's completely a personal preference issue. Some people don't like the bulkhead because of the hard wall in front and no underseat storage.

I personally much prefer the bulkhead, particularly on the pmCO aircraft, because in the other rows the seats go back so far you wind up with the pax in front of you basically in your lap. Feels quite claustrophobic to me.

1A/1B on the 753 have a large cut-out for your feet. Those would be my seats of preference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.