FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1393619-consolidated-ua-757-300-seating-ife-etc-thread.html)

02BNFR Oct 2, 12 4:28 pm

Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread
 
I just booked a flight from SFO to IAD on a 757-300, and when I went to select seats, the seat map indicated that there was no economy plus section on the plan at all. There were plenty of seats available in what is usually the economy plus section, but they were all shown as regular economy seats.

Is this just a glitch or are there really UA flights with no economy plus seats?

zoegksf Oct 2, 12 4:33 pm

Not all of them have been converted yet. If there is a Row 14 then no E+. I am on this flight too I think, the redeye?

WineCountryUA Oct 2, 12 4:35 pm


Originally Posted by bdelancy (Post 19425748)
... Is this just a glitch or are there really UA flights with no economy plus seats?

Many of the sCO (subsidary CO) aircraft have not yet been updated to E+. For the 753 -- 13 have, 8 have not.

aacharya Oct 2, 12 4:41 pm


Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 19425779)
Many of the sCO (subsidary CO) aircraft have not yet been updated to E+. For the 753 -- 13 have, 8 have not.

I thought that is because they are taking out some of the 753s from service.

OP - depending on your flight time, you might be advised to book something closer to the front of the plane, so that when the planes switch, you'll be back in E+.

02BNFR Oct 2, 12 4:50 pm

Thanks everyone. I did select row 14, but perhaps I will switch to a row closer to the front just in case.

ZOEGKSF: My flight leaves in the morning, so we may not be on the same flight.

redtailshark Oct 2, 12 5:16 pm


Originally Posted by bdelancy (Post 19425853)
Thanks everyone. I did select row 14, but perhaps I will switch to a row closer to the front just in case.

ZOEGKSF: My flight leaves in the morning, so we may not be on the same flight.

The unconverted CO-spec anteater is an horrendous machine. Exceeded among US majors' equipment only by the NW-spec machines..... and worldwide perhaps by Condor's unspeakable 280-seat implementation that they seem to be able to fly to ANC.

Near the front is still better because disembarkation on this machine takes much longer than they schedule for and strains connection times if you're in 42D.

zoegksf Oct 2, 12 5:32 pm


Originally Posted by bdelancy (Post 19425853)
Thanks everyone. I did select row 14, but perhaps I will switch to a row closer to the front just in case.

ZOEGKSF: My flight leaves in the morning, so we may not be on the same flight.

I would suggest any Row with the exception of 14. If it gets swapped out for an E+ bird, you won't have any seat assignment. I see that there are 2 753's a day now. Ahhh, how I miss the WB 3-class planes.

JOSECONLSCREW28 Oct 2, 12 6:18 pm


Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 19425779)
Many of the sCO (subsidary CO) aircraft have not yet been updated to E+. For the 753 -- 13 have, 8 have not.

The 8 that currently do not have E+ are the ones that will also be getting DTV at the same time as the E+ installation.

buckeyefanflyer Oct 2, 12 7:40 pm

Just to note many of the 757-300's from CO are now flying PMUA routes.

Dsybok Oct 2, 12 8:40 pm


Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer (Post 19426704)
Just to note many of the 757-300's from CO are now flying PMUA routes.

Yes they are, I have had PMCO 753s from DEN and ORD in and out of LAX in the last few weeks, they are not all converted to E+ as others have said, and they take friggin forever to load.

Interestingly they all seem to fly in and out of T6 at LAX, the PMCO terminal, but somehow manage to fly into UA terminals in DEN and ORD.

Why can't they use T7 at LAX?

Chugach Oct 2, 12 9:10 pm


Originally Posted by redtailshark (Post 19425969)
The unconverted CO-spec anteater is an horrendous machine. Exceeded among US majors' equipment only by the NW-spec machines..... and worldwide perhaps by Condor's unspeakable 280-seat implementation that they seem to be able to fly to ANC.

Near the front is still better because disembarkation on this machine takes much longer than they schedule for and strains connection times if you're in 42D.

Condor flies the 763 to ANC, not 753.

But, I've taken the sCO 753's on the ANC-SEA-IAH route in the past and it is/was brutal to be on that plane for nine hours unless you sat in F.

ben237829624 Oct 2, 12 9:22 pm


Originally Posted by Dsybok (Post 19427016)
Yes they are, I have had PMCO 753s from DEN and ORD in and out of LAX in the last few weeks, they are not all converted to E+ as others have said, and they take friggin forever to load.

Interestingly they all seem to fly in and out of T6 at LAX, the PMCO terminal, but somehow manage to fly into UA terminals in DEN and ORD.

Why can't they use T7 at LAX?

UA still use terminal 7 at LAX. All non-elites should check-in at T7, and all elites at T6. T6 and T7 are connected by shuttle bus.

tomasem Oct 2, 12 9:32 pm


Originally Posted by ben237829624 (Post 19427218)
UA still use terminal 7 at LAX. All non-elites should check-in at T7, and all elites at T6. T6 and T7 are connected by shuttle bus.

Actually they're connected by a walkway.

tuolumne Oct 2, 12 9:34 pm

They don't call this sweaty tube the slave ship for nothing. Good luck being seated anywhere past the wings - This is the one to actively avoid if possible.

fzwinter Oct 2, 12 10:59 pm

I've flown on a couple of the old 753s recently. Was able to book an exit row on one flight, so it wasn't too bad in Y. I got upgraded on the other flight (LAX-IAD redeye) and was pleased that it seemed to be more comfortable than the old UA 757s due to the absence of the "box" underneath the seats in front of me.

Have a couple of 753 flights coming up (SFO-OGG and return) - I'm sure not looking forward to those in Y but for $300 RT ai I shouldn't complain.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:48 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.