Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Boeing 757-300 (753)
Seat map (24Domestic F seats/55E+/134E configuration)

Entertainment -- now 100% personal device entertainment (DirecTV has been removed)

WiFi (Internet access for a fee)
Power -- F & E+ , none in regular economy

1A/B has a great cutout for extra foot space, 1E/F has no cutout and may be tight for taller passengers.

New Slimline 753s

This link Interim 757-300 seat map shows a strange interim seat map that you might want to consult if the one(s) above do not match what you are seeing on United.bomb.
See the bottom of the Wiki there for warnings about seat selection.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:30 pm

WARNING: UA 757-300 Seats 33D-F - NO DIRECTV after retrofit

I just completed a trip on UA #1043 LAX-EWR on 2/10/13. This was a last-minute change for me due to the snowstorm on the east coast. At the time of booking, I was relieved to discover that E+ exit row seats 33D-F were available, and that this appeared to be one of the few 757-300s that had actually been refitted with DirecTV. So I booked 33F.

Imagine my surprise when boarding to discover that JUST 33D-F (no other seats on the plane) have NO DIRECTV. No TV's mounted into the bulkhead (there are crew jumpseats covering 2/3 of it), and no fold-down TV's under the seat either. Just no entertainment at all. In an Economy Plus row no less! Just to rub it in, there IS a TV corresponding to 33F in the bulkhead, but it is only there to screen the safety demo - there are no in-seat controls and it does not function for the rest of the flight. Sure was fun being completely surrounded by other people enjoying their DirecTV on a 5-hour flight and not being able to watch it myself! Shame on United for not figuring out a workaround for these seats.

Between this bizarre omission, the protruding exit door, and the lack of floor stowage during takeoff/landing, I would highly recommend avoiding 33D-F on these aircraft at all costs.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by danwer930
I just completed a trip on UA #1043 LAX-EWR on 2/10/13. This was a last-minute change for me due to the snowstorm on the east coast. At the time of booking, I was relieved to discover that E+ exit row seats 33D-F were available, and that this appeared to be one of the few 757-300s that had actually been refitted with DirecTV. So I booked 33F.

Imagine my surprise when boarding to discover that JUST 33D-F (no other seats on the plane) have NO DIRECTV. No TV's mounted into the bulkhead (there are crew jumpseats covering 2/3 of it), and no fold-down TV's under the seat either. Just no entertainment at all. In an Economy Plus row no less! Just to rub it in, there IS a TV corresponding to 33F in the bulkhead, but it is only there to screen the safety demo - there are no in-seat controls and it does not function for the rest of the flight. Sure was fun being completely surrounded by other people enjoying their DirecTV on a 5-hour flight and not being able to watch it myself! Shame on United for not figuring out a workaround for these seats.

Between this bizarre omission, the protruding exit door, and the lack of floor stowage during takeoff/landing, I would highly recommend avoiding 33D-F on these aircraft at all costs.
That seems odd. Does A-C have it?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
That seems odd. Does A-C have it?
Yes, A-C has screens mounted on the bulkhead. The jumpseats appear to be what get in the way in D-F.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:36 am

Yes, A-C has screens mounted on the bulkhead. The jumpseats appear to be what get in the way in D-F.
Thanks for the tip, I just moved over to that side. Thanks again.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
For reference, seems like it was ship #3855, N57855.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Thanks for the tip, I just moved over to that side. Thanks again.
My pleasure - I'm hoping now that the word's out UA will do something about it.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:06 pm

My pleasure - I'm hoping now that the word's out UA will do something about it.
They would have to install fold out monitors from the seats as all 753s have the double jumpseat in front of 33DEF.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
They would have to install fold out monitors from the seats as all 753s have the double jumpseat in front of 33DEF.
Well, they better get on that right away then... seeing as the 787 and all form of sUA widebody seats in Exit and Bulkhead rows have fold out monitors.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Well, they better get on that right away then... seeing as the 787 and all form of sUA widebody seats in Exit and Bulkhead rows have fold out monitors.
I don't believe there's even an option to install DTV fold out monitors. Of all the ones I've seen at bulkhead seats have been attached to the wall in front of the pax.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
In F, is it better to have bulkhead for more legroom (cutout)? or are there no "good" rows on this aircraft. Asking about LAX-OGG and OGG-LAX redeye in particular.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
I don't believe there's even an option to install DTV fold out monitors. Of all the ones I've seen at bulkhead seats have been attached to the wall in front of the pax.
Where there's a will, there's a way.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:12 am

757-300 Which seats in First Class???

I am on a 6 hr flight domestic flight on United's 757-300 in the front. I have a choice of either 1A or the last row (6A or 6B) by the bathrooms. Which would be a better seat? Does 1A provide more leg room by having a cutout in the bulkhead? I think 1B does but not sure of 1A (I have noticed 1B having it and not 1A on a 737-900. Strange!). And does the last row recline more?

I would appreciate any input. Thank you!
Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by nomorecoach
I am on a 6 hr flight domestic flight on United's 757-300 in the front. I have a choice of either 1A or the last row (6A or 6B) by the bathrooms. Which would be a better seat? Does 1A provide more leg room by having a cutout in the bulkhead? I think 1B does but not sure of 1A (I have noticed 1B having it and not 1A on a 737-900. Strange!). And does the last row recline more?

I would appreciate any input. Thank you!
1A and B both have a huge cutout on the 753. They are larger than any othe under seat storage in the cabin. You'll also be away from the forward economy toilet sound/smell. You'll also get a better chance of getting your meal choice. Best seats in the cabin. Its also easy to get put of 1A during flight with no seat in front of you. The only minuses IMHO are the extra time to deplane thru door 2L and overhead movie screen (if so equipped) at bad angle (not a problem if a tablet provides your entertainment, like mine does....).

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jun 9, 2013 at 11:46 am
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
1A and B both have a huge cutout on the 753. They are larger than any othe under seat storage in the cabin. You'll also be away from the forward economy toilet sound/smell. You'll also get a better chance of getting your meal choice. Best seats in the cabin. Its also easy to get put of 1A during flight with no seat in front of you. The only minuses IMHO are the extra time to deplane thru door 2L and overhead movie screen (if so equipped) at bad angle (not a problem if a tablet provides your entertainment, like mine does....).
Thank you! I guess I'll go with 1A.

Last edited by nomorecoach; Jun 10, 2013 at 7:36 am
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:56 pm

I prefer row 6 where I can recline and have a feeling of privacy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.