Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Boeing 757-300 (753)
Seat map (24Domestic F seats/55E+/134E configuration)

Entertainment -- now 100% personal device entertainment (DirecTV has been removed)

WiFi (Internet access for a fee)
Power -- F & E+ , none in regular economy

1A/B has a great cutout for extra foot space, 1E/F has no cutout and may be tight for taller passengers.

New Slimline 753s

This link Interim 757-300 seat map shows a strange interim seat map that you might want to consult if the one(s) above do not match what you are seeing on United.bomb.
See the bottom of the Wiki there for warnings about seat selection.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by iquitos
Day, Date Flight Class Departure City and Time Arrival City and Time Aircraft Meal
Wed, 22JAN14 UA1298 G WASHINGTON, DC
(IAD - DULLES) 8:40 AM LOS ANGELES, CA
(LAX) 11:22 AM 757-300

One miserable acft. No e+ No AVOD, miserable CO crew. AVOID at all cost. They dump the early arriving Middle East and Brazil flight pax on this one to LAX. Poor people. I just got rebooked on it due to WX at IAD on the 22nd. If this is an example of their pre merger product CO was one miserable airline.
Yeah and UA was so much better right? All of the employees at sUA were wonderful and great, perfect etc etc etc right? And all the employees at sCO are terrible, lousy, miserable right? Give me a freaking break
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
757-300
One miserable acft. No e+ No AVOD, .....

No UA 757-300 is recorded with less than 57 E+ seats
9 with AVOD and 12 with overhead cabin displays

UA Fleet Site

Boeing 757-300 (753)
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile Gold, Club, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hertz G, A/Club
it is not true.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:17 pm

it is not true.
What's not true?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Yeah and UA was so much better right? All of the employees at sUA were wonderful and great, perfect etc etc etc right? And all the employees at sCO are terrible, lousy, miserable right? Give me a freaking break
We are talking E+ here. E+ is better than E-.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:19 pm

I am re/booked on a flight with no E+. Tell me about it. UNLESS YOU COUNT THE EXIT ROWS.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:20 pm

We are talking E+ here. E+ is better than E-.
Isn't it hilarious that all the CO 753s that you think are so terrible actually have E+ now. Oh and and for your FYI some of your beloved sUA FAs actually crossed over to the sCO side a couple years back. So you may very well have some of them on the flight you posted.

I am re/booked on a flight with no E+. Tell me about it.
I can 100% confirm that all 753s have E+. And they have had it for some time now.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jan 20, 2014 at 11:59 pm Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I am re/booked on a flight with no E+. Tell me about it.
what specific airframe number has no E+???? All 757-300's are recorded as have E+.

I am re/booked on a flight with no E+. Tell me about it. UNLESS YOU COUNT THE EXIT ROWS. https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...TravIndex=&ME=
still incorrect -- your link is bad but check the other provided links. or Boeing 757-300 (753)
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:22 pm

Yes the original CO 753s have been outfitted with ETOPS for use on the Hawaii runs. Flights using the original CO 753s today:

Tail #851
LAX - OGG - SFO
Tail #857
SFO - KOA - SFO
I see. Thanks for the update.

-David
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

No UA 757-300 is recorded with less than 57 E+ seats
9 with AVOD and 12 with overhead cabin displays

UA Fleet Site

Boeing 757-300 (753)
What's weird is I've flown on 2 753 this year -- one with DTV in F and one with the overhead screens in Y. I found the Y seats to be one of the more comfortable examples in the EX-CON fleet. I think it might have been an ex-ATA bird, which might have explain that.

The F product on the 753 on EWR-LAX was terrible. No pillows or blankets and hard seats. The food was of the premium nature, albeit with surly crews.

Originally Posted by lensman
DL and AA are offering AVOD free on all domestic flights? That's fantastic. I'll have to think about switching! What's their schedule for retrofitting all their planes? I'll take a link to the FT thread if you've got it.

Thanks!
DL and AA offer free content. DL has a more expansive AVOD fleet, AA more limited with just the new Airbuses having it.

Still better than what UA is doing -- ripping screens out of the Airbuses, domestic 777 (and soon 753), offering a sucky DTV that may or may not go bye-bye in 2016, and streaming wi-fi that doesn't work all too well.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 20, 2014 at 9:48 pm Reason: merge
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by REPUBLIC757
What's weird is I've flown on 2 753 this year -- one with DTV in F and one with the overhead screens in Y. I found the Y seats to be one of the more comfortable examples in the EX-CON fleet. I think it might have been an ex-ATA bird, which might have explain that. ....
yes the overhead display 753s are previous ATA birds.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by REPUBLIC757
DL and AA offer free content. DL has a more expansive AVOD fleet, AA more limited with just the new Airbuses having it.

Still better than what UA is doing -- ripping screens out of the Airbuses, domestic 777 (and soon 753), offering a sucky DTV that may or may not go bye-bye in 2016, and streaming wi-fi that doesn't work all too well.
Only the 753s with the overhead screens are getting the screens removed and replaced with the streaming content stuff. The DirecTV 753s will remain.

DL also charges to access premium content on their aircraft equipped with seatback screens.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
what specific airframe number has no E+???? All 757-300's are recorded as have E+.

still incorrect -- your link is bad but check the other provided links. or Boeing 757-300 (753)
You might be right though the seating chart does not bear you out and the number of E+ is too high. On my rebooked flight only a couple of exit row seats are available in E+. It is not a nice airplane to ride in based on my recent experience. It has like 42 rows and feels like a sardine can. No wonder the crew is miserable. I have not run into a convert FA yet. How many are there?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:56 pm

You might be right though the seating chart does not bear you out and the number of E+ is too high. On my rebooked flight only a couple of exit row seats are available in E+. It is not a nice airplane to ride in based on my recent experience. It has like 42 rows and feels like a sardine can. No wonder the crew is miserable. I have not run into a convert FA yet. How many are there?
119 sUA FAs crossed over to the sCO side in 2012.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
Only the 753s with the overhead screens are getting the screens removed and replaced with the streaming content stuff. The DirecTV 753s will remain.
So much for that AWESOME CO driven consistency!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.