Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UAL.com change: Upgrade requested vs. confirmed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL.com change: Upgrade requested vs. confirmed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by hobo13
Yes Jeff, this is a change I like. When you said that, though, I didn't realize the only changes you were thinking I'd like would be the ones that reversed the changes I hated.

So it took them 6 months to dust off some .bomb code?

Well, I guess I shouldn't make it sound so easy. They did have to make it work with SHARES, LOL.
And it is still not completely working yet. Some of us are still beta testing for them. LOL!
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:42 pm

Programs: Ex. Somebody, now a disloyal Nobody
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Some of the PS flights are no longer PS. They are 2 cabin sCO 757's w 16 lie flat C seats. Perhaps you are on one of those flights as it would be CPU eligible. The 6am JFK-LAX is now a 2 cabin sCO flight so I bet it's CPU eligible. I'm sure sometime soon UA will figure this out & take the availability away
No, it still showing the old 3-cabin config. AFAIK, even the 2-cabin "PS" flights are still not CPU eligible. I have not heard of anyone getting CPU on this route.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Site looks good but doesn't work. I just booked a W fare to Asia and redeemed GPUs to upgrade and it took me to the seat selection and didn't let me pick seats. It took the GPUs and left the reservation still in economy. Luckily I opened a copy of the processed upgrade and sent the page to myself so I have some kind of proof. Back to the phone tomorrow I guess.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 1:53 am

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
whatever. useless info as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for posting though! Doesn't look like it's working on the site, or maybe still beta or something.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 4:11 am

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Aren't MileagePlus Explorer Card holders on award tickets supposed to be CPU eligible? If so, this is not showing on one of my reservations...
It shows correctly for me as a GS with the old CO club card.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 4:33 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Kool CPU eligible flight now shows as such
Now this issue is fixed, why not fixup the exorbitant EQM prices for status members??
Mine went up from 8cpm a few weeks ago to 11cpm now - Im gonna make
1K anyway but it would be nice if it were sooner rather than later
Seems like IMHO United is starting to become what we were used to and expected per-merger - I did fly from AU to JFK on conversion weekend in March and some mileage runs JFK-LAXvv which were total botchups when things went mechanical(mind you at least United go mechanical - I'd rather they kick us off an aircraft cf QF fly on regardless and later cover up whatever event/accident happended -QF are in the habit off doing this)
Mid June RWT LH/LX ticket via USA to/from EU/Israel using United from AU to USA and UA JFK-SFO-LAX-SYD-MEL things getting better
Looking forward to my NYC mileage run from AU this November and a few SFO daytrips from JFK to pileup the EQM -should be even better , normal again - Ive never not received a CPU nor have i had a Regional or MUA not clear - so GO UNITED AND GO STAR ALLIANCE!!!! lets all stop bagging United - they do actually need to make a profit or do something and not go under - I lost a few hundred thousand miles when ANSETT AU went under and we lost a vital Star carrier within AU which was immensely better than QF and Virgin AU - in the USA I sure dont wanna start flying AA or Delta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Glad to see this was brought to the live site.

However, I accepted a schedule change this morning back from BKK. Both of my domestic segments (SEA-ORD, ORD-CVG) did have the up arrow on the preview site, but after accepting the change, it came off of the SEA-ORD segment. That segment also had an aircraft/flight number change (Went from PMUA to PMCO). Seat maps not available for all my flights home - agent thinks this might have to do with the seat map issue that they are apparently still having. Will have to deal with it if the arrow still doesn't show and I can get the seat maps working again.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, AA-Gold, Hyatt-LIfeTime Diamond
?? Can Z fare upgrade to Global First using GPU? Intra Asia with complimentary UG??

When I click my NRT-TPE (UA metal), I am seeing:

"Eligible for Complimentary Premier Upgrade

You are eligible for a space available complimentary upgrade to United Global First on this flight, starting 96 hours before departure. When available, these upgrades are cleared automatically and in priority order."

When I click for more detail, it listed all the flights and it seems I can select GPU for SFO-NRT into first...

Toronto, ON Canada (YYZ) to Taipei, Taiwan (TPE)

30,000 miles + $600 per person OR Select Global Premier Upgrade

YYZ to SFO | 5 hr 39 mn| Airbus A320| United Business/Breakfast| No Front Cabin Available
SFO to NRT | 10 hr 58 mn| Boeing 747-400| United Global First/Lunch| 3 Seats Available (View Seats)
NRT to TPE | 3 hr 35 mn| Boeing 777-200| United Global First/Dinner| 2 Seats Available (View Seats)

If these are the new changes.....I like what I see!
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, AA-Gold, Hyatt-LIfeTime Diamond
Nevermind...

Once I click using GPU for YYZ-SFO-NRT-TPE, only NRT-TPE shows confirmed upgrade to Global First and everything else remain BusinessFirst. Since this is not a good use for GPU, I cancelled the request.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by channa
So what does the Upgrade Arrow mean? Does it mean you're really in contention for an upgrade and all is well, or does it mean you're an Elite so it put an arrow there?
No idea. But everyone here was whining that they wanted to see some sort of mark there and now y'all got it.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
No a lot of us were requesting something that would show that we were actually in the processing for the upgrade. With the old UA site there was an indication that you were eligible for CPU before your window but then at the window if you did not get the upgrade there was a clear change of state to indicate that you were now waiting for the actual upgrade. While those indicators could have been just eye candy also we had a pretty long track record that indicated that they actually reflected PNR status. That is why with the new site I, at least, would prefer an indicator that said explicitly that the record had been processed in a sweep but that no upgrade was yet available. That would at least seem to be an affirmative indicator that the record state was correct and that the failure to get the upgrade was due to lact of availabilty rather than to broken sweep processing. If they did that, and in expert mode also indicated that the sweep had aborted due to a higher priority record in a stuck (non-sync'd) state then at least we'd be able to call in to have them go fix whatever records were stopping the scan. As it is now, it really does seem (as Channa has hypothesized) that if the sweep breaks the other UA systems that handle selling upgrades only see upgrade availability with no apparent requests to clear and upgrade and do their thing trying to sell the apparently unused and unwanted first class space at whatever price they can get (a reasonable thing to do if it really were the case that all requests had been satisifed and there were still seats).
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sbm12
No idea. But everyone here was whining that they wanted to see some sort of mark there and now y'all got it.
I don't think we wanted a mark put on our reservation.
We want some form of transparency in the entire upgrade system which is the cornerstone of the frequent flyer program at both CO and UA.
If the new UA wants to change that cornerstone and make it something else, so be it but tell me ahead of time and don't pretend the system is working honky dory.
I really like flying UA and have continued doing it but as a frequent flyer I have the right to complain when I think one of my favorite companies is doing something wrong.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by keisari
I don't think we wanted a mark put on our reservation.
We want some form of transparency in the entire upgrade system which is the cornerstone of the frequent flyer program at both CO and UA.
Originally Posted by pdx1M
No a lot of us were requesting something that would show that we were actually in the processing for the upgrade.
And most of it I read as people just wanting the old system back regardless of what that meant. Particularly the part where inside the window any waitlisted upgrade would clear as inventory opened. The system is different now. Changing the way the reservation displays in your account won't affect that.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
And most of it I read as people just wanting the old system back regardless of what that meant. ...
Disagree on what people were requesting, given the number of folks not seeing themselves on the on-line waitlist and the confusion as to if they are or are not on the waitlist either before or at gate, the request have been to have some positive indication that you will be waitlisted (PMUA pending) and are actually on the waitlist (PMUA waitlisted).

All of this is driven by system reliable issues and a simple indication that this is a CPU eligible flight (if that is what is being reported) (and perhaps the time window has been entered??) is insufficient and not what was requested.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Disagree on what people were requesting, given the number of folks not seeing themselves on the on-line waitlist and the confusion as to if they are or are not on the waitlist either before or at gate, the request have been to have some positive indication that you will be waitlisted (PMUA pending) and are actually on the waitlist (PMUA waitlisted).
I agree that there are people not seeing themselves on the list. But many of them haven't checked in and don't understand that it is a different list than what CPUs run on. For the instrument-supported the indication was already there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.