Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Can't log into UA site (site back up @ ~1:08pm CST 7/17/12)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't log into UA site (site back up @ ~1:08pm CST 7/17/12)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Jorgen
Well that was a fun and exciting 90 minutes.

Back to work, everybody!
Yup and yup but <sigh> as here i thought the blue screen of death was going away and we were getting the bomb back
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Cargojon
Hi Everyone, over the weekend, we discovered a united.com programming error that allowed customers to actually use the website. We have since corrected the error. Customers will be given the choice to book with another airline, or wait until the website error resurfaces, rendering it functional again. We regret any inconvenience this has caused you, and appreciate your understanding.
LOL!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:46 pm

1. Award booking from/to HKG is no problem on .bomb
2. Phantom LH F award is still (NH tool shows no seat on the same flight) there.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by bosbjg
And now its up ... but still no update on the Global Entry benefit, just the old "Starting later in June, there will be an automated process ..."

Well now we are well into July and it hasn't been updated. Perhaps they will bring ua.com down again to update this ;-)
UA Insider said 7/20 in the main thread. I am not holding my breath. (Not that I don't believe the Insider, I just don't believe UA.)
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Holy crap. I was logging in for the 13th time today to re-check my mileage balance and verify it with the spreadsheet that I use. I haven't flown United in a few weeks but I guess you never can be too careful, right? I was worried sick that UA was closing the Mileage Plus program due to the recent US-China mispricing but am glad to hear the website is up and running again.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:00 pm

Ugh. After the 'issue' I lost my seat assignment that I chose this morning for an exit row. Of course its no longer available. Thanks United!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Not on my end either. And I still have 2 different RDM balances, depending on where I check. And their math is still not accurate on the view all activity table.
Same here, recent account activity is 15K (MoM clawback) higher than summary.

Also, breaking news! MileagePlus® is now the single loyalty program for the new United
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Also, breaking news! MileagePlus® is now the single loyalty program for the new United
I hate! that dumb yellow text box! and wish! it would go away! permanently!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by FLYDCA
The maintenance they were running just now fixed the mismatched mileage balance caused by the Map of Dreams claw-back.
It hasn't fixed the mismatched mileage for me. My account summary screen still shows a number 15K lower than what comes up if I pull up the MP activity page.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Should have posted earlier

Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), Accor (Diamond), Hilton Honors (Diamond), Marriott (Gold), Hyatt (Discoverist)
Price insanity

Flight advertises for $180 or so. Go to actually book and the price shoots up to $900.

I thought the Y2K bugs were worked out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8az6m8qgYeI
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
LH Confirmation Numbers

Just checked two different reservations on LH booked through United and it appears that the site maintenance made it possible to see the PNR for LH now. One reservation was only showing a US PNR (in addition to the UA one) before today.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I hate! that dumb yellow text box! and wish! it would go away! permanently!
I wouldn't mind it if it merely had a "dismiss" link that would work. Though such an option didn't come around until about 2007 on most websites.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
upgrade list now shows on the main united site. It was one of the features on the preview site
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:07 pm

Site was down here in SIN as well, but came up again about 45 minutes ago. Don't see any changes, at least not yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.