Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Global First Lounge (IFL / GFL) Access Questions and Experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
:-: United's Global First Lounges located at LHR, JFK, ORD, SFO, HKG and NRT are for the exclusive use of passengers traveling in United's Global First or in International First Class on a Star Alliance member aircraft with more than two classes of service departing that day from that airport.

:-: United's Global First Lounge located at IAD is for the exclusive use of passengers traveling in United's Global First. See
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20895856-post36.html for documentation of the exclusion of non-UA F pax from the IAD GFL.
10/31/2013
This has now been confirmed to be false and an incorrect denial by the IAD GFL staff per UA Insider - see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21700252-post535.html

Passengers must be holding a same day ticket for flights departing to/from a Trans Atlantic, Trans Pacific, Southern South America, Africa or a Middle East destination. Passengers connecting to/from other United/United Express flights will be admitted as long as the above requirements are met.

Global Services members can also use Global First Lounges when traveling in BusinessFirst or p.s. (JFK-LAX/SFO) BusinessFirst cabin.

A GS who arrives in BF or GF will be admitted to the GFL. A pax who arrives in GF (Global First - UA operated flight 3-class aircraft) will be admitted to the GFL. A GS or pax who arrives on other metal will not be admitted on that basis.

from United Global First and Arrivals lounges
United Global FirstSM Lounge

The United Global First Lounge is an oasis of service and privacy. Tailored to the needs of United Global First customers on long-haul international flights*, we offer personalized services, complimentary hors d'oeuvres and premium beverages.
Access policy

The following customers may access the United Global First lounge by showing their United boarding pass for a flight arriving or departing on a same-day (within 24 hours) itinerary.

United Global First customers traveling on long-haul international flights*
Star Alliance™ First customers departing on international flights

These eligible United Global First Lounge visitors are allowed one adult or child to accompany them as a guest.

*Long-haul international flights are between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East or South America.
Print Wikipost

Global First Lounge (IFL / GFL) Access Questions and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
If you don't know something or never been there, I suggest you try to find that out before you make an incorrect assumption.

I have used the UA SFO IFL showers since 10 years ago when I flew SQ F SFO-HKG ! (when it was still using a 744 !) Do you want me to post a selfie photo that I took inside the shower room when I wore the bathrobe with the UA tulip on it as a prove ?

My very last time in the SFO IFL showers was flying PS F two year ago ! And they were still handing out those Murad shower kit ! I grabbed an extra one for my collection !

Also, you are incorrect with admittance rules of Arrivals by United. The rules are always as long as you are arriving UA metal international 3 class, doesn't matter paid F, upgraded F, award F, but also paid C, and award C.
Back then PMUA also had a card called Ameniti (do a search on PMUA forum you will know), where with the card you could pay $50 to get in to any Arrivals, but we got the card mainly for the generous amount of miles given.
Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.. Been through SFO many times in BF (as GS) and F in 3 class and was always under impression that the only showers were in arrivals lounge. I'll take your word for it....no need to post the selfie.

Interestingly, I just called GS desk and they assured me that the only showers at SFO are in the Arrivals Lounge. Also Web site is incorrect http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...s/default.aspx. Look for the shower Icon.

Thanks for correcting.

The only UA IFL without the showers are LAX and IAD !

Where are the showers at JFK IFL?

Last edited by LAXOGG; Jun 28, 2014 at 12:34 am
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by LAXOGG

Interestingly, I just called GS desk and they assured me that the only showers at SFO are in the Arrivals Lounge. Also Web site is incorrect http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...s/default.aspx.

Where are the showers at JFK IFL?
The GS desk probably read off what it said on the website, and probably is a new hire or from sCO.

I forgot about JFK, my bad, edited my post, didn't even remember there is a IFL in JFK.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jun 28, 2014 at 12:33 am
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:41 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
My very last time in the SFO IFL showers was flying PS F two year ago !
There are still showers there....
Old Jun 28, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by 747FC
As I said....there are showers at SFO GFL
Old Jun 28, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by zoegksf
Quote:

Originally Posted by 747FC

As I said....there are showers at SFO GFL
+1
Old Jun 28, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: United Global Services 3MM, Marriott Ambassador, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry/NEXUS
Just went through the new Terminal 2 at LHR this morning. The United Global First Lounge is a legitimate 20 minute hike from check-in. It's located across from B34 in the United Club behind the entrance. Full bar and restaurant with custom order dishes, tons of space and electrical plugs everywhere. Massive upgrade, well done!
Old Jun 29, 2014, 1:54 am

Programs: United GS, AA, SWA, Delta
Loving the new GFL @ LHR T2. AlaCart menu is great.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:44 am

Yes marathon walk to United gates at T2

I feel very sorry for older or disabled travelers having to do the 20 minute + walk to the UA lounges and gates at T2 LHR. Is even longer for those who arrive at the airport on the Heathrow Express. When the terminal goes to being fully operaitonal it will be interesting to see how speedy the security checkpoint will be. otherwise program an extra 30 minutes into your time budget for T2 star alliance B gate airlines....
The UA lounges are excellent relative to United domestic club offerings but a little sub-par with Asian/ ME carrier offerings.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:45 pm

On my last visit to SFO GFL, there was a tray with many prepackaged cold beef noodle. The tray was next to a huge soup pot which seems to be soup for the noodle. Anyway, I tried the cold noodle by itself and it was quite good.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
This isn't an access question, exactly, but... how does the GFL at NRT (which I've been to) compare to the NH C lounge (which I've never been to) in the way of comfort, food, etc.?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by AlreadyThere
This isn't an access question, exactly, but... how does the GFL at NRT (which I've been to) compare to the NH C lounge (which I've never been to) in the way of comfort, food, etc.?
You meant NH F lounge right ? As if you have access to UA IFL, why wouldn't you go to NH F lounge ?

Unless you can access UA IFL base on your GS status is what you mean ? But you are actually flying C instead of F ?

If you are going there in the afternoon, you definitely want to avoid NH C lounge by gate 40s, as it is just as packed as UA RCC, I would suggest to walk a little further to the NH C lounge at gate 50s.

Not sure what "comfort" you are talking about ? It is just chairs, no fancy lumbar room like LH FCL, the only "fancy" part is just the cook-to-order udon / soba, curry rice station, also have some sushi, bread rolls, mini sandwhiches, salad, soup, and two hot dish.

Also to mention, the showers rooms there only have one time use shampoo/conditioner/shower get "packets", no dispenser or bottles or shower kits.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 12:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

Not sure what "comfort" you are talking about ? It is just chairs, no fancy lumbar room like LH FCL, the only "fancy" part is just the cook-to-order udon / soba, curry rice station, also have some sushi, bread rolls, mini sandwhiches, salad, soup, and two hot dish.

Also to mention, the showers rooms there only have one time use shampoo/conditioner/shower get "packets", no dispenser or bottles or shower kits.
I really like the udon at the NH noodle bar.

The toiletries are Shiseido, so it's not all bad.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 12:08 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Kacee
I really like the udon at the NH noodle bar.

The toiletries are Shiseido, so it's not all bad.
F pax receive bottled toiletries, also from Shiseido which are quite nice.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 2:39 am
RJ1

If flying UA GF from SFO to PEK, can one access the Air China First Class Lounge upon arrival in Bejing?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 3:11 am

Programs: UA 1K
Did you aware they have a cook-to-order menus just like the next door TG F lounge ?
I tried ordering the dim sum from the HKG IFL menu and 20 minutes later I got a pork bun and four siu mai.

There were also siu mai available at the buffet (I think the same siu mai) so it was basically like asking them to cook a single pork bun, made to order. Pretty silly!

That was a nice IFL, although there was other food that's only in the HKG United Club (make your own taco, samosas) that UA didn't tell us to try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.