Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"This is not a Boarding Pass" - What is required for international online checkin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"This is not a Boarding Pass" - What is required for international online checkin?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Originally Posted by mathgeek1978
One possibility: If you are traveling to a country that requires a visa, then the agent at the airport will need to physically verify your visa.
Nada - SIN, connecting in NRT. No visas.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Could it be you got SSSS (i.e. you're up for extra security?) It won't let you print boarding passes then either.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Priority Platinum, Marriot Gold, Delta Platinum
For some reason I did online check (SJO-DTW) in via the mobile app and the process included for me to submit more information and choose from more options. After i was done i asked to send my BP to my email which I "knew" it was going to show the "This is not a boarding pass" like every other time I check in for a flight to USA, however this time it did the check in completely!

Hope this is a new change that I definitely like!
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:08 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by SJOFlyer
however this time it did the check in completely!

Hope this is a new change that I definitely like!
Sounds like a one off to me

For first time in four years I was able to check in for int'l flight to Japan ^

Guess that was my one off.

Return to US, not so much

EmailKid
Old Apr 20, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
This people have no clue what they are doing. Their system has FirstNameMiddleName as opposed to FirstName MiddleName.

As a result my passport name does not match and would not allow me OLCI (Normally, I only book FirstName and no MiddleName but this time a travel agent booked it to match passport).

I spoke with a few people on the phone and they said ....wait for it...I am sure we are aware of what our system does and does not do and it must be by design!!!!!!!

Really, how stupid can these things get?

All you CO apologists, bring it on. This is not how you run a business. You know there is an issue that creates problem for your customer you fix the stupid thing.

UAInsider please show up and try to fix / help.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 10:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by denuaflier
.... As a result my passport name does not match and would not allow me OLCI (Normally, I only book FirstName and no MiddleName but this time a travel agent booked it to match passport). ...
Why do you this is due to the name issue and not just the standard passport issue ?
Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Because I flew last week to Europe with same passport without MiddleName in the ticket and no problem with OLCI. My passport has been scanned by their kiosk less than a month ago. It is their system.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:40 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Because I flew last week to Europe with same passport without MiddleName in the ticket and no problem with OLCI. My passport has been scanned by their kiosk less than a month ago. It is their system.
Many have reported similar issues without any name issues with previously validated passports. It is their system, yes -- and there are multiple situations that prevents the OLCI for international travel. It may have been the name issue, it may have been a visa issue, it may have been need to re-validated (including previous validated) passport, ..... Lots of potential system failings.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was able to OLCI for an international itinerary in April and it had been almost a year since my last international trip. Only thing was it would not give me my intra Europe SAS BP's. Had to get those in Amsterdam.
Old May 9, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plt, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, GE
So when this happens (this is not a boarding pass) at OLCI, am I really checked in or not?

This is my first time to get victimized. I suppose it has to do with the visa to get into Brazil.
Old May 17, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA GS
I just have this happening to me right now and I travel internationally every week. I hate their IT.
Old May 17, 2013, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
me too, It worked just fine (same onepass #)/trusted traveler ID as 2 weeks ago when I didn't have issues.
Old May 28, 2013, 4:44 pm

This just happened to me today.

Get this. I'm Canadian. When I do inter-US flights, United does things fine with me for SecureFlight. I get three beeps regularly, with both Nexus and GlobalEntry and my Trusted Traveller ID on the file working fine.

But 5th flight from Canada to US -- no boarding pass for you! (like Seinfeld, right?)

And so tomorrow will likely be SSSS for the 5th freakin' time in a row, or some idiot at the UA counter saying, "oh, sorry, our IT folks are idiots."

Idiots. Their IT team are just simple idiots.

Sigh.
Old May 28, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
This people have no clue what they are doing. Their system has FirstNameMiddleName as opposed to FirstName MiddleName.

As a result my passport name does not match and would not allow me OLCI (Normally, I only book FirstName and no MiddleName but this time a travel agent booked it to match passport).

I spoke with a few people on the phone and they said ....wait for it...I am sure we are aware of what our system does and does not do and it must be by design!!!!!!!

Really, how stupid can these things get?

All you CO apologists, bring it on. This is not how you run a business. You know there is an issue that creates problem for your customer you fix the stupid thing.

UAInsider please show up and try to fix / help.
In regards to the FirstMiddle thing, this was a big problem for me on my only international trip. I haven't flown internationally since, and won't until December, but I shouldn't have to worry about this when I'm booking a flight.
Old May 29, 2013, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
This just happened to me today.

Get this. I'm Canadian. When I do inter-US flights, United does things fine with me for SecureFlight. I get three beeps regularly, with both Nexus and GlobalEntry and my Trusted Traveller ID on the file working fine.

But 5th flight from Canada to US -- no boarding pass for you! (like Seinfeld, right?)

And so tomorrow will likely be SSSS for the 5th freakin' time in a row, or some idiot at the UA counter saying, "oh, sorry, our IT folks are idiots."

Idiots. Their IT team are just simple idiots.

Sigh.
Well, this is now just getting silly. It was SSSS, 5th 'random' time in a row, for Canada to US flights. Meanwhile, intra-US flights get me SecureFlight fine.

Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.