Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Thank You for Flying United, Operated by Continental Flight and Cabin Crew?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You for Flying United, Operated by Continental Flight and Cabin Crew?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
Didn't notice any announcements, but had the pleasure of sitting at the gate at ORD, waiting for pushback during last Thurs 3 hour hailstorm extravaganza. PMCO crew, on I believe, a PMCO ORD-MCO route. Crew made some asinine PA announcement about someone celebrating her 20th birthday; (clearly not one of the crew.) Some feckless pax enquired about Channel 9 and lead FA claimed to never have heard of "a system that lets pax listen in on cockpit comms."
Best part? One luke warm PD beer in FC during a 3 hour deprture delay.

Still not ready to try US again.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:53 am

IAH - LAS 5/4, flight 1489.... All sorts of talk both from the flight deck and the FAs about the flight being operated by "a continental crew, continental FAs, etc". I think it is inconsistent with the culture message management is promoting. Also, the service was abysmal so nothing to be proud of there.
Old May 12, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I'm an Ex-Con

That was what a FA told me recently on a flight.

At first I thought geez guess they hire all sorts here until the FA explained that they all had badges and bag tags etc.... with Ex Con on them to make a statment.

Has anyone come across this?

I thought it was funny as could be and was wondering if they had them for sale? They must as one person in the United Club in LAX is sporting one.

Has anyone else come across other tell tale signs of which former crew was operating the equipment?

Cheers
Old May 12, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by DocTravel
yes:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...bracelets.html
Has anyone else come across other tell tale signs of which former crew was operating the equipment?
and yes (one example):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...abin-crew.html
Old May 12, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
I had a CO crew yesterday from IAH-LGA who said this and you know what????? SO WHAT!!!! They were a GREAT Crew and it was not said in spite. It was said w pride. I'm a PMUA customer and can't really stand CO so don't think ima CO apologist. I'm not. But why are we sweating the small stuff. The 2 crews are still separate, still being treated as from 2 different companies so as long as they do there jobs and don't trash UA, I have no problem with them telling us where they come from. This complaint strikes me as about as important as the fact we were being credited w 6 yes 6 fewer miles between LAX-JFK after the merger (they fixed it thank a god cuz I didn't sleep that whole week
Old May 12, 2012, 5:21 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
That was what a FA told me recently on a flight.

At first I thought geez guess they hire all sorts here until the FA explained that they all had badges and bag tags etc.... with Ex Con on them to make a statment.

I thought it was funny as could be and was wondering if they had them for sale? They must as one person in the United Club in LAX is sporting one.

Cheers
You can buy one here --

http://www.flightattendantshop.com/p...log.cfm/nid/10

Had the same BS on my TLV-EWR flight last week and also from EWR-MCO

The FA's did not appreciate me booing during the the SMI/J plane painting demonstration. Especially when I said "atta boy Jeff paint those planes"
Old May 12, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: AC, UN,Priority,Marriott,Hyatt, National exec
Heard the same thing before departure and when we landed 2 weeks ago on a flight from LAS-DEN. Lady across from me was a UA Flight Attendant an she made the comment that these CO people need to get over it or leave, She mentioned a lot of the UA crews find it irritating. I just think it's dumb but as long as the plane , me and my luggage all land in the same city at the same time I dont care what which crew is flying which metal
Old May 13, 2012, 11:02 am

Be professional

With any merger there are going to be people who are frustrated. However, this is one airline, not two. And to have the flight crew (flight attendants and pilots) identifiy the crew as "Continental" (I've only heard this from the "Continental side") is divisive, immature, and unprofessional.
Old May 13, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Got that announcement at the end of ewr-pbi and the beginning of pbi to iah and iah-sfo. Seems passive aggressive to me.
Old May 13, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: 1K on UA, Platinum on CO
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I had a CO crew yesterday from IAH-LGA who said this and you know what????? SO WHAT!!!! They were a GREAT Crew and it was not said in spite. It was said w pride. I'm a PMUA customer and can't really stand CO so don't think ima CO apologist. I'm not. But why are we sweating the small stuff. The 2 crews are still separate, still being treated as from 2 different companies so as long as they do there jobs and don't trash UA, I have no problem with them telling us where they come from. This complaint strikes me as about as important as the fact we were being credited w 6 yes 6 fewer miles between LAX-JFK after the merger (they fixed it thank a god cuz I didn't sleep that whole week
I don't mind this if PMUA crews can say -

"This flight was served by the REAL UNITED - Sorry you had to do business with COduaUA - who took away much of the brand that was UNITED!"
Old May 13, 2012, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMCO
You can buy one here --

http://www.flightattendantshop.com/p...log.cfm/nid/10

Had the same BS on my TLV-EWR flight last week and also from EWR-MCO

The FA's did not appreciate me booing during the the SMI/J plane painting demonstration. Especially when I said "atta boy Jeff paint those planes"
Good I'm glad they called you out making childish remarks. If i was on that flight, I would've done the same thing.
Old May 13, 2012, 2:15 pm

These announcements are getting childish and silly. I've heard sUA FAs/pilots making these ridiculous "This is real UA flight blah blah blah" just like i've heard sCO FAs saying "CO Crew" etc etc etc. For the record our work groups our still separate. The only sUA FAs working sCO aircraft are the 119 sUA FAs that crossed over to the sCO side. I'm sCO and when I make announcements i always welcome passengers on board United Flight xxx to yyy and so forth. I do say over the PA where we are based, but I don't say anything about being a sCO FA on a sCO aircraft, and so forth. To me the FAs/pilots on both sides making those announcements just are making them selves look stupid.

Originally Posted by Brasila
I have only heard it from COdbaUA crews too. I think CO people like to stir the pot (as witnessed on these boards) and pretend that some how they provide superior service but in reality they are way sub par for the airline industry.

I've heard it form both sides. In fact flew IAH-SEA last week on a sUA aircraft and the FA upon her arrival announcement made the childish announcement about being a Real UA FA on a real UA aircraft based in a real UA city.

Last edited by iluv2fly; May 13, 2012 at 2:41 pm Reason: merge
Old May 13, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by Dr_Adventure
I don't mind this if PMUA crews can say -

"This flight was served by the REAL UNITED - Sorry you had to do business with COduaUA - who took away much of the brand that was UNITED!"
And some UA crews are doing this TOO!!!! If your point is CO crews are unprofessional while UA crews are not, then your WRONG. They BOTH are doing it and will be for as long as they are still operated by separate crews

Once again, this is the fault of BOTH the rank and file AND mgmnt. It's rank and files fault for doing it and mgmnts fault for ALLOWING IT!!! If mgmnt wanted, they could STOP this right away. Very simple, if you DEVIATE from the standard p.a. Announcement, then you are suspended without pay. Do it twice and find a new job
Old May 13, 2012, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
These announcements are getting childish and silly. I've heard sUA FAs/pilots making these ridiculous "This is real UA flight blah blah blah" just like i've heard sCO FAs saying "CO Crew" etc etc etc. For the record our work groups our still separate. The only sUA FAs working sCO aircraft are the 119 sUA FAs that crossed over to the sCO side. I'm sCO and when I make announcements i always welcome passengers on board United Flight xxx to yyy and so forth. I do say over the PA where we are based, but I don't say anything about being a sCO FA on a sCO aircraft, and so forth. To me the FAs/pilots on both sides making those announcements just are making them selves look stupid.

I've heard it form both sides. In fact flew IAH-SEA last week on a sUA aircraft and the FA upon her arrival announcement made the childish announcement about being a Real UA FA on a real UA aircraft based in a real UA city.
Whatever. Lots of real things to get worked up about than this silly thing. Outside of FT, these announcements mean nothing to passengers or the crew.

AD
Old May 13, 2012, 5:30 pm

I've heard this on my flights from ewr-Fll. The CO crew have always made my flights a lot of fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.