Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Thank You for Flying United, Operated by Continental Flight and Cabin Crew?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You for Flying United, Operated by Continental Flight and Cabin Crew?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: 1K on UA, Platinum on CO
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
And some UA crews are doing this TOO!!!! If your point is CO crews are unprofessional while UA crews are not, then your WRONG. They BOTH are doing it and will be for as long as they are still operated by separate crews

Once again, this is the fault of BOTH the rank and file AND mgmnt. It's rank and files fault for doing it and mgmnts fault for ALLOWING IT!!! If mgmnt wanted, they could STOP this right away. Very simple, if you DEVIATE from the standard p.a. Announcement, then you are suspended without pay. Do it twice and find a new job
The problem is the management SUCKS - and the employees feel like they have no voice - they are entering into difficult contract negotiations. I have not seen this from UA - and the thread does not seem to hold out it happening systematically by UA folks.
Old May 13, 2012, 11:21 pm

Continental + United = Con U

Flight from LAX to HNL yesterday, upgraded to first, flight attendant advises only one bottle of champagne on board so I can't have a refill. Goes on to say, "This is Continental running United, or as we call it, Con U".

Hadn't heard that one before ...

Last edited by DrDeep; May 13, 2012 at 11:22 pm Reason: Spelling
Old May 13, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
Maybe this will be their next advertising slogan...

Maybe they can use "Con U" in their next advertising program. I know: "Con U Dig it?" It's been done before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECpu3KV4Ngg

Well, Cyrus actually said "Can You Dig It?" But I am sure UA can hire a voiceover artist......
Old May 13, 2012, 11:36 pm

Programs: EK PLAT 2022-2023, UAplat soon to be LH senator!
DR DEEP....what flight were you on???
Old May 13, 2012, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by cosflyer
DR DEEP....what flight were you on???
OP, unless you think the FA deserves to get into trouble, may I suggest that you respond to this question in a PM to cosflyer?
Old May 14, 2012, 5:14 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by Dr_Adventure
The problem is the management SUCKS - and the employees feel like they have no voice - they are entering into difficult contract negotiations. I have not seen this from UA - and the thread does not seem to hold out it happening systematically by UA folks.
It's more common w CO crews but I HAVE heard UA crews do there own version as well. As I mentioned on an earlier post, as long as they are not rude it does not bother me. I had a GREAT CO crew the other day and when we landed they said "Thanks for flying United operated by a IAH based CO crew. I would rather have them say this and give good service then say nothing and have the service suck
Old May 14, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Platinum,
It could also be "U Cons" when the eff up your travel...
Old May 14, 2012, 7:12 am

I had a GREAT CO crew the other day and when we landed they said "Thanks for flying United operated by a IAH based CO crew. I would rather have them say this and give good service then say nothing and have the service suck
Agree. But normally they make the announcement and the service sucks.
Old May 14, 2012, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
I've heard it twice now, on the same day from AUS > EWR and from EWR > BOS. The FA on the EWR > BOS flight actually said "You are on CONTINENTAL xxx" with a huge smirk.

Hey, on the plus side - chatter her up "Are you all a Continental crew? " and got doubles on all my drinks in F ^^

Cheers,
Adam
Old May 14, 2012, 8:44 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
It's because you were on a PMCO plane.

PMCO crews can work PMUA routes, but only on PMCO planes, and vice-versa.
Actually, if a PMUA FA chooses to do the cross-over program, they can switch over to work on PMCO planes. However, they cannot return to PMUA until the 2 crews are integrated.
Old May 14, 2012, 8:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
Originally Posted by username
Heard it from the pilot at the end of my flight on Friday. Have others encountered this?

I wonder if there is some kind of movement by the cockpit crews to do this. It does not seem too good when they want to make a single customer-facing brand.
Really? CON U? ... does that even mean?

Someone should have a flip or a cell phone video going when they announce this -- Record it, submit it to Jeff and say these employees aren't properly representing UNITED AIRLINES.
Old May 14, 2012, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Actually, if a PMUA FA chooses to do the cross-over program, they can switch over to work on PMCO planes. However, they cannot return to PMUA until the 2 crews are integrated.
119 sUA FAs have crossed over to the sCO side. Interesting enough is the most senior sUA cross over FA who has a 35 year seniority with sUA is making more money being a reserve at sCO, then she would be making at sUA being a line holder.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: United 1K
As funny as some of these are, and I have heard them from both sides, the pilot on my sUA flight last week, said "Hi...Capt. XXX from the flight deck, on behalf of the ALPA, thanks for flying with us today." No mention of pmUA or pmCO.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by jackk
Agree. But normally they make the announcement and the service sucks.
IMHO UA was a better airline as they treated there Elites well and had great CS people. The operative word here is WAS. On the other hand I didn't like CO as there policies sucked and rude CS but ON BOARD, I've had much better f/a s w CO then UA. CO's crews are younger, more enthusiastic and the service is just generally better. (except Newark crews of course . It's funny how we forget now how many problems we had w UA. MEMORY IS A FUNNY THING
Old May 14, 2012, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
IMHO UA was a better airline as they treated there Elites well and had great CS people. The operative word here is WAS. On the other hand I didn't like CO as there policies sucked and rude CS but ON BOARD, I've had much better f/a s w CO then UA. CO's crews are younger, more enthusiastic and the service is just generally better. (except Newark crews of course . It's funny how we forget now how many problems we had w UA. MEMORY IS A FUNNY THING
That's like HALF the airline of PMCO -- Sourpuss EWR staff.

I hear IAH and CLE were/are always better than EWR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.