Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Thank You for Flying United, Operated by Continental Flight and Cabin Crew?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You for Flying United, Operated by Continental Flight and Cabin Crew?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Question Thank You for Flying United, Operated by Continental Flight and Cabin Crew?

Heard it from the pilot at the end of my flight on Friday. Have others encountered this?

I wonder if there is some kind of movement by the cockpit crews to do this. It does not seem too good when they want to make a single customer-facing brand.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:54 am
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Originally Posted by username
Heard it from the pilot at the end of my flight on Friday. Have others encountered this?

I wonder if there is some kind of movement by the cockpit crews to do this. It does not seem too good when they want to make a single customer-facing brand.
I heard it twice on IAH-MIA on April 4 and thought it was inappropriate (and perhaps confusing for some of the passengers). Otherwise, it was a good flight.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 1:01 am

Programs: UA 1K
I started a thread about this a few weeks ago when I heard the same kind of announcement two flights back to back (through IAH). As a passenger I found it a little unsettling.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 3:49 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Heard the exact same announcement last week EWR - MIA.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 4:28 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Executive, Europcar Privilege Executive, Marriott Silver, Accor Platinum
I have heard this twice MUC-EWR. I am not offended by it. I see it as a group of people who are proud of where they came from.

Certainly not as strange as the FA who got on the P. A. and told us to make sure to let love into our lives. (nice sentiment, but strange to hear in the air). That was a Shuttle America ORD to IND hop.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott
Heard this both on LAX-LAS on 4/4 and LAX-EWR on 4/6.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Brasila
JS doesn't say he works for CO? It is just more CO arrogance and I for one would think that the crew is very unprofessional and a little full of themselves.

PMUA crews don't do this?

There are numerous examples of both crews on UAdbaUA saying something to signify their PM allegiance.

And IMO, it's all unprofessional, even though I understand they are upset.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
PMUA crews don't do this?

There are numerous examples of both crews on UAdbaUA saying something to signify their PM allegiance.

And IMO, it's all unprofessional, even though I understand they are upset.
Have you actually heard them say, 'thank you for flying PMUA!' Now that would make me laugh!

Look, this is most likely a far more widespread problem with legacy CO crews. I've had it several times already on PMCO routes, and not once on a PMUA route.

But keep on believing.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by hobo13
Have you actually heard them say, 'thank you for flying PMUA!' Now that would make me laugh!

Look, this is most likely a far more widespread problem with legacy CO crews. I've had it several times already on PMCO routes, and not once on a PMUA route.

But keep on believing.

When did this CO crew say "Welcome to PMCO"?

I seem to remember there was a thread a few days ago where the majority of examples of this happening was by PMUA crews. As for personally, I haven't heard anybody say something like this, and all of my crews post-merger have been extremely well.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dinoscool3

I seem to remember there was a thread a few days ago where the majority of examples of this happening was by PMUA crews.
How about a linky, kiddo?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Personally, I think it's a divisive practice, when it's time now to create a new allegiance to United.

I don't think the average customer cares if the crew is "proudly Continental" or "proudly United," just as long as they get to their destination in one piece and reasonably on time.

Also, as far as United crews doing this, it would be a little bizarre to hear "this United flight proudly operated by a United crew..."

I could just see the average kettle scratching his or her head and wondering what that means...
Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1

Also, as far as United crews doing this, it would be a little bizarre to hear "this United flight proudly operated by a United crew..."

I could just see the average kettle scratching his or her head and wondering what that means...
Precisely. But hey, why let logic get in the way of argument?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
Personally, I think it's a divisive practice, when it's time now to create a new allegiance to United.

I don't think the average customer cares if the crew is "proudly Continental" or "proudly United," just as long as they get to their destination in one piece and reasonably on time.

I've heard UA crews say "On behalf of this real United crew..." and "This legacy United crew..."

It should stop on both sides.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: 1K; HH Diamond; HGP Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Sulley
I've heard UA crews say "On behalf of this real United crew..." and "This legacy United crew..."

It should stop on both sides.
AGREE!!!

Have taken more than a dozen PMUA flights since March 3, but never heard this nonsense. Then last Tuesday took a UNITED flight ORD-EWR and heard the pilot announce how it was being flown by Continental pilots and served by Continental flight attendants, and that we were going to be arriving at gate 131 in Terminal C "as in Continental" ...

Totally juvenile. I mean, really folks, aren't we all big boys and girls here?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:37 am

99.999% of the passengers don't know what they're sniveling about and the rest could care less!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.