FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thank You for Flying United, Operated by Continental Flight and Cabin Crew?
Old May 13, 2012, 2:15 pm
JOSECONLSCREW28

These announcements are getting childish and silly. I've heard sUA FAs/pilots making these ridiculous "This is real UA flight blah blah blah" just like i've heard sCO FAs saying "CO Crew" etc etc etc. For the record our work groups our still separate. The only sUA FAs working sCO aircraft are the 119 sUA FAs that crossed over to the sCO side. I'm sCO and when I make announcements i always welcome passengers on board United Flight xxx to yyy and so forth. I do say over the PA where we are based, but I don't say anything about being a sCO FA on a sCO aircraft, and so forth. To me the FAs/pilots on both sides making those announcements just are making them selves look stupid.

Originally Posted by Brasila
I have only heard it from COdbaUA crews too. I think CO people like to stir the pot (as witnessed on these boards) and pretend that some how they provide superior service but in reality they are way sub par for the airline industry.

I've heard it form both sides. In fact flew IAH-SEA last week on a sUA aircraft and the FA upon her arrival announcement made the childish announcement about being a Real UA FA on a real UA aircraft based in a real UA city.

Last edited by iluv2fly; May 13, 2012 at 2:41 pm Reason: merge