Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Post 3-Mar-2012:How to find upgrade inventory [+how to see fare bucket availability]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post 3-Mar-2012:How to find upgrade inventory [+how to see fare bucket availability]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Here you go:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=united+airlines+swu+fare+class
Old Aug 14, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: MP Ag, former 1K
Originally Posted by joedish
For travel including (i.e. to, from, or wholly within) Region 2, a GPU may be used to upgrade from: United Business - C, D; United Economy - Y, B, E, M, U, H, Q, V, W. For travel wholly within Region 1, a GPU may also be used to upgrade from booking classes: United Economy - S, T, K, L.
What happened to G?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by sbm12
The best way to maximize chances is to waitlist for it. When the system is working properly - and it actually does some times - the upgrade inventory never shows up to the GDS so no alerts will trigger. If it isn't working properly - which also happens some times - then having the alert will allow you to call in and have the agent process the request.
Yes I've waitlisted with the swu also. The only seat reserved so far in First on the flight is for my companion. So I guess it's just a waiting game now while hoping they don't have a buyout of the first class cabin in the next few months.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoPUBoilers
W and higher for tickets booked in Economy. Any business fare other than Z in Business for 3-cabin aircraft.
Or P.
Originally Posted by davewang202
What happened to G?
It is eligible for RPUs but not GPUs.

Also, be careful when saying "international" in this context. There are many international routes with no fare restrictions for RPUs or GPUs. The proper distinction should be whether the route is marketed as GlobalFirst/BusinessFirst or not. Route which are have the fare restrictions on GPUs and cannot be upgraded with RPUs. More details direct from the company here: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...e/default.aspx.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
greasemonkey script not working

Is the greasemonkey script working on .bomb now? I don't seem to be able to see any fare bucket availability anymore.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:04 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone,

Later this evening we’ll be making a change on united.com that will remove the ability to see the specific allocation of seat inventory made to each Fare Class (this is the Fare Class hyperlink found in the right-most column when searching for flights or viewing itinerary details). I know that this is a popular feature for many of you here – in fact, we liked it too. But, it wasn’t without issues. Specifically, for many customers who are not as familiar with the ins and outs of fare structures, there was often room for this information to be misinterpreted. It also left the door open for undesired exposure that allowed automated scripts to scrape and re-display information in ways for which it was not intended.

That said, we have great appreciation for the transparency this information offered. For example, having a better understanding of how full a flight is, along with knowing how many other customers want to upgrade on a flight, can be critical in deciding whether to pay to guarantee a seat immediately, use mileage to upgrade, hold out to see if a space-available upgrade will clear or select another flight all together. We are committed to improving transparency around this. But, instead of simply exposing fare class inventory (which is quite confusing to most customers), we are working on better ways to share this more meaningful information. You’ll see one new feature added with this release and even more changes that work toward this effort in future releases.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights
United Airlines
Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vnatraj
Is the greasemonkey script working on .bomb now? I don't seem to be able to see any fare bucket availability anymore.
Nope.

I just put out a new script and revised instructions for upgrade inventory. It isn't nearly as easy or intuitive but it does work. At least from what I can tell.

Details here: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...rch-a-wee-bit/.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:15 pm

Programs: RVT 1K
EDIT: Nevermind, just found the 60 pg thread to rant about this new feature!!

Last edited by RS250Racer; Sep 9, 2012 at 7:52 pm
Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Thanks!
Old Sep 10, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat/P100, UA 1K 1MM
I'm currently waitlisted using a GPU on 12/31 UA917 FRA-IAD from Y->C. When I search for the flight and select the "Mileage Plus Upgrade Reward" button, it shows that it will book it into R, but my GPU hasn't cleared. I called and asked them to clear it manually and they said they couldn't.

Thoughts? Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance for the help.

Edit: Now it appears to be gone, but it was definitely available 15min ago when I called and was available after I hung up as well.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmbfan222
Edit: Now it appears to be gone, but it was definitely available 15min ago when I called and was available after I hung up as well.
Either someone else called in and jumped you in line or someone else was ahead of you on the waitlist and they cleared instead of you or IM removed the inventory from the flight.

There are probably other viable explanations, too, but those are three that come to mind easily.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Silver, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by dmbfan222
I called and asked them to clear it manually and they said they couldn't.
"Couldn't" as in, they didn't see the R space? OR
"Wouldn't" as in, they could see the R space, but would not perform the manual override?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat/P100, UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by cocaine
"Couldn't" as in, they didn't see the R space? OR
"Wouldn't" as in, they could see the R space, but would not perform the manual override?
Couldn't, sorry.

Thanks sbm12, I guess that may have happened here.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: United Platinum, American EXP
Thanks sbm12. i'm not sure if i can still install scripts in chrome that don't come from the chrome store (mac os 10.8.1). any workarounds?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 38,000feet
Thanks sbm12. i'm not sure if i can still install scripts in chrome that don't come from the chrome store (mac os 10.8.1). any workarounds?
Save the js file locally. Open up the Extensions management page in Chrome. Drag the file on to that page. It should install.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.