FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1318156-consolidated-ua-partner-flights-miles-not-posting-archive.html)

geofflaredo Jun 25, 2012 1:52 pm

Same situation?

Originally Posted by gobluetwo (Post 18817864)
Exactly what happened to me on Swiss last year. Thought I should receive mileage credit. Swiss claims the ticket booked into a non-earning fare class on their end, so would not credit the EQM/EQS. CO eventually said there was nothing they could do.

I'm in the same situation as the OP - I just spoke with Mileage Plus today. Agent claimed that she had no record of my credit request - though I had the hard copy of the request, which I printed once making it from the website, right in front of me. So, she collected all of the same information I'd already entered into the website form. I'm wondering, gobluetwo, do you remember what fare class you purchased? Mine was Y, so I wonder if I'm going to get the same response.

gobluetwo Jun 25, 2012 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by geofflaredo (Post 18818518)
I'm in the same situation as the OP - I just spoke with Mileage Plus today. Agent claimed that she had no record of my credit request - though I had the hard copy of the request, which I printed once making it from the website, right in front of me. So, she collected all of the same information I'd already entered into the website form. I'm wondering, gobluetwo, do you remember what fare class you purchased? Mine was Y, so I wonder if I'm going to get the same response.

Found the correspondence with the OnePass service center last year. My receipt showed P class. CO did not have a P class, but the partner earning page showed that it was eligible to earn miles with Swiss. I had CO check with them 3 times and each time, LX said that it was booked into L class, which was not eligible to earn miles. After the 3rd time, CO said there was nothing else they could do.

Flights were taken in July 2011. Correspondence took place between Sep 30 and Nov 9. I still think I was shafted, but at least it didn't prevent me from hitting a status level.

G2244 Jun 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Missing Miles for *A– Why Can’t MP Just Call *A Partner On An Escalation

I am chasing missing PQMs that should push me into Silver. Because United’s process is broken and they are not interested in a common sense way to fix it, I am left waiting weeks for resolution. My final PQMs for the threshold coming (well supposed to be coming) from a set of recent SA operated flights (LHR-CPT and CPT-LHR). I did everything right. I ensured that my MP# was on the record. I checked and re-checked the fare classes. I made sure to re-check it all several times coming up to the flights. I endured two 12+ hour flights in economy as my punishment.

Then the wait… Following the guidelines I wait the 15 days for the miles to post. Aaaaannnnd nothing. I should note that I also had legs on UA and AC for the same trip that posted after only a few days.

So I go to the online form for missing miles and submit. I give them everything they ask for. I get no tracking number, no email confirmation, nothing I can use to show that I did what I was supposed to do. I wait the 14 days they say it may take for the miles to post. Aaaaannnnd nothing.

So it was on to the MP Service Center via phone. What a horrible experience… In the end and after escalating to a Supervisor I am left being told to wait *weeks* again. At this point why are they not willing to just allow reps (or at least the Supervisor) to simply call the *A partner? This could be resolved in minutes and allow me to use the Premier benefits on my flights next week. Instead I am offered gruff “service”, zero empathy, and no other solution other than to play the waiting game and lose out on what I have earned in the mean time (not that I am “entitled” to anything).

I know United has a host of issues but some (like this) seem to have such simple solutions.

Flyinace2000 Jun 26, 2012 1:11 pm

me too. Waiting for flights on TAP to post.

SEA1K4EVR Jun 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Yeah it's pretty lame these things are taking so long... no *A upgrades on Lufthansa is another ridiculous partner issue that needs to be fixed.

I flew an LH segment myself at the end of may in P class FRA-LHR (in conjunction with UA flights that posted correctly)... my LH flight didn't post either and I filled out the online form and now I'm waiting. I'm sure it will be several more weeks. Although in my case these 750 PQM's aren't going to change my status so I'm not losing out on anything by waiting. I'd be much more annoyed if I were in your position.

RobOnLI Jun 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR (Post 18824635)
Yeah it's pretty lame these things are taking so long... no *A upgrades on Lufthansa is another ridiculous partner issue that needs to be fixed.

I flew an LH segment myself at the end of may in P class FRA-LHR (in conjunction with UA flights that posted correctly)... my LH flight didn't post either and I filled out the online form and now I'm waiting. I'm sure it will be several more weeks. Although in my case these 750 PQM's aren't going to change my status so I'm not losing out on anything by waiting. I'd be much more annoyed if I were in your position.

Curious - was your LH segment ticketed by UA on 016 stock? I'm in the same boat with a 016 ticket that had UA, LH and SK segments. UA posted fine. LH and SK never posted even though the BP's showed my MP#. I called UA last week and they said they were processing the data and to wait two weeks. Neither of these flights have posted yet.

I'm wondering if there's a significant problem with posting other *A flights to MP if they are ticketed by UA. And this may not be a UA issue but rather the other *A airline issue because the ticket number isn't their own. Pure speculation...

-RM

brp1264 Jun 26, 2012 2:26 pm

I had a similar thing happen to me when I was missing a LH flight that would push me to Platinum. I had an upcoming flight that I wanted to use RPUs on, so I insisted they bump me up and give me the RPUs. It worked. Also, a month later, I was just short of 300k miles I needed for a RT BF EWR-HKG ticket. I called them up and insisted I wanted to book the ticket now and they made a mileage adjustment of 6000 miles to do so. The key here is to be insistent and have a reason for why they need to fix it before you get off the phone (i.e. upcoming flight or reservation).

Also, I had my SA CPT-JNB-FRA flights not post (even though my MP # was on the BP) as well. E-mailing or sending a form online does nothing. They posted (correctly at 150% EQM as well) about 17 days after I called it in and they entered the information. You don't get any bonus RDM for those flights though.

Antipode Jun 26, 2012 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 18824990)
Curious - was your LH segment ticketed by UA on 016 stock? I'm in the same boat with a 016 ticket that had UA, LH and SK segments. UA posted fine. LH and SK never posted even though the BP's showed my MP#. I called UA last week and they said they were processing the data and to wait two weeks. Neither of these flights have posted yet.

I'm wondering if there's a significant problem with posting other *A flights to MP if they are ticketed by UA. And this may not be a UA issue but rather the other *A airline issue because the ticket number isn't their own. Pure speculation...

-RM

FWIW I had LH segments in May on UA stock with UA code that posted fine without any intervention in a matter of days.

GUWonder Jun 26, 2012 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Phudnik (Post 18754715)
I flew a roundtrip on SAS last month and my boarding passes all showed "UA*G." For the OP, it may be worth checking in with a person to confirm that the FF# is properly entered.

My miles for those flights didn't post automatically, though when I submitted a mileage request using UA's spiffy new on-line form, they credited within three days.

I have credited a dozen SK flights to my UA account since early in May (2012) and not a single one of the flights has been credited automatically to my UA account (and they are all listed as mileage earning on united.com and were flights that should have been credited automatically to my UA account.

When it comes to the practice of alliance partner flights crediting to my airline "loyalty" program account, UA-* seems to be the most (or very close to the most) dysfunctional of the major airline programs/alliances with which I deal.

SEA1K4EVR Jun 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 18824990)

-RM

Yes, UA ticket stock. But not a code share flight just straight LH. The whole itinerary had 4 UA segments and 1 LH segment.. all the UA's posted fine.

Chicago22 Jun 26, 2012 3:06 pm

Thank you. Yes, I checked the code. I purchased Y fare so I should get miles for the flight.

valor155 Jun 26, 2012 3:19 pm

been there too

I've had missing miles from partners twice this year.

Once from TAM. I had the boarding pass with my MP number on it.

I contacted MP via the web form AND emailed [email protected] from my email account with BP and ticket receipt attached.

Within 2 weeks, my points did post, and I got an email from [email protected] confirming this.

ONGOING . . . mileage from a US flight did not post. Odd, they usually post with no problem, and quickly. I did notice that I received a new ticket number when I upgraded to Choice seating for a fee. Maybe that's the issue? :confused:

In any case, waited 15 days, nothing. Did the "Partner Missing Miles"webform and waited 14 days. Nothing.

So I used my same procedure as last time (contacted MP in 2 ways) and maybe that will work! The GOOD thing is I DID get a confirmation email from MP that they had submitted the request to US. GOOD.

BTW . . . Could it be the problem is on the partner side, and not the UA side? Something as basic as the exact name not matching, etc. Maybe in my case, the ticket number change?

I will wait another week to see if my process works again. If not, my only recource I feel is to call US Air and see if they can tell me what is up.

octeckels Jun 26, 2012 5:16 pm

My husband's LH segment posted, mine did not

My husband and I flew Lufthansa FRA-CPH on 2 June, on the same PNR, on 016 stock. His LH segment posted promptly; mine did not. All of the remaining UA legs posted fine for both of us.

I submitted the missing segment on 6/17 using the partner credit online form, got a confirmation, but the segment has not yet posted.

I'm wondering if the problem is that "MS" is at the end of my name on the LH boarding pass. Is there some way to get rid of that in my Profile?

Jade_BR Jun 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by octeckels (Post 18826081)
My husband and I flew Lufthansa FRA-CPH on 2 June, on the same PNR, on 016 stock. His LH segment posted promptly; mine did not. All of the remaining UA legs posted fine for both of us.

I submitted the missing segment on 6/17 using the partner credit online form, got a confirmation, but the segment has not yet posted.

I'm wondering if the problem is that "MS" is at the end of my name on the LH boarding pass. Is there some way to get rid of that in my Profile?

I had the exact same issue with SA last year and in my case the issue was a hyphenated last name that didn't exactly match my MP account. I did ask about the MS at the end if my first name and was told by UA that all partners accept that as standard and it will not cause an issue. There is no way to change it on your profile.

I just asked the question today again because TK miles have not posted. I got the same answer so it might be true :)

cfischer Jun 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Chicago22 (Post 18816789)
I flew Swiss Air in February 2012 and have repeatedly asked United to post my miles and have sent pictures of my tickets. I have sent 5 requests: I was told they would post in 7 days, then I was told they would post in 14 days then I was told they would post in 21 days. I sent the 5th request last week and only received the confirmation email. Does anyone have a contact to call or email directly? I have been using the mileageplus email.

I have exactly the same problem. Flight in September 2011 in T-class and UA keeps claiming it will credit in 7-14 days. I filed a DOT complaint against United a few weeks ago, let's see where this takes us.