FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1318156-consolidated-ua-partner-flights-miles-not-posting-archive.html)

wfu03 Jul 16, 2012 2:52 am

How long is "normal" for *A flights to post?

I took SAS flights on July 5th and July 8th, but the miles still haven't shown up in my Mileage Plus account. How long is reasonable to wait before I should notify United and try to get them added manually?

mherdeg Jul 16, 2012 3:19 am

UA requests that you wait 15 days.

As a data point, my wife and I took A3 flights in May (separate records, separate ticketing carriers, same flight) and my miles posted within 3 days. Her miles have never posted, and her missing mileage request (submitted 19 June) has seen no reply.

wfu03 Jul 16, 2012 7:16 am

Thanks for the quick reply. It sounds like I shouldn't expect to see those miles anytime soon though.

wxalex Jul 16, 2012 5:33 pm

Will I get my miles?

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been answered on here. I took two flights last month on *alliance airlines. One from ZRH-ZAG on OU and one from IST-TLS on TK. I did not receive credit for either.

I went on united.com and did the missing mileage form (~15 days ago for the OU flight and ~5 days ago for the TK flight). However, as far as I can tell there is no way to see the status of these missing mileage requests. So, I am wondering if anyone has done the mileage request and had success and how long it took to receive the miles.

Thanks!

Baze Jul 16, 2012 6:02 pm

What was your fare basis? Not all fare basis earn miles on partners. You need to go to the UA site and check to see if the fare you paid for earns miles on those partners. Also, how long has it been. Can take up to 8 weeks for partner credit to appear.

wxalex Jul 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Baze (Post 18942724)
What was your fare basis? Not all fare basis earn miles on partners. You need to go to the UA site and check to see if the fare you paid for earns miles on those partners. Also, how long has it been. Can take up to 8 weeks for partner credit to appear.

on OU it was M. On TK it was L. Strangely enough the portion of my flight on TK from BEG to IST posted within 2 days.

Flight on OU was 5 weeks ago, on TK it was 3 weeks ago.

alex_b Jul 16, 2012 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by wxalex (Post 18943655)
on OU it was M. On TK it was L. Strangely enough the portion of my flight on TK from BEG to IST posted within 2 days.

Flight on OU was 5 weeks ago, on TK it was 3 weeks ago.

The TK earning rules are totally screwed, they're set at UA rates and therefore a number of booking classes aren't carrying across properly (predominantly Comfort Class). I have been waiting 3 months for TK O class flights to credit. Phone MP, point them at the website and ask them to raise a ticket with the *A desk. Keep calling back to follow up. I still haven't received my miles, but did get 2.5k miles as an apology from the last agent.

pantero21 Jul 16, 2012 10:57 pm

Still waiting for OU credit from 5/31

I know my MP# was in reservation because they had a lounge invitation waiting for me. I waited 15 days to fill in the online form, then 30 days to send an email to [email protected], still nothing but crickets.

hungarianhc Jul 17, 2012 2:37 pm

How long does it typically take for TAM flights to credit?

It's been about 7 days since I took the flight, and nothing has posted yet. I still have my boarding pass. It was a V fare, so it's eligible. Just curious what posting times have been for others. THanks!

matkusopet Jul 17, 2012 2:43 pm

TAM is pretty unique in its posting of miles. Was in Brazil not too long ago talking to another 1K who claimed they never post miles unless you requested them after, assuming you'll get them at all. I'm waiting two weeks on for the first of three flights I took on TAM (in retrospect, shoulda gone with Avianca). Wait the 15 days and then submit. I'm doing the same when the two-week window closes on my third flight, get them sorted all at once. Good luck!

38,000feet Jul 17, 2012 2:44 pm

I just had the first leg of trip post 4.5 weeks after flying and one week after requesting the credit through the UA website. I also requested credit for the return leg at the same time, but haven't received anything. It's now 5 weeks after flying and two weeks after the request.

elf618 Jul 17, 2012 2:50 pm

How long does it typically take for TAM flights to credit?

I have had to request 4/6 flights with tam but had a few around the time of the merger. I always start requesting about 15 days after. Some have taken another month or so and an additional email.

hungarianhc Jul 17, 2012 2:51 pm

geez - this is annoying that requesting is the norm and not the exception!

ULMFlyer Jul 17, 2012 3:16 pm

I waited 3 weeks for a R/T in June to post and then made the online request. After that, they posted in 2 days.

tflyer544 Jul 18, 2012 5:47 am

SK Mileage Credit on UA

Hello all,

I recently flew CLE-EWR-ARN-EWR-CLE on UA and SK in J. Last flight was completed by 6:00pm on 7/14. Miles were deposited from CLE-EWR return but not from the TATL flights. The TATL flights were on a separate reservation with SAS. Does it take longer for SAS flight credit to appear on UA?

tflyer544