FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1318156-consolidated-ua-partner-flights-miles-not-posting-archive.html)

DeaconFlyer May 15, 2012 8:48 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 18577175)
In your opinion, what is an acceptable level of posting omissions?

0%. But to say that United is incapable of posting *A miles is just a flat out lie.

UA-NYC May 15, 2012 9:31 am

Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer (Post 18578767)
0%. But to say that United is incapable of posting *A miles is just a flat out lie.

When EUA was "broken" (as UA Insider later confirmed), some EUAs did still happen - broken doesn't have to mean 0%. The same situation applies to posting *A miles - enough continual issues have been raised (both before and after 3/3) to indicate that the process is, in fact, broken.

Bluehen1 May 15, 2012 9:38 am

Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer (Post 18574894)
Out of how many *A flights flown by FT members?

I don't care how many total flights it's been for all members. I do care that I have had to call in three times at an hour each (which is wholly unacceptable as a 1K) to get partner flights from LH and LX to credit to my account. All told with those, it's taken 21 days to properly credit (which didn't happen with one of the LX flights so I had to call in again to get fixed).

Ironically, the US flights I took this weekend took less time to credit to my account than the UA flights I took the previous weekend but I was prepared to wait the 14 days for partner flights to credit then call in.

tods27 May 15, 2012 10:33 am

I had an LH flight post as 50% miles instead of 100%. When I called, the agent said that this is a known problem they are working to resolve.

exerda May 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 18522947)
LH posted right away for me, but I'm still waiting on BD miles to post over 3 weeks later (most recent word from UA is "in 7 days"--which I'll believe when I see it).

Finally got credit today for the BD flight. ^

Took over a month, but they did post correctly, too (500 mile minimum, etc.). Took 3 e-mails, 1 fax, and 2 phone calls.

vnatraj May 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Update

Originally Posted by vnatraj (Post 18467052)
My wife has the same problem. We flew last April (!) - 3 sectors posted, one did not. We have requested it about 10 times already (mail, phone, fax, you name it). They keep telling us that the request is in the system and it should post in less than 2 weeks. Hasn't happened yet. I will keep calling until it does! We did use MP# on the reservation.

The miles finally got posted today! There are still some extra miles to claim considering these posted miles mean my wife would have attained Silver and Gold status earlier than the system thinks she did (because these miles were missing). Hopefully that will be easier to resolve!

Passmethesickbag May 15, 2012 11:58 pm

Something seems to be happening at MP, at last - had retro credits for four flights taken January to April post yesterday. Just three more flights and my credit card miles, please, and I'm good!

msk6261 May 17, 2012 12:14 pm

so what if their math is just off?

Originally Posted by msk6261 (Post 18534991)
I finally got them to post the correct amount of miles for my Muc-sfo LH flight in march (they had only given me half) but now the total accounting of miles flown and acrued PQM is all wacked out!

They did not change the number of miles credited to that flight, they just added another version of the flight with the other 1/2 the miles on to the next statement. Do they not add recent activity to the total until statement closes?

Looks like another 25min in the cue in my future!?!? Would an email before effective? What's the new version of [email protected]?

Has anyone received compensation for the "pain and agony" of this process?

So here's where I'm at. I figured out that MP just cannot carry a balance from one statement to the next correctly?!?!?!?!:

Premier Qualifying Award Miles Miles
Beginning Balance as of 03/01/2012: 0
Airline Activity: 19,734
Non Airline Activity: -
Award Activity: -
Ending Balance 19,734

Premier Qualifying Award Miles
Beginning Balance as of 04/11/2012: 16,295
Airline Activity: 14,101
Non Airline Activity: - -
Award Activity: 0 - -
Ending Balance as of 05/17/2012: 30,396

A 3500 mile loss from one statement to the next? If this keeps up I might end up owing them miles! I added up each mileage amount for month and the ending balances are correct. It's the beginning balances on the next month statements that are incorrect.

This has happened on both mine and my spouses accounts. I can't imagine we are the only ones with this problem....I would recommend double checking your accounts from month to month!

teammelli8080 May 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Is anyone continuing to fight these battles? I still am, and I myself recently flew Turkish, triple-checked to ensure my MP # was on the reservation, but was not credited my miles after more than 2 weeks. Looks like I'll have to fight for two people now, it's over 25,000 miles that they owe my mother and myself, and I am having a really tough time even getting through to them...

Does anyone know where I could complain about this should the miles eventually never post? I feel like when it comes to these things, complaints always fall on deaf ears..

Thanks in advance for your help everyone.

knradpolnd May 20, 2012 10:31 pm

wow.... i have the same problem....
I flew turkish to Ethipia and have been waiting for my miles for 2 months now. i recently got an e mail stating that my miles would appear withing 15 days. it has been 5, there are 10 to go....

star_world May 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by bsmnsr (Post 18389754)
And, if you were on UA/UA Express metal and you were missing miles, there was an online form that actually allowed you to fix the problem yourself 99% of the time?

There still is - both UA and CO had this in the past.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ageCredit.aspx

FC ORD May 21, 2012 6:03 am

Originally Posted by star_world (Post 18612897)
There still is - both UA and CO had this in the past.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ageCredit.aspx

Correct as stated for UA flights.
For non-UA flights the web sites says you have to write a letter to UA and send to Rapid City, SD

UA-NYC May 21, 2012 6:18 am

Originally Posted by teammelli8080 (Post 18612703)
Is anyone continuing to fight these battles? I still am, and I myself recently flew Turkish, triple-checked to ensure my MP # was on the reservation, but was not credited my miles after more than 2 weeks. Looks like I'll have to fight for two people now, it's over 25,000 miles that they owe my mother and myself, and I am having a really tough time even getting through to them...

Does anyone know where I could complain about this should the miles eventually never post? I feel like when it comes to these things, complaints always fall on deaf ears..

Thanks in advance for your help everyone.

I've been fighting for 3+ months now to help my FIL get credit for LX flights from Feb. Long story short, he had the CO OP # on the flights, never got credited (no surprise), MP re-submitted two months ago but LX is saying "miles were already credited to another program" so denied it. Of course, that program is OP (I saw his FFN on the e-ticket receipt), so I'm stuck in a never-ending loop.

This never would have happened with PMUA MP.

corbetti May 24, 2012 9:40 am

twice in 2 months - the missing mileage credit fiasco continues...

I don't know what is more annoying:

1) the fact that i have to spend MY time chasing down united to get credit for outbound segments that mysteriously disappear (although they give me credit for the return segments, which of course makes it impossible to simply file online for the missing credit because the system sees the return credit and says "you've already received credit")

or

2) the snarky attitude of the Mileage Plus service center agents who seem to think this is my fault in some way and say things like "did you change to a different flight or fly a different carrier?" (yes, she really said that)

Or maybe i'm just over-priveleged? :D

jez May 24, 2012 10:32 am

There's worse.

I've been waiting 6 months to get mileage. It still hasn't posted. Send at least 8 emails about it.