FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1318156-consolidated-ua-partner-flights-miles-not-posting-archive.html)

FlyPeru May 8, 2012 10:27 pm

Frustrated Frequent Flyer

I have not been satisfied post-merger with how quickly I receive (if I receive) MileagePlus credits miles and segments for flights flown on partner airlines. I would be interested in hearing what your experiences have been and how to get credit when it seems like they are ignoring your emails.

I am still missing two legs on a COPA flight from February. I have written to COPA nine times and to United/MP 5 times. The amount of time it takes to receive a response from either is unacceptable (if they respond). I began writing them every 14 days after it was obvious that something was wrong. The flights are clearly fare classes that receive miles and segments. They originally did not credit any of the 4 legs. Eventually they credited 2 of the 4 but still have not credited the other two legs.

I am also missing five other legs on TAM and TACA... both of which were either Star Alliance or have direct partnership with United.

As a multi-year Continental Platinum and now two straight year 1K on United, I am very surprised at the lack of response.

Anyone have any suggestions about how to get service out of Mileage Plus?

chinatraderjmr May 8, 2012 11:45 pm

CALL!!!!! don't write. Call the MPSC directly, not the 1K desk. Get the name of who you speak to and if she needs any copies of BP etc, ask to fax it directly to her/him

easte May 9, 2012 12:15 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr (Post 18540334)
CALL!!!!! don't write. Call the MPSC directly, not the 1K desk. Get the name of who you speak to and if she needs any copies of BP etc, ask to fax it directly to her/him

It happened to me 5 times since February, three have been credited. Tonight I got an email saying that missing miles had been credited, but there is nothing on the account. It's kind of the norm these days...

exerda May 9, 2012 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr (Post 18540334)

How do you get an agent when calling the MPSC?

I get HAL telling me all sorts of garbage about my balance, then under "missing miles" he directs me to mail, fax, or e-mail my request. (I've already e-mailed it, and the promised 7 days for credit they gave expires tomorrow with nada.)

I used to fax this stuff, but just have little faith that will go answered in any real period of time.

I can't figure for the life of me which IVR options to use to get to an agent--"other options" gives PIN reset and "apply for a MP credit card." :rolleyes: None of the main menu options seem right.

Or am I getting the wrong (e.g. general vs. elite) MPSC # when I call?

ETA: Nevermind, I tried asking for an "agent" and got one... for all the good it did me. :rolleyes: The guy claimed it would be another "15-30 days" for the request. I pointed out it had already been nearly 30 from the flight and that that was very uncharacteristic. He then went on and on about how the request was in the system and that it would eventually credit.

ETA 2x: I faxed the request in as well yesterday evening. We[ll see if that helps at all--UA used to credit missing miles requests sent by fax within 24 hours, but I doubt that my experience will be remotely like that.

aleph08 May 10, 2012 10:59 pm

I fully agree: call. Two days ago I called UA in Tokyo to ask about the LH half miles credit. Was put on hold and the announcement said it might take more than half an hour but got through in about 15 min.

Explained the case, and the agent said she'll speak to the person in charge of MP and would call me back.

Wasn't holding my breath but she called in about 10 min to tell me that they identified the case, and MP in Japan will make a note to MP center in the US. The credit miraculously happened yesterday. FYI... Now, I have another flight not credited but will have to wait for another week before submitting my claim...

whelmed May 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Anyone able to get emails through to mileageplus?

I've been on 4 flights recently which have had some problems and I wasn't credited my miles. Also, I had miles vanish out of my account (roughly 5k, which would put me in Gold now). To understand this, I sent emails to mileage plus, but I've now been waiting for almost 2 months now (I followed up a few times, and still nothing).

Is something wrong with the email service right now? I'm guessing the only way to get through would be to spend 30 minutes on hold and then talk to an agent?

aacharya May 12, 2012 1:57 pm

I've gotten responses to very similar issues post 3/3. It was fixed within a month or so, but I imagine the delay due to backlogs.

whelmed May 13, 2012 3:27 pm

I'm getting annoyed with the wait at this point. I'll probably just call up tomorrow and have all my flight details ready (At this point I'm missing 8 legs and they're just not responding).

Just makes me wonder what they're doing there - I get the whole teething problem, but it's been some time now!!

NewtoConsulting May 14, 2012 9:02 am

UA Flights missing???

Last week I booked two flights to fly on United Airlines, I reserved the flights on United's website and paid using a United Airlines Explorer card from Chase. I flew on Wednesday and Friday. How can the Wednesday flight not be displaying under "Most Recent Account Activity" five days later? PMUA I did a lot of flying on Mondays and Thursdays each week for 7+ months in a row. The Monday flights would always be showing on my account by Tuesday afternoon, possibly Wednesday morning, and the Thursday flights by Saturday or Sunday afternoon. This established my expectation of 1-3 days for fights to be updated on my MP account. I'm still waiting for my 5/9/12 flight to show up 5 days later. Is this the new normal?

UA-NYC May 14, 2012 10:11 am

Yes, it's unfortunately the COdbaUA new normal (but standard for PMCO, at least IME).

The days of quick & reliable posting a la PMUA seem to be over.

formite May 14, 2012 2:17 pm

How to ensure correct posting of *A miles?

Hi all,

I wanted to know if anyone has experience to ensure correct posting of *A miles. I will be traveling on SQ (mileage eligible Fare class) and I am wondering which Mileage Plus (old vs. new) should I be using to ensure proper crediting. Recent calls to United are not enjoyable and time consuming and most importantly, multiple calls are needed for simple, straight-forward issues.

Thanks.

aacharya May 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by formite (Post 18573993)
Hi all,

I wanted to know if anyone has experience to ensure correct posting of *A miles. I will be traveling on SQ (mileage eligible Fare class) and I am wondering which Mileage Plus (old vs. new) should I be using to ensure proper crediting. Recent calls to United are not enjoyable and time consuming and most importantly, multiple calls are needed for simple, straight-forward issues.

Thanks.

New. End of story.

chinatraderjmr May 14, 2012 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by formite (Post 18573993)
Hi all,

Thanks.

You only have 1 number. Those old numbers no longer exist. If you use it you won't get credit. I have my MP # tied in with my SQ PPS # to guarantee I bet the mileage on UA and the PPS points on SQ ( they forgot to update my NEW MP # on my last flight and I'm still fighting for credit. DESTROY YOUR OLD #!!!!!

Passmethesickbag May 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Join one of the following FF programs:

AC Aeroplan
A3 Miles & Bonus
CA Phoenix Miles
JJ Fidelidade
JP, LH, LO, LX, OS, SN M&M
NH Mileage Club
NZ Airpoints
SA Voyager
SK Eurobonus
SQ KrisFlyer
TG Royal Orchid Plus
TK Miles & Smiles
TP Victoria
US Dividend Miles

anilyst May 14, 2012 2:36 pm

*n00b alert*

I am flying UA/LH from SFO to DEL via FRA. Return would be DEL - EWR - SFO.

I'm a member of LH, SQ & US. Can I get miles for all 3, in addition to UA ?