FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1318156-consolidated-ua-partner-flights-miles-not-posting-archive.html)

exerda May 29, 2012 8:13 am

Originally Posted by TMOTEE (Post 18659298)
I looked online to claim missing miles for flights and AIr China is not listed in the drop down box for the Star Alliance carriers. What's going on ? Do you have to call for flights on Air China ? All the other Star Alliance carriers seem to be listed.

Hmm--you're right; to even get to that screen did take quite a few clicks on my part (it's like they want to steer you toward mailing in partner airline requests whenever possible), but sure enough, Air China is missing from the list.

Sort of like how 1K was missing from the status list on the contact forms for the first week or two. ;)

teammelli8080 Jun 13, 2012 7:58 pm

just wanted to update this thread in saying that united seems to have changed their process when it comes to getting partner flights credited, and now there's a page to enter in all the boarding pass and ticket info. i filled this out and was credited with the miles, thus marking the end of an absurdly long process. hope this helps others who are still waiting for theirs!

tfl Jun 14, 2012 4:10 am

Mileage from SAS not Hitting Mileage Plus

I am currently doing a lot of travel to Norway/Sweden/Denmark from LHR and fly Business class on SAS. However, most of the trips are not getting credited to my Mileage Plus account.

Plus, when I check in, the boarding pass (SAS) says UA basic (I am actually Premier Platinum). If I don't take my card, SAS denines me access into the UA*G lounge.

Will this get fixed any time soon??

born sleepy Jun 14, 2012 4:45 am

Originally Posted by teammelli8080 (Post 18752757)
just wanted to update this thread in saying that united seems to have changed their process when it comes to getting partner flights credited, and now there's a page to enter in all the boarding pass and ticket info. i filled this out and was credited with the miles, thus marking the end of an absurdly long process. hope this helps others who are still waiting for theirs!

I did that as well for three of four LH segments that did not post. Still nothing.

glasnost7 Jun 14, 2012 5:13 am

Mileage from SAS not Hitting Mileage Plus

Could SAS be one of the carriers still having issues with new/legacy MP numbers? Or have you seen some trips populate and not others? I'm curious to know as we're flying SAS next month and want to get credit!

Vlntn Jun 14, 2012 6:08 am

Flew AMS-FRA-SIN(A380!)-MUC-EWR-DUS-FRA-PVG-MUC-AMS on LH in January and February, 5 months ago now. So far, only MUC-AMS credited correctly. I called an e-mailed a lot, and everytime I was told my miles would credit within 7 days. No luck so far. They must have a huge stack of my boarding pass and e-ticket copies by now...

However, yesterday I got an e-mail saying "the problems" with LH credit will be solved by the end of June... Certainly looking forward to that moment ;)!

Phudnik Jun 14, 2012 6:33 am

Originally Posted by glasnost7 (Post 18754426)
Could SAS be one of the carriers still having issues with new/legacy MP numbers?

I flew a roundtrip on SAS last month and my boarding passes all showed "UA*G." For the OP, it may be worth checking in with a person to confirm that the FF# is properly entered.

My miles for those flights didn't post automatically, though when I submitted a mileage request using UA's spiffy new on-line form, they credited within three days.

exerda Jun 14, 2012 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Vlntn (Post 18754616)
However, yesterday I got an e-mail saying "the problems" with LH credit will be solved by the end of June... Certainly looking forward to that moment ;)!

And if you believe that, I have some property in the Everglades you may be interested in... :p :)

Flyinace2000 Jun 14, 2012 7:56 am

You're lucky it posted so fast. I am still waiting for a TAP flight to credit from April!

Phudnik Jun 14, 2012 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Flyinace2000 (Post 18755138)
You're lucky it posted so fast. I am still waiting for a TAP flight to credit from April!

I'm convinced the new form helps. I had a flight on LX in March that didn't post, and it took over a month to get that to post using the old system of e-mailing boarding passes and ticket receipts to the MPSC, and then calling them when they don't respond, and then calling them again when nothing happens after two weeks.

Vlntn Jun 15, 2012 4:46 am

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 18754798)
And if you believe that, I have some property in the Everglades you may be interested in... :p :)

Haha! ^

hauteboy Jun 15, 2012 10:41 pm

I'm still waiting on miles to post from a DLA-SSG flight on Ethiopian flight I took in February... sent it in several times but never hear back. Also a TK flight I took last month, according to their website I should have earned 500 mile-minimum, but only 483 miles posted.

stimpy Jun 16, 2012 1:41 am

In my saga to get miles posted from February I found a rare MP agent who had a lively intelligence. If not much experience. Anyhow he reviewed my issue, talked to a supervisor and swore to me that my account would be updated in 24 hours. I said "who do I call if it doesn't get updated?" He said "nobody. I guarantee it will be updated". He sounded so enthusiastic I took him at his word, even though I should really know better. I gave it 48 hours and of course nothing happened. I called back and got one of the dumbest agents I've ever spoken to. I don't mean he wasn't trained, and he was certainly courteous, but you could just tell by speaking with him that his IQ was in the toilet. I had to repeat things over and over to him throughout the lengthy call. He swore that I hadn't called in two days ago and that my last call was in May. At first he kept repeating that I had to wait 50 days and when I finally convinced him to go talk to a supervisor, he came back with a date of June 30th when my miles will get credited. No rhyme nor reason given for that date. :rolleyes:

DCBob Jun 16, 2012 6:30 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 18765522)
At first he kept repeating that I had to wait 50 days and when I finally convinced him to go talk to a supervisor, he came back with a date of June 30th when my miles will get credited. No rhyme nor reason given for that date. :rolleyes:

It's 15 days - not 50 days - maybe you couldn't understand his accent. If you give MP your 13-digit ticket number and flight info OVER THE PHONE (forget using email), the partner miles WILL now post in 15 days. It worked for me and several others on FT. This is the new procedure and you don't need to send in boarding passes or anything else. It's all electronic now.

gnaget Jun 16, 2012 8:07 am

Originally Posted by DCBob (Post 18766052)
It's 15 days - not 50 days - maybe you couldn't understand his accent. If you give MP your 13-digit ticket number and flight info OVER THE PHONE (forget using email), the partner miles WILL now post in 15 days. It worked for me and several others on FT. This is the new procedure and you don't need to send in boarding passes or anything else. It's all electronic now.

That's correct. You don't have to worry about BPs anymore. The word was 2 weeks but it took about a month for some SAA flights.

I remember in 2009 or 2010 that they said that this procedure was for 1Ks only, but that might have been BS.