FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1318156-consolidated-ua-partner-flights-miles-not-posting-archive.html)

LilAbner May 24, 2012 10:35 am

So what did they tell you?
Something along the lines that WE don't see where you flew on your out-bounds and you need to send us your BP's. If so, good luck getting any sort of credit any time soon when sending them into that "Black Hole".
I've been trying for 4 weeks to get cancelled saver awards (120K miles) refunded and all I get is b.s. It usually entails nearly an hour on the phone each time with the 1K (or whatever it's called) desk, MP, and refunds, (ALL talking to each other), and still NOTHING!

LilAbner May 24, 2012 10:38 am

Originally Posted by jez (Post 18635190)
There's worse.

I've been waiting 6 months to get mileage. It still hasn't posted. Send at least 8 emails about it.

e-mails are a waste of time --- You need to call, call back, and call again!
Seriously, you need to call res first, who will contact MP, while you are on the line, and then refunds needs to get in the act to get your fees refunded.

Been there, done that, over & over & over!

UA-NYC May 24, 2012 11:20 am

GOOD NEWS!!!

Legitimately!!!

100 days overdue, OPdbaMP FINALLY credited my FIL for mid-February LX flights. No easy solution to this, other than keep on calling in (good to mail e-ticket and BPs in at first though, so they establish a paper trail on it).

His only "crime" originally was having his CO OP # on the original flight (I saw it on the e-ticket). Somehow managed to never credit.

Good luck to anyone still fighting the good fight.

stimpy May 24, 2012 11:59 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 18635493)
100 days overdue, OPdbaMP FINALLY credited my FIL for mid-February LX flights. No easy solution to this, other than keep on calling in (good to mail e-ticket and BPs in at first though, so they establish a paper trail on it).

I had almost forgotten about my Feb/March LX flights crediting. So based on your good news I just called MP and they found that Swiss had erroneously replied that my flights would not earn credit. But UA never went back to them with the correct info, plus they lost 2 out of my 4 flight requests. So I just asked MP to resubmit and we'll see if anything happens.

pixmotion May 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi;

I have the problem with Turkish posting. One way did post, the return actually, but not the outbound. Its about 1,100 from Nice to Istanbul and I am loath to chase them for it now. Just feels like going to the DMV now a days...

BTW: what is with the drop downs on this lovely new website? I mean to see a summary, it is your "statements" vs "history"? Is it me or is it really confusing to not have "show 1 month back, last 3 months, last year" vs all those dates.

Air Houston May 25, 2012 7:22 am

Originally Posted by pixmotion (Post 18636108)
Hi;

I have the problem with Turkish posting. One way did post, the return actually, but not the outbound. Its about 1,100 from Nice to Istanbul and I am loath to chase them for it now. Just feels like going to the DMV now a days...

BTW: what is with the drop downs on this lovely new website? I mean to see a summary, it is your "statements" vs "history"? Is it me or is it really confusing to not have "show 1 month back, last 3 months, last year" vs all those dates.

I think it is very easy to understand the dates. Its the same system for keeping track of events that happened in the past that I have been using since I was a little kid. It is a loss of functionality not to be able to do a search and get a listing of activity for the whole year at once, but the dates are not confusing.

exerda May 25, 2012 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Air Houston (Post 18640362)
I think it is very easy to understand the dates. Its the same system for keeping track of events that happened in the past that I have been using since I was a little kid. It is a loss of functionality not to be able to do a search and get a listing of activity for the whole year at once, but the dates are not confusing.

Well, "View All Activity" should do just that--not just show me "all since my last statement," with the statement periods seemingly random.

I don't care so much about being able to specify a date range, but it is a big pain in the butt to have to browse through several different sets of statements to find things--particularly when it's not consistent that a given activity posts when it should.

miniliq May 25, 2012 8:10 am

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 18640479)
Well, "View All Activity" should do just that--not just show me "all since my last statement," with the statement periods seemingly random.

I don't care so much about being able to specify a date range, but it is a big pain in the butt to have to browse through several different sets of statements to find things--particularly when it's not consistent that a given activity posts when it should.

Today I noticed the drop-down "View Other Statements" dialogue doesn't show any dates before 3/1/12 -- when did this happen? I've been watching some Feb flights for a requested correction to miles posted for LH flights.

pixmotion May 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 18640479)

++

you said it better than me. But I still feel the dates thing is a total waste of time, vs saying "all" or past month, provisos 2 months etc. You could do all that on in box, bow you have two, one on top with dates for me at least that go across months or are partial:

top box

4-11-2012 thru 5-13-2012 (not starting on the 1st of the month)
3-1-2012 thru 4-1-2012 (starts on 1st of one month and goes into another)

bottom drop down box "statements"

3-1-2012 thru 3-4-2012 (3 days statement)
and then back one month 3x and one year.

born sleepy May 27, 2012 7:10 am

Flew LH BOS-MUC-CGN on 1-2 May. Returned LH CGN-MUC-BOS 10 May. Only BOS-MUC segment has shown up. How long should I wait before the dreaded phone calls? ua.com says it should post within 15 days. I guess I'll start with the online thing.

Something told me to hang on to all four boarding cards... sheesh.

TravellingMan May 27, 2012 7:32 am

Originally Posted by born sleepy (Post 18649072)
Something told me to hang on to all four boarding cards... sheesh.

Tell them it was electronic boarding pass. In the current days of eticket and eboarding passes, why do they keep asking for original paper BPs?

UA-NYC May 27, 2012 7:35 am

Originally Posted by TravellingMan (Post 18649134)
Tell them it was electronic boarding pass. In the current days of eticket and eboarding passes, why do they keep asking for original paper BPs?

Because they use an antiquated computer system that, despite some nice functionality in spots, is still well behind the times

TravellingMan May 27, 2012 7:45 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 18649148)
Because they use an antiquated computer system that, despite some nice functionality in spots, is still well behind the times

:D

born sleepy May 27, 2012 8:34 am

Originally Posted by TravellingMan (Post 18649134)

Wait, I mean I DID hold on to all four paper BPs :D

Went and filed the claim on the UA MP site. Pretty straightforward but I expect it'll take awhile for anything to happen.

TMOTEE May 29, 2012 7:57 am

I looked online to claim missing miles for flights and AIr China is not listed in the drop down box for the Star Alliance carriers. What's going on ? Do you have to call for flights on Air China ? All the other Star Alliance carriers seem to be listed.