Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Got three beeps at IND this AM. I partied through security like it was 1999
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Though IAD at noon today no one in line was through in less than one minute. This will be my savior during holiday travel
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kyee
I flew PHX-AUS two days ago on 11-7, went to the PreCheck line. No one was in line, scanned my phone, got the 3 beeps, and was let right on thru. Fastest I've ever made it thru a checkpoint. Felt weird being able to keep my shoes on, and not have to take my laptop out.^
Hang on a sec...you got Precheck in PHX terminal 2?

This contridicts what a few us were told by the TSA agents that PreCheck was not going to be rolled out at this time.

Can somebody confirm?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: United 1K ; Marriott Titanium (Lifetime)
Regarding BWI. I jusr went through standard TSA security today (11/9) but TSA agent confirmed that PreCheck would be in place on Wednesday (11/14).
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:50 am

What does a "0" at the end of the BUA xxxx mean? I signed up for pre-check a few weeks back, the paper BP says "pre-screening travelers go to xxx" at IAD so it knows I am signed up I think but I don't see a magic "3" just a "0"
Old Nov 10, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by iChyna
What does a "0" at the end of the BUA xxxx mean? I signed up for pre-check a few weeks back, the paper BP says "pre-screening travelers go to xxx" at IAD so it knows I am signed up I think but I don't see a magic "3" just a "0"
It means you will receive conventional screening, as you haven't qualified for PreCheck on that flight.

3 = ^
0 =
Old Nov 10, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Data Point: Multiple pax on one PNR. One GE, one not.

I'm all set up with GE and PreCheck and PreCheck has worked for me previously. My GF is still going through the application process.

Yesterday we traveled and both tickets were on a single PNR. I scanned both our BPs with my iPhone and I got the "3" while she got the "0", so having multiple pax on one PNR doesn't seem to phase the system or eliminate PreCheck for all pax on the PNR.

Naturally I screened with her in the (45 minute long) regular screening line at PHL while I enviously watched as a small handful of other pax went right up to the PreCHeck station and right through in about 60 seconds.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
So it would be safe to assume that the lone WTMD at the elite checkpoint will become Pre-Check. How they'll configure the lane access in that cluster fudge of a checkpoint will be interesting..
Cluster is an appropriate description. Flew out of SFO this morning and the whole airport was basically a cluster. The regular security line was spilling half way down the check in area. The Premier check in was wound thru as many switchbacks as it could be and out the end. Took one look at it and walked back to the line which is shared with CLEAR. It always moves quite well and I was thru in about 10 minutes. I'm guessing the Premier line would have been between 30 and 45 minutes (maybe longer). I have no idea where they are going to put Pre at that checkpoint, but I'm guessing it will screw it up even more. I dread thinking it will have the same early closing time as the Premier line because it means I will basically never get to use it.

On a separate note, while Pre is now at MCO for UA, I would say it isn't implemented very well. I went thru with a coworker who is signed up for Pre (recently) but he was not selected on this trip. There is no short cut into any security line from there nor is there a graceful exit. Instead, you get to swim upstream past anyone who is behind you in the Pre line in order to go get in the queue for some other security line. Since I needed to stick with my coworker, didn't get to try out the Pre line myself, though I know I had the magic 3. I also knew he had a 0, but figured they would have a short cut like other airports.

In some ways though, I guess the setup in MCO is mostly the right way to do it. Random people who get into the Pre line (possibly without even being signed up) should not get to jump other queues when they don't get the magic triple beep/LLL. If they could figure out a graceful exit, I would say it would actually be the most fair way of doing things (other than having a separate scanner near security that lets you determine if you should even be heading into the Pre line).
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
I just went through precheck at HNL yay!
I just wish to comment that it is way off to the right as you face security at a checkpoint I didn't even know existed. This is far from the United check in area. Also when I asked a blue shirt where it was, she didn't know! Fortunately they had a sign up announcing precheck.
On another note the regular line at the far right was far shorter than the one near the United checkin area at noon on a Saturday.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
No precheck at PHX as of 10/25

Originally Posted by mrswirl
Hang on a sec...you got Precheck in PHX terminal 2?

This contridicts what a few us were told by the TSA agents that PreCheck was not going to be rolled out at this time.

Can somebody confirm?

I am a GE member and flew out of PHX terminal 2 on UA last on 25 Oct. There was a big sign advertising the pre-check program but when I questioned the TSA agent, I was told no pre-check line in T2.

I am assuming that the OP (based on route of PHX-AUS) was flying out of T4 on US.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: SPG, UAL, Delta, BA
I just went though IAD at noon on Thursday, no problem. It was like flying in the 90s. I'd express disbelief if you told me it tool more than 90 seconds, end to end.
Came back through Denver on Friday. TSA took about 2 minutes, largely because I stopped to chat with the agent who was from Northern Virginia.

Global Entry is without a doubt the best $100 I ever spent.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by jasonvr
I have no idea where they are going to put Pre at that checkpoint, but I'm guessing it will screw it up even more.
When I passed through SFO this morning, one of the TSA agents said that it would be the far left lane in the security screening area. How it will work out remains to be seen...
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I got PreCheck 3 beeps on a chicken-issued boarding pass at IAH for the first leg (and only domestic leg) of an international itinerary (flying D-I-I... on the same day on the same reservation). CO IT glitch or new policy?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:25 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mduell
I got PreCheck 3 beeps on a chicken-issued boarding pass at IAH for the first leg (and only domestic leg) of an international itinerary (flying D-I-I... on the same day on the same reservation). CO IT glitch or new policy?
What was your connecting airport? Did your connection require you to re-clear security?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 4:42 am

Programs: UA 1k; Hyatt Plat; SPG Gold; Avis PC Preferred; Priority Pass Select; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by hillta1
Regarding BWI. I jusr went through standard TSA security today (11/9) but TSA agent confirmed that PreCheck would be in place on Wednesday (11/14).
I can confirm. Also recieved 3 beeps which prompted the tsa guy to fo into the precheck discussion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.