Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: MR Lifetime Platinum, 1k, mm united, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks I know. I am getting close to 1MM miles with United and overall like the service. But this is really frustrating and the lady at the 1k desk talked to her supervisor and really tried to help, but they just don't know or don't want to tell us the truth.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

just keep checking. that's the only solid advice, honestly.

I doubt the employees would be able to tell you exactly when the award seats would be loaded into the system.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Several threads going that report zero saver awards out for next summer, anywhere!

I'm hoping it's just a "merger" issue that will work itself out. But my gut is telling me this is our "new" airline....
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:14 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AZjohns
Several threads going that report zero saver awards out for next summer, anywhere!

I'm hoping it's just a "merger" issue that will work itself out. But my gut is telling me this is our "new" airline....
I've always found the 331 days thing to be a myth. Many times, the day the flights are loaded into the system for the first time, there is no award availability...Sometimes it takes a week, sometimes a month, and sometimes never. All I know is that I got two F savers to OGG in mid-December this year, exactly on the days I wanted (although I couldn't get ORD-OGG direct, but what's a few hours on the west coast?)

I booked it in April--about 8 months ahead, and there was saver F and Y available all over the place--my day and days on either side of our departure and return. I actually had OPTIONS on the days I wanted--so was able to effectively dodge the 767, get a widebody between ORD-SFO, etc.

I also found NC space to HKG for October of this year. Booked that in probably February. And already found NC space to PVG/HKG (again, exactly on the dates I wanted) for April of next year.

From my experience, 6, 7, 8 months or so is the key. Also, keep you airport options open--if you have to buy a $70 island hopper because you could only get to OGG or HNL, it's worth it.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by klctlc
I am a 1K on United and was trying to book 4 saver awards from ORD to LIH. I was looking to book two one ways, the fist was on 7/25/12. I started calling in at 12:01 am cst 331 days in advance and checking the internet site. Stayed up until 3am, then started again at 7am. Only 40,000 option for one way, was available online.. I have called into the 1k desk and they said it appeared there was a two month lag on the saver awards???? So it is not 331 days it is closer to 270 days from departure. Has anybody else had luck in booking saver awards to Hawaii? What was your strategy?

Thanks in advance.
I would not expect to see this inventory loaded until there is a better picture as to what service to HI will look like next summer. The focus is now on capacity cuts to increase profits. The "loser" in that is award travel, followed by deep discounts.

This doesn't mean that there won't be saver awards, simply that until there is better experiential data in the system, UACO isn't going to release inventory.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by MBS PremExec
I've always found the 331 days thing to be a myth. Many times, the day the flights are loaded into the system for the first time, there is no award availability...Sometimes it takes a week, sometimes a month, and sometimes never. All I know is that I got two F savers to OGG in mid-December this year, exactly on the days I wanted (although I couldn't get ORD-OGG direct, but what's a few hours on the west coast?)

I booked it in April--about 8 months ahead, and there was saver F and Y available all over the place--my day and days on either side of our departure and return. I actually had OPTIONS on the days I wanted--so was able to effectively dodge the 767, get a widebody between ORD-SFO, etc.

I also found NC space to HKG for October of this year. Booked that in probably February. And already found NC space to PVG/HKG (again, exactly on the dates I wanted) for April of next year.

From my experience, 6, 7, 8 months or so is the key. Also, keep you airport options open--if you have to buy a $70 island hopper because you could only get to OGG or HNL, it's worth it.
He is talking about economy class saver seats.

These had never been a problem with UA, until recently.

Dismal availability for BOS-ORD, BOS-SFO, BOS-IAD.

If I can't get to these gateway cities, how am I going to other places around the world?

Even if I find saver C/F on UA or *A, I still can't book the awards since there is no availability between BOS to the gateways.

Really, really frustrating!
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Platinum, 1k, mm united, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by AZjohns

Don't think so, I just MCO for the same time and it came up 12500 for mileage. Hawaii is just so popular.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Saver Award Availability...Or the lack thereof

Trying to get to Buenos Aires (EZE) from Chicago (ORD). United's only route is ORD-IAD-EZE and Continental will fly ORD-IAH-EZE.

I looked at other routes, like flying from Chicago to Sau Paulo and then hopping a short flight to BA on TAM airlines.

However, there are zero (0) Business Class Saver Awards available from 12/31/11 through 4/1/12. Is EZE a popular destination or am I searching too late or am I falling victim to the merger award availability fiasco?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
I'd say a popular destination w/limited capacity. In both 2009 and 2010, I loooked for C class saver award inventory for late January to mid-March. Both times I started looking in Aug/Sept and the C class awards (ORD-IAD-EZE) would only pop up every few weeks....and they'd only be available for maybe a day and then zero out again. Fwiw, I also vaguely recall that January seemd to have the "most" availability.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 4:50 pm

I am a 1K on United and was trying to book 4 saver awards from ORD to LIH. I was looking to book two one ways, the fist was on 7/25/12. I started calling in at 12:01 am cst 331 days in advance and checking the internet site. Stayed up until 3am, then started again at 7am. Only 40,000 option for one way, was available online.. I have called into the 1k desk and they said it appeared there was a two month lag on the saver awards???? So it is not 331 days it is closer to 270 days from departure. Has anybody else had luck in booking saver awards to Hawaii? What was your strategy?

Thanks in advance.
On Continental.com the entire calendar is blue- so Business/First availability is there but no Saver coach availability.

Four tickets are available on ORD HNL in Business, as an example, connecting to WP HNL-LIH.

Originally Posted by LRMErnst
Trying to get to Buenos Aires (EZE) from Chicago (ORD). United's only route is ORD-IAD-EZE and Continental will fly ORD-IAH-EZE.

I looked at other routes, like flying from Chicago to Sau Paulo and then hopping a short flight to BA on TAM airlines.

However, there are zero (0) Business Class Saver Awards available from 12/31/11 through 4/1/12. Is EZE a popular destination or am I searching too late or am I falling victim to the merger award availability fiasco?
I see a couple of First awards on UA. Also check out COPA availability (though 10+ hours in a 737 may not be the best )

Last edited by belfordrocks; Aug 29, 2011 at 5:45 pm
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by MBS PremExec

Trips booked for 2011 were no problem, I grabbed a 25K MSP to BDL R/T for the 4th of July on June 30, 2011

The problem is with flights after May 2012.

Something has changed, hopefully it's just a merger issue
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:13 pm

Don't think so, I just MCO for the same time and it came up 12500 for mileage. Hawaii is just so popular.

What route and what dates ?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 8:17 pm

booked Rt from Denver to Naples, Italy

Data Points: my wife and I plan to take a bike tour in Pulgia, Italy next May. After reading the comments on this thread this morning I searched to see what was available on United or Continental using award travel. Here is what I discovered:

Denver to Rome: 110,000 miles per person on UAL (RT)
Denver to Naples: 60,000 miles per person on UAL (RT)
Denver to Naples: 110,000 miles per person on CAl (RT)

The dates for travel were exactly the same and our search specified economy class. Since we were going to have to take a train from either Rome (5 hours) or Naples (3 hours) to Bari we were obviously very happy to book UAL to Naples. On our return to Denver we could have a stop over in Munich for the same amount of miles althrough the taxes and fee were about 60% higher. Our return flight from Naples-Munich-Frankfurt-Denver is entirely on Lufthansa
Old Aug 29, 2011, 9:22 pm

I have no idea where you got those numbers from, but both UA and CO charge 60K rt for a coach award or 100K rt for a business award from DEN-NAP.

Look on Continental.com which shows you saver/partner *A availability on two-month long calendars (or ANA tool for more advanced itineraries).
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
I have no idea where you got those numbers from, but both UA and CO charge 60K rt for a coach award or 100K rt for a business award from DEN-NAP.

This is what I don't understand, I can fly on Saturday May 12,2012 from Denver to Naples and return on Saturday May 19 for 60K miles but on the same exact dates it's 50K miles from Minneapolis to Connecticut R/T

It's also 60K from Minneapolis to Italy, something isn't right

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.