Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA G
CO must really want to collect those damn close-in fees... that CO so nicely reintroduced after UA killed them a few years back. Thanks a lot, CO.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
One thing to always remember, if there are only standard economy award tickets available, check to see if there is saver F inventory (for the same price as standard Y)
Thanks for replying. I am thinking I may go for it. Never flown first before. I'm not sure how welcome my 6 and 9 year olds will be there though. I doubt my lovely wife will let me up in first while she gets to ride in back with the kids but one can dream...

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Continental.com reveals availability for 3 in business/first on US/UA from ORD-OGG for example in July '12. So the availability's definitely there.
Thanks, I am trying to search for one seat first now and then trying for more when I see something available. A couple do show up if I don't ask for four. Also, CO seems better then UA for this flight.

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
The key for me is to be flexible, and look daily, if not twice a day.
Looks like I have a new hobby! Thanks.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 23, 2011 at 10:17 am Reason: merge
Old Aug 23, 2011, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by kdjk5467
I'm not sure how welcome my 6 and 9 year olds will be there though.
If you buy the tickets, who cares what others think? (although you may want to shower them that morning, and remind them that F on an airplane is a good place for your inside voice...)
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I booked 4 saver award tickets for early Aug. 2011 back in Feb. At the time, XY/NY was wide open. Back in Nov, 2010, I booked 4 saver award tickets for Feb, 2011, but later cancelled.

The key for me is to be flexible, and look daily, if not twice a day.

Edit: Both of the above were for DEN-OGG direct flights.

I think you're going to find saver flights (40K for your route) to be hard to find in 2012 although I did find some searching in May 2012. So now I can get a flight from Denver to Hawaii for 40K but it's 50K for ANY flight from Minneapolis to Connecticut ? That doesn't make any sense. Hopefully after the merger it will straighten out.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by unavaca
CO must really want to collect those damn close-in fees... that CO so nicely reintroduced after UA killed them a few years back. Thanks a lot, CO.
CO has always been bad but right now it is worse than Delta and this is a new low for them. For 3 straight weeks in 2012 I can't find a single seat
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA G
Hmph, now having trouble finding XC on SFO-JFK routes, too. What the heck, CO?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:09 am

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
yeah, availability is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE right now. Im hoping it's part of a merger holdback which they will sort and make more consistent, although I don't hold out hope for as good as UA was.

For me, this is the last straw. Not to say I'll never fly UACO again- I will for sure. But now we see as channa has often forewarned- UA was a great airline and flies no more. CO by any other name is still CO. Best bet is for $misek to get some kind of cash out and get a real airline exec into his role with a long term vision for building a great airline.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by JSlo
yeah, availability is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE right now. Im hoping it's part of a merger holdback which they will sort and make more consistent, although I don't hold out hope for as good as UA was.

For me, this is the last straw....
Point of reference: Even Delta didn't shut down the superbly (relatively) user friendly NWA.com award booking engine with far superior availability until much later in the merger process.

Not sure what I'll do, but I will say this: I love to use my miles for award travel, and unlike some here, I don't mind just getting decent value for miles from domestic saver awards, I do it quite often. UA's far superior award availability for this purpose was a major factor in my starting to fly UACO again last year. Now that advantage is gone.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 2:54 pm

One thing I did notice is I can get a hotel that is $300 + a night on the beach outside Clearwater Florida for 23,400 UA Miles. If the saver flights don't come back I'll use my miles this way rather than use 50K miles for a 3 hour flight
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:36 pm

Or use 100K miles for a partner transatlantic J flight- which still has some really good availability (some tatl flights are showing 8 award seats open in J)
Old Aug 28, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Continental.com reveals availability for 3 in business/first on US/UA from ORD-OGG for example in July '12. So the availability's definitely there.
three seats the whole month? how generous
Old Aug 28, 2011, 10:41 pm

No, three seats for the SAME flight on one given day . There are probably more dates/flights available throughout the month.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Renard
three seats the whole month? how generous
That's UA availability of course - I'd be shocked if you saw any CO availability to Hawaii.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: MR Lifetime Platinum, 1k, mm united, Hyatt Diamond
United not releasing saver awards to Hawaii?

I am a 1K on United and was trying to book 4 saver awards from ORD to LIH. I was looking to book two one ways, the fist was on 7/25/12. I started calling in at 12:01 am cst 331 days in advance and checking the internet site. Stayed up until 3am, then started again at 7am. Only 40,000 option for one way, was available online.. I have called into the 1k desk and they said it appeared there was a two month lag on the saver awards???? So it is not 331 days it is closer to 270 days from departure. Has anybody else had luck in booking saver awards to Hawaii? What was your strategy?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
You probably wouldn't have had an issue doing so a year or two ago. No shortage of success stories redeeming to HI. But times have changed with the new regime...

Welcome to FT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.