Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

An open question to moderators RE: this United consolidated forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An open question to moderators RE: this United consolidated forum

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
The only reason for the subforums at this point are:
1. Existing threads
2. Discussing specific aircraft

For reason #2, that's not enough of a reason, as that can easily be dealt with in the consolidate forum
Old Mar 5, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: United GS, MM
Regardless of where you came from, we are all now united on United. Stop the sub-forums and let's move forward.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by woodway
Well, don't be too hasty. In order to merge operations here, I have to imagine there is a whole lot of moderator training that has to go on. I mean PMUA and PMCO mods have to learn to mod using the same processes and procedures! This will take months of prep and training. Then, they will have to have to take the forums offline for several hours while the threads are merged. During that time, we will all have to post new threads via fax machine. Finally, there will be all the post merger issues...thread priority, missing threads, etc., etc. Are you guys sure you really want to go through all that?
And new posts will not appear immediately but rather once every 24 hours when the post sweep occurs. On the plus side if you pay a small additional fee to FT you can insta-post....
Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:05 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Beerman92
On the plus side if you pay a small additional fee to FT you can insta-post....
For you ...it's a large additional fee, directly to me. (Hope you've been well.)
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by l'etoile
For you ...it's a large additional fee, directly to me. (Hope you've been well.)
The check is in the mail
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by joshwex90
The only reason for the subforums at this point are:
1. Existing threads
2. Discussing specific aircraft

For reason #2, that's not enough of a reason, as that can easily be dealt with in the consolidate forum
How is #2 even a reason? All specific aircraft are in the consolidated United fleet now.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
You're right, and that's why I don't really consider it a reason. I was looking at the maximum explanation for why NOT to consolidate. It's not really a reason. (The explanation of the reason is: to discuss aircraft which are difference between the PMCO and PMUA versions, such as 752s and 772s.)
At the end of the day, if there's a way of finding all relevant threads and moving them over, and simply closing others, or even keeping existing threads open (until the simply run their course), and lock the sub-forums to any new threads, that makes the most sense.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: CO Platinum / BA Gold
So, when are the sub forums going to be deleted?

Now we are all one big happy post-integration family, are the separate CO/UA sub forums going to be deleted?

I did wonder if we were going to have our own little 'customer day 1' moment on 3/3

(In seriousness, now the EUA/UDU process has merged the biggest reason to have separate sub forums has disappeared. A sticky thread on how to identify which config/crew is flying your flight might be worth having though.)
Old Mar 9, 2012, 4:19 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Not deleted, just locked.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: VAG
If it's possible to move some of the threads across then that would be worth doing, otherwise a few should be re-started in the combined forum.

For instance, the "Guide to where to sit on [random aircraft type]" threads are extremely valuable.

And I don't know what we'd do without "What's the least substantive thing you can think of to complain about?" thread.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 2:27 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Jorgen
And I don't know what we'd do without "What's the least substantive thing you can think of to complain about?" thread.
Threads like that warrant a partition. Lock that one as the historical PMUA thread, and open a new one here so we can rant about the petty things we don't like of the new UA.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 2:33 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by mduell
They've had over a year to get used to it. The continued allowance of threads in the wrong forums is just creating confusion.
Originally Posted by Doug51
Regardless of where you came from, we are all now united on United. Stop the sub-forums and let's move forward.
+1
Old Mar 10, 2012, 3:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by mduell
They've had over a year to get used to it. The continued allowance of threads in the wrong forums is just creating confusion.
Agree. I rarely go to the PM forums in the last 6 mos. But then I have to to find certain things. Would be much easier if it was all in the consolidated forum.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
Please

Just to simplify it for all of us

Let's get UNITED even if it hurts
Old Mar 10, 2012, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by CHIC SILBER
Just to simplify it for all of us

Let's get UNITED even if it hurts
Apparently it doesn't matter what most members want. The silence is telling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.