Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

An open question to moderators RE: this United consolidated forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An open question to moderators RE: this United consolidated forum

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Apparently it doesn't matter what most members want. The silence is telling.
+1 - this would be a perfect occasion for a poll
Old Mar 10, 2012, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Apparently it doesn't matter what most members want. The silence is telling.
+2. Leave the PMCO and PMUA boards open to continuing comment on existing threads, but lock the boards to new threads.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by halls120
+2. Leave the PMCO and PMUA boards open to continuing comment on existing threads, but lock the boards to new threads.
+3
Old Mar 18, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
A lot of the Pre-Merger United Airlines MileagePlus threads and the Pre-Merger Continental OnePass Threads are still very much alive and seeing daily activity from topics that are very much on-going.
My question to the mods is (and anyone else who might know), is it possible to bring both of those sub-sections under the main post-merger "Consolidated United MileagePlus" umbrella, by adding "(United Mileage Plus - Pre-Merger)" or "(Continental OnePass - Pre-Merger)" to the Thread Title instead of making it a completely separate Sub-Section?

This would eliminate re-postings and topics that are still ongoing from dying off to be restarted again.

Thanks

Originally Posted by ThunderStorm00
A lot of the Pre-Merger United Airlines MileagePlus threads and the Pre-Merger Continental OnePass Threads are still very much alive and seeing daily activity from topics that are very much on-going.
My question to the mods is (and anyone else who might know), is it possible to bring both of those sub-sections under the main post-merger "Consolidated United MileagePlus" umbrella, by adding "(United Mileage Plus - Pre-Merger)" or "(Continental OnePass - Pre-Merger)" to the Thread Title instead of making it a completely separate Sub-Section?

This would eliminate re-postings and topics that are still ongoing from dying off to be restarted again.

Thanks

Moving my post to another dead area still doesn't solve anything -- My suggestion was to actually ADD after the various thread titles sitting in the Pre-Merger forums something to the effect of "(United Mileage Plus - Pre-Merger)" or "(Continental OnePass - Pre-Merger)" and bring it under the consolidated forum. This might be achieved by running some sort of Script? Of course, perhaps that is way too complicated? I'm not sure what kind of tools you guys have access to?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 18, 2012 at 2:22 pm Reason: merge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.