Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

An open question to moderators RE: this United consolidated forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An open question to moderators RE: this United consolidated forum

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 4:20 pm

Enough already - there is absolutely no need to be hostile and argumentative but there is certainly a need to value other opinions and let the entire community share their perspective. The trend of ram-rodding a personal opinion without concern for others is simply unacceptable, as is a handful of members assuming that they speak on behalf of the entire community.

If you can not learn how to play well in this sandbox then you will be asked to play elsewhere.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 4:25 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I've just removed a few off-topic posts. We would like your input, but some of the potshots and non-constructive posts are making it difficult for us to get that, and to keep this thread open.

Keep in mind we've only heard from a small percentage of people who post on these forums. Some of you have made your feelings extremely clear on the matter; how about taking a step back and giving some of the other members a chance to provide their feedback?

Thanks,

l'etoile
UA co-moderator
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Andy1369
My take on this is... while it's certainly not confusing to me, it's annoying. The merger hasn't even completed yet; the programs are still separate; and it's just too early. From what I remember, the DL and NW forums weren't merged until after the merger completed.

I do like the idea of an consolidated forum where members can post questions specifically pertaining to the merger (e.g: Will there be Chapter 9 after the merger: Speculation), but it gets confusing and the line becomes blurred.

My personal preference would be to keep both forums separate (UA and CO) until after the merger has completed, the programs are one, and CO officially doesn't exist anymore.

I hope you rethink this decision. No offense meant at all - I do appreciate the effort.
I agree with Andy on all points.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:52 pm

I don't have a problem with this consolidated forum because it saves me from reading two different forums. I only use this one now and don't care about the pre-merger ones.

So no complaints here.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:03 pm

Isn't this consolidation of forums a bit premature? I don't recall the NW forums being assimilated into the DL forum quite so quickly!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 16, 2011 at 11:18 pm Reason: moved into appropriate thread
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Will the UA +CO forums combine?

Just asking, will the 2 forums be merged next month?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I'll bet it happens whenever we aren't having "UA" and "CO" issues still, so prob sometime in March.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
For the most part, it already is.

My guess is it will stay like the DL forum has evolved... There is the merged DL forum, and it still contains 2 seprate (daughter) forums NW and PMDL (the daughter forums, get very limited play, and the old threads that still carry value get merged in as needed).

Last edited by jhayes_1780; Feb 29, 2012 at 2:38 pm
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA/CO 1K, AA Gold, SPG PP, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
For the most part, it already is.

My guess is it will stay like the DL forum has evolved... There is the merged DL forum, and it still contains 2 seprate (daughter) forums NW and PMDL (the daughter forums, get very limited play, and the old threads that still carry value get merged in as needed).
It's really not. You have to read at least two in order to make sure you don't miss anything. If UA and CO can have a single web site on March 3, why can't we? There's nothing stopping people from reminiscing in the new, consolidated forum. Let's just get on with it.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Discussed here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...march-3-a.html

and answered in the simple questions thread at the top of the forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18062448-post1488.html
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:27 pm
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Originally Posted by Strom
It's really not. You have to read at least two in order to make sure you don't miss anything. If UA and CO can have a single web site on March 3, why can't we? There's nothing stopping people from reminiscing in the new, consolidated forum. Let's just get on with it.
agreed. the moderators need to stop cherrypicking stuff out of the main United forum and putting it into the PMCO/PMUA forums. We're no longer PMCO/PMUA. It's United - we need to move on even if the FA's don't want to.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I'm amazed it's still 3 forums... hard to follow. Surely they'll merge it all together on 3/3?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mduell
I'm amazed it's still 3 forums... hard to follow. Surely they'll merge it all together on 3/3?
I could not disagree more. It's hard to follow because FTers hate following rules when they want to rant. Mods were spot on in having three forums.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: UA/CO 1K, AA Gold, SPG PP, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aacharya
I could not disagree more. It's hard to follow because FTers hate following rules when they want to rant. Mods were spot on in having three forums.
I think you're the first person to suggest that March 2012 is still too soon to merge the 3 UA and CO-related forums. All of the previous posts about the consolidation being premature were from early 2011, so I want to make sure we understand your point.

Can you (or anyone else) elaborate a bit? When do you think we should merge the forums and what are examples of why having three separate forums is still useful, e.g. for ranting?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
There are many threads in the CO and UA forums that pertain only to PMCO or PMUA. As suggested earlier, the UA forum should look just like DL. One main forum for DL, and then a sub-forum for NW & PMDL.

I would hope that the mods keep the PM forums open, as there will be threads in there that may still be relevant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.