Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
"Jeff ghiveaway on 9/12"?

On the thread for people hacked off about PQDs, I saw a comment to the effect that there will be a lot of people with high status (I forget what) "after Jeff's giveaway on 9/12."

I looked around some and didn't find anything, and assuming we mean Smisek he hasn't given anyone anything I know of other than projectile vomiting.

What is this giveaway? Thanks,

FTF
Old Sep 19, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
What is this giveaway?
The $0 mistake fares.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:41 pm

Programs: continental,united,american
First class award tkt -?what if flight canceled

I had award first class seats TLV-EWR-SFO. EWR-SFO flight canceled, I was given coach seat on another flight. Do I have any right to "compensation" for losing the FC seat I pd many miles for? EG, miles, upgrades, etc?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:47 pm

Status with United and US airways

I have silver status with both United and US airways. One is through accrual and another as complimentary through another membership. I will be travelling both airlines but want to use one of those to achieve gold status which will give me Star Alliance gold. Assuming I continue using US airways number on United, does united still honor silver status on their flights?

Thanks
-Sri
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by sparvatham
I have silver status with both United and US airways. One is through accrual and another as complimentary through another membership. I will be travelling both airlines but want to use one of those to achieve gold status which will give me Star Alliance gold. Assuming I continue using US airways number on United, does united still honor silver status on their flights?

Thanks
-Sri
They do recognize *S, but the benefits are almost non-existent. You will get a free bag but no Premier Access boarding.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 8:13 am

Priority Boarding

As an United Premier Silver member, do I still get priority boarding even when I use US airways Frequent Flier Number?

Thanks,
-Sri
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
As an United Premier Silver member, do I still get priority boarding even when I use US airways Frequent Flier Number?

Thanks,
-Sri
No. Why would you if you're not using the number that gives you Priority Boarding?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:41 am

I will be flying LIM-IAH-YVR on UA. Arriving in IAH 6:25am and departing 5:50pm, so 11:25 connection. Will I have to hold on to my luggage during the connection, or will it be checked through all the way from LIM to YVR?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:57 am

Buy up to BF when checking in via LH?

I am about to check in for the return portion of an IAD-FRA-MAD itinerary. United is forcing me to check in using the LH site for the return portion. Does LH offer a way to buy up to BF (for the FRA-IAD segment) during their check in process? Given that this would apply for the UA segment only, I am guessing not. Is there any way to seek that option while staying on the UA site?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trixie2004
I am about to check in for the return portion of an IAD-FRA-MAD itinerary. United is forcing me to check in using the LH site for the return portion. Does LH offer a way to buy up to BF (for the FRA-IAD segment) during their check in process? Given that this would apply for the UA segment only, I am guessing not. Is there any way to seek that option while staying on the UA site?
United isn't forcing you to do anything. But to answer your question - try it on UA after the LH check-in.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
United isn't forcing you to do anything. But to answer your question - try it on UA after the LH check-in.
Actually, UA is not permitting me to check in via their site. And UA is not permitting me to print a boarding pass via their site. They redirect me to the LH site since that's where the return leg originates even though the second segment is on UA metal. I can't find any way around that. Anyways, i have checked in now. So where on the UA site would it allow me to buy up to BF? My previous experience is that I am presented that opportunity only via the Print Boading Passes button when I view the reservation. I don't think they provide that option under their Recommended Addons section of the reservation. So, is there any other way to get at the buy-up without being forced to go through LH? Thanks.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, UA is not permitting me to check in via their site. And UA is not permitting me to print a boarding pass via their site. They redirect me to the LH site since that's where the return leg originates. So, is there any other way to get at the buy-up without being forced to go through LH? Thanks.
It's normal airline policy to check-in on the return flights with the operating carrier.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
It's normal airline policy to check-in on the return flights with the operating carrier.
Okay, so I gather that this feature is simply inaccessible due to UA not being the first flight of the leg.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:26 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Okay, so I gather that this feature is simply inaccessible due to UA not being the first flight of the leg.
Suppose you can always try at the connecting airport. If no kiosk, try with agent, or if you have internet access see if you can re checkin for UA leg.

EmailKid
Old Sep 20, 2013, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold

Thanks,
-Sri
you might be able to start with having your UA# on the reservation, checkin and print out the boarding pass which i think would show group 2 for star alliance silver. then call in to change to your US# before the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.