Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A320

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: economyplusfan
A320 12F/42E+/96E-

There is now only one configuration of the United A320:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...numbering.html

Standard A320 (320)
SeatGuru A320 Seat Map - http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...irbus_A320.php

Airbus A320 Mainline Configuration

FIRST CLASS

The mainline configuration A320 has 12 First Class seats. These are your usual domestic seats. Stated pitch is 38” and the width is 20.5”. Seats 1A and 1B have a small cutout at foot level in the bulkhead that gives you a much-appreciated two inches of extra space. 1E and 1F lack this cutout and as such feels tight, but not like the 757. While you cannot stretch out in Row 1, you can cross your legs, in general. The seat recline on the A320 is quite generous, with the caveat that if the person in front of you is fully reclined, it is difficult to get out of the aisle seat and exiting the window seat will require the aisle seat to step into the aisle.

The standard 320 have cloth seats; the converted TED aircraft have leather seats.

Note - at one time, UA A320s used to have tremendous legroom in Row 1 - we're talking into the upper 40 inches, but the planes had their seating reconfigured and now seem to be closer to the stated pitch.

ECONOMY PLUS CLASS – ROWS 7-21
Rows 7, 20, and 21 are the best on the plane, hands down, in terms of legroom. Each is well into the mid-40's, if not more.
Row 7 has a cutout under the first-class divider, which allows bag storage and/or additional legroom. Bag storage is possible even for seats 7C and 7D.
Row 21 is an exit row and Row 20 has additional legroom.
Unfortunately, all have armrests that extend to the seat cushion to hold the tray tables. However, the extra one inch of seat width the Airbus Twins have over Boeing narrowbodies (18" vs. 17") helps here. Rows 8 and 10 have 36" pitch. Also note that Row 20 has limited recline so as to not impede egress through the second Window Exit (Row 21).

ECONOMY CLASS – ROWS 22-38

Pitch is very tight at 31", but at least the seats are wider then the 757.

Moderator's Note - Older posts from this thread may be found here.

For seating advice on the Airbus A319, please see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rbus-a319.html

Related threads:
Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)

Consolidated Where to Sit on a United Plane Threads
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by crenshaw
Does anyone know why the United website (when choosing seats on an Airbus 320) indicates the following for row 7 ?

7B
Economy Plus
(No under-seat storage)

I was on a 319 last week with slimline and the bulkhead wall was just like before -- has plenty of space at the bottom to slip your carry-on behind the FC cabin (provided the blankets or other FA gear hasn't already been placed there)
If you were on an A319, then your observations don't reveal anything about the A320 configuration. And UA has three different A320 configurations, some of them have under-seat storage for 7B and some don't.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ
If you were on an A319, then your observations don't reveal anything about the A320 configuration. And UA has three different A320 configurations, some of them have under-seat storage for 7B and some don't.
I was in 7A on a newer A320 yesterday and there was a ton of space with a big opening into the first cabin (the bulkhead didn't go all the way to the floor). That said, the FA told the passenger in 7D that the space in front of his seat was for the crew's use. Nothing said to the others in the row.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hans
I was in 7A on a newer A320 yesterday and there was a ton of space with a big opening into the first cabin (the bulkhead didn't go all the way to the floor). That said, the FA told the passenger in 7D that the space in front of his seat was for the crew's use. Nothing said to the others in the row.
I've never seen a 320 without the cut-out. I believe the statement about no underseat storage relates to the point you identified, namely that it is sometimes reserved for crew use.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've never seen a 320 without the cut-out.
That probably depends on the routes you fly. I don't think the X-TED planes (about 25% of the A320 fleet) have usable floor space for row 7.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:28 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Does the row 21 exit row on New Recaro and before Recaro have the same room or is just like standard e+?

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:45 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by boycruz
Does the row 21 exit row on New Recaro and before Recaro have the same room or is just like standard e+? ....
As an exit row there will be more legspace than standard E+. Appears to me to be fairly similiar pre- & post-Recaro.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: Continental
A320 FC Seat question

One of my flights changed to an A320...have they changed the seats in the FC cabin when they did the slimline "upgrade" in coach?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
No. FC seats are the same. UA is evaluating a new domestic F seating product which presumably would be installed on the narrowbody fleet at a later time.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: Continental
Thanks
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EWR764
.... UA is evaluating a new domestic F seating product which presumably would be installed on the narrowbody fleet at a later time.
I don't like the sound of that.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
Exit Row Armrest ?

Are the armrests in the exit rows on the slimline A320s fixed with the tray table inside like it says on SeatGuru or are they just standard armrests with the tray table in the seatback?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:33 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iahkid2014
Are the armrests in the exit rows on the slimline A320s fixed with the tray table inside like it says on SeatGuru or are they just standard armrests with the tray table in the seatback?
I just checked a friend's post on Facebook and the pictures seem to indicate the tray tables are in the seatback.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by CMK10
I just checked a friend's post on Facebook and the pictures seem to indicate the tray tables are in the seatback.
Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:17 pm

Seat 38f

Hello all! I was seeking advice regarding my upcoming flight on a United a320. I'm not sure which version it is, but I think my question will generally be the same for both. Currently, I have 38f reserved, which is the window seat in the last row of the plane, for two different flights (corporate booked these for me). The remaining open seats on each are 37e and 31e. I am quite small, so I usually don't mind sitting in the middle. Do you think these would be preferable to sitting in the back, or is there some other advantage to the window seat?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Old May 15, 2015, 4:52 pm

Front seats on an a320?

Hello,

I recently booked a flight on United from IAH to BWI. The aircraft is an a320 with 3 rows of first. I was curious as to whether or not anyone had recently flown on this type of aircraft in the past and knew which were the best seats for a rather tall individual (myself).

I was also curious as to the meal service. This flight is in the morning and serves breakfast. I have heard horror stories regarding the breakfast offerings of United; however, I have also heard that they have made significant improvements. Does anyone have any recent experience with United's domestic breakfast. What's more, does United practice the FEBO (first even, back odd) method when taking breakfast orders?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.