Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Oahu or Maui? Give me a buzz if you're here on Maui.
Always Oahu. Her brother lives here. Stay at the Kahala. Trust me, if we were in Maui ,you and I would be having Mai Tais right now! House built yet? Must be beautiful! Can't imagine a better place to live than where you are at.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Was invited to a sneak peek at the new Polaris Lounge yesterday in Chicago before it opens today. I was blown away!! United has exceeded my expectations in so many ways!!! When I heard last year that they were shutting down all the First Class Lounges around the world, it more than disappointed me , it pissed me off. I was expecting Polaris to be a "dummied down" version of a FCL. OMG! The complete opposite !! This new lounge is now the best United lounge ever!! Even much better than the London FCL!!! Well done United. You exceeded your own hype!!!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Was invited to a sneak peek at the new Polaris Lounge yesterday in Chicago before it opens today. I was blown away!! United has exceeded my expectations in so many ways!!! When I heard last year that they were shutting down all the First Class Lounges around the world, it more than disappointed me , it pissed me off. I was expecting Polaris to be a "dummied down" version of a FCL. OMG! The complete opposite !! This new lounge is now the best United lounge ever!! Even much better than the London FCL!!! Well done United. You exceeded your own hype!!!
Well that pretty much settles it then.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Even much better than the London FCL!!! Well done United. You exceeded your own hype!!!
Big words, from the man who knows. Looking forward to getting back to ORD to see it soon. Thanks for the report ua1flyer!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Dude, it wouldn't hurt to show some enthusiasm every once in a while
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Even much better than the London FCL!!!
Those are big words there, Tom! Glad to hear & thanks for your input.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Safe to assume you'll get / already have access to one of those wine lockers that is being reserved for top UA customers?
Old Dec 25, 2016, 2:02 pm

First of all, a very Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year as well. For all of you traveling over the holidays a safe journey. Last week of travel for me ,but my best week all year. It started last Monday flying up to New Hampshire for the day to land the biggest contract for the year! Home on Tuesday where my wife spoiled me for my 63rd birthday. Wednesday morning ,I flew to Chicago to pick up my youngest son for some 1 on 1 time for 2 days in Cancun. Friday afternoon we returned to Chicago to Catch up with my oldest son, his wife and my granddaughter for a good old fashion Christmas celebration. Saturday I flew back to New Jersey to celebrate Christmas Eve with my wife and her extended family (of over 40) , came home to watch It's a Wonderful Life for the 156th time(still love it) , exchanged presents and went to bed just before midnight. Got up early Christmas morning, caught a flight to Chicago to connect to a flight to Hong Kong. ( ending up in Phuket) And who did I meet up with in the Polaris Lounge? Oscar Munoz and his family! Where were they going? Nowhere! They were all there to visit and spend time with the employees working at O'hare on Christmas!! How many CEO's and their families are doing that today? God bless all of you and God bless all my friends at United!!!
Old Dec 25, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
First of all, a very Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year as well. For all of you traveling over the holidays a safe journey. Last week of travel for me ,but my best week all year. It started last Monday flying up to New Hampshire for the day to land the biggest contract for the year! Home on Tuesday where my wife spoiled me for my 63rd birthday. Wednesday morning ,I flew to Chicago to pick up my youngest son for some 1 on 1 time for 2 days in Cancun. Friday afternoon we returned to Chicago to Catch up with my oldest son, his wife and my granddaughter for a good old fashion Christmas celebration. Saturday I flew back to New Jersey to celebrate Christmas Eve with my wife and her extended family (of over 40) , came home to watch It's a Wonderful Life for the 156th time(still love it) , exchanged presents and went to bed just before midnight. Got up early Christmas morning, caught a flight to Chicago to connect to a flight to Hong Kong. ( ending up in Phuket) And who did I meet up with in the Polaris Lounge? Oscar Munoz and his family! Where were they going? Nowhere! They were all there to visit and spend time with the employees working at O'hare on Christmas!! How many CEO's and their families are doing that today? God bless all of you and God bless all my friends at United!!!
That is pretty cool that Oscar and his family would spend time with the people who had to work on Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you too.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

And who did I meet up with in the Polaris Lounge? Oscar Munoz and his family! Where were they going? Nowhere! They were all there to visit and spend time with the employees working at O'hare on Christmas!! How many CEO's and their families are doing that today? God bless all of you and God bless all my friends at United!!!
^^ to Oscar for demonstrating good leadership.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
All the best, Tom, and Merry Christmas! Great to hear about Oscar. Thanks for your valuable insight.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Just curious, is your whole family on the same "get up and go!" train as you, or does anyone ever get tired and take a break? My family thinks I'm nuts because I'm in that "get up and go!" category... it hasn't seemed to rub off on the rest of them. :-)

Another awesome Christmas movie that's often overlooked is "Meet John Doe" with Barbara Stanwyck and Gary Cooper. I'll refund the cost if you watch it and don't like it (it's available for free on youtube, since it's in the public domain).
Old Dec 26, 2016, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Cool about Oscar but sorry YOU had to fly on Christmas!
Old Dec 26, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Cool about Oscar but sorry YOU had to fly on Christmas!
I wouldn't worry too much about Tom having to fly when he'd prefer not to. He's got things pretty well figured out. Besides, not much of a stretch to consider UA part of his extended family.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Just curious, is your whole family on the same "get up and go!" train as you, or does anyone ever get tired and take a break? My family thinks I'm nuts because I'm in that "get up and go!" category... it hasn't seemed to rub off on the rest of them. :-)

Another awesome Christmas movie that's often overlooked is "Meet John Doe" with Barbara Stanwyck and Gary Cooper. I'll refund the cost if you watch it and don't like it (it's available for free on youtube, since it's in the public domain).
For the most part , the whole family is ok with "get up and go" mentality. My wife is just short of 3 million BIS, all from vacationing. One of the zillion reasons I love about her is her spontaneity. At our first Christmas I gave her a globe and told her that I want to show her the world. As far as Meet John Doe, great movie ! Same director. Also did Mr Deeds and I believe Mr Smith goes to Washington. I am all about feel good movies. I wish there was more of those types of movies made these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.