Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid Testing for UK Travel - London Based Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
So, what may be a dumb question, but here goes...

Will be visiting UK late September for 1 week, from USA (amber- fully vaccinated) so need to do a "Day 2" test. If I want a less expensive "at home" test, (45 GBP or so), am I supposed to order the test from Randox and have it shipped to my hotel?
Assuming they will accept for me and hang onto it for my arrival?

I guess the other option is to book the test at LHR and just do it directly upon arrival, which may be the less hassle way, but at 69 GBP. So about $33 USD more for convenience, and no risk of hotel losing shipment, etc.

From my readings, seems those are the 2 options and prices, unless anyone has other thoughts?
Nationwide pathology (£40) use Royal Mail,if that makes things easier. No signature required. You post the sample back using any Royal Mail priority box, postage prepaid by NWP.
The _Banking_Scot and DaveS like this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Schwann
The courier company that Randox uses I believe is DPD. Please don't quote me, but you might be able to redirect the package to a designated DPD pick up point to collect. They have them here in convenience stores etc. Alternatively you may be able to delay the delivery once the parcel has been dispatched, again through DPD 's site rather than through Randox.
Originally Posted by bluemoon68
Nationwide pathology (£40) use Royal Mail,if that makes things easier. No signature required. You post the sample back using any Royal Mail priority box, postage prepaid by NWP.
Thanks both. I understand Royal Mail box would be an option instead of Randox. But guess I have the basic idea down though, yeah? Try to arrange for a (slightly) less expensive mail-in version, or just an on-site test upon landing at LHR?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 1:16 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Hello,
hoping for some help with a medic spot home PCs test kit.

it says to register the kit prior to using, however, the web address given takes me to a page that isn’t the same as the kit supplied and so I’m kind of stuck.

if anyone has any experiences with this please let me know,

I did find a UK.Gov site for registration of home pcr kits but it didn’t seem to have a place for the PLF code I have already given for this kit?

thanks for any replies
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:33 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello,
hoping for some help with a medic spot home PCs test kit.

it says to register the kit prior to using, however, the web address given takes me to a page that isn’t the same as the kit supplied and so I’m kind of stuck.

if anyone has any experiences with this please let me know,

I did find a UK.Gov site for registration of home pcr kits but it didn’t seem to have a place for the PLF code I have already given for this kit?

thanks for any replies
update!

found the right website and was able to register it
yippie!
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 12:29 am

What's the dirt-cheapest Day 2 testing company out there right now? I normally use Randox but if there's something that costs half that I'd love to consider them. Thanks!
RB211 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 2:51 am
HB7
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by 13901
What's the dirt-cheapest Day 2 testing company out there right now? I normally use Randox but if there's something that costs half that I'd love to consider them. Thanks!
Randox is still the cheapest that works well. I think Eurofins are 40 GBP, but there has been plenty of bad press about them. I think Expert Medicals who were 28 GBP now cannot be used - or possibly can be but not sure. I think for the moment it is still Randox.
13901 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Nationwide Pathology for £40

https://nwp-online.co.uk/home/p/covi...ted-travellers
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:42 am

Has anyone used Nationwide Pathology for a Fit to Fly test? Going to Canada soon and figuring out my options.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Schwann

Hi,

Thanks. Have booked them for my Day 2 test on return fronm Berlin and have received the reference number for the UK PLF

Regards

TBS
Schwann likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Can anyone supply some info on availability, pricing, and ease of rapid Lateral Flow Test (LFT) for visitors?
How do you find testing sites, how are results delivered, etc?

I have found some into but always seems to be tied into some type of NHS app.

In addition to the Day 2 test process, looks like I will need to have a negative LFT for entry into some football matches I plan to attend, so trying to figure out how to get these.
I will be staying in Stratford area.
Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Can anyone supply some info on availability, pricing, and ease of rapid Lateral Flow Test (LFT) for visitors?
How do you find testing sites, how are results delivered, etc?

I have found some into but always seems to be tied into some type of NHS app.

In addition to the Day 2 test process, looks like I will need to have a negative LFT for entry into some football matches I plan to attend, so trying to figure out how to get these.
I will be staying in Stratford area.
Thanks.
you can use the free NHS ones for events like this. Pick a pack of 7 tests up at a lot of local pharmacies or order online from the NHS. You self report the result to the NHS, who then send you a confirmation email and SMS.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
you can use the free NHS ones for events like this. Pick a pack of 7 tests up at a lot of local pharmacies or order online from the NHS. You self report the result to the NHS, who then send you a confirmation email and SMS.
Great news, thanks. Assume the directions for self-reporting the results are in the test package? I don't need the NHS app or an NHS account or anything?
Just take the self test at the hotel, report the result, and I get an email that allows entry into the Stadium?

Just want to be sure what I am doing with this...thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC
Great news, thanks. Assume the directions for self-reporting the results are in the test package? I don't need the NHS app or an NHS account or anything?
Just take the self test at the hotel, report the result, and I get an email that allows entry into the Stadium?

Just want to be sure what I am doing with this...thanks.
Yep. There are full destructions included in the kit. The reporting website is https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 4:02 am
HB7
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Thanks. Have booked them for my Day 2 test on return fronm Berlin and have received the reference number for the UK PLF

Regards

TBS
Have you had any experience with using them once you arrived back into the UK?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:09 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
expert Medicals 28 GBP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.