Covid Testing for UK Travel - London Based Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid Testing for UK Travel - London Based Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by squawk
I'll be using Randox again in the next few weeks so will update this...
As promised:
  1. Randox day 2 test ordered for fully vaccinated arrival from Germany (green list) late evening on a Sunday, for arriving in the following Saturday.
  2. Dispatched 2 days later on the Tuesday evening via DPD; arrived on the Weds as promised.
  3. I completed the test on day 2 (Monday) leaving it at the central Newcastle drop off at lunchtime.
  4. Email confirming receipt of kit at testing centre arrived Tuesday morning at 9:30
  5. Email confirming negative result arrived Tues evening at 10pm
A bit slower than the first time but absolutely fine overall.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
expert Medicals 28 GBP
They are no longer accredited so cannot be used for Day 2
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:43 am
HB7
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Just a review of Randox testing on my end. I have used them about 5 times over the past two months and I have had no issues. I usually order the kit 4 - 5 days before I'm due to come back to the UK. I always get my results back within 36 hours from the time I drop the box off - although timing is of no concern when I have returned to the UK.
ExpatExp, squawk and sof_lance like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NickB
They are no longer accredited so cannot be used for Day 2
Certainly isn't stopping them selling them and it appears they codes are still being accepted on the PLFs as per Twitter.
HB7 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:21 pm
HB7
Original Poster

Let's hope in 24 hours we no longer need to participate in this scam of the UK gov to travel. Speculation that Day 2 PCR tests and predeparture tests will no longer be required which is great.
Schwann likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by HB7
Just a review of Randox testing on my end. I have used them about 5 times over the past two months and I have had no issues. I usually order the kit 4 - 5 days before I'm due to come back to the UK. I always get my results back within 36 hours from the time I drop the box off - although timing is of no concern when I have returned to the UK.
Same. Very reliable. Order the kit a few days before I get home, then leave the box at a Randox drop box around lunchtime. Results come via email the next day. Have been timing it to use for my pre-departure test for the next trip whenever possible and that has also worked every time
HB7 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 2:14 am
HB7
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Same. Very reliable. Order the kit a few days before I get home, then leave the box at a Randox drop box around lunchtime. Results come via email the next day. Have been timing it to use for my pre-departure test for the next trip whenever possible and that has also worked every time
I was thinking the same actually - but to be honest, I'm planning to do a pre-departure PCR test at ExpressTest or Collinson where no postage of a sample from my end is required and they promise a 24-hr turnaround. I feel like its too risky otherwise.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:29 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by HB7
I was thinking the same actually - but to be honest, I'm planning to do a pre-departure PCR test at ExpressTest or Collinson where no postage of a sample from my end is required and they promise a 24-hr turnaround. I feel like its too risky otherwise.
Yes, you're absolutely right there is a risk the results won't arrive in time. Best to have a backup plan if you take this approach but so far, haven't needed it!
HB7 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Schwann
Certainly isn't stopping them selling them and it appears they codes are still being accepted on the PLFs as per Twitter.
Well, if someone is going to do that, they might as well put in a random code on the PLF that satisfies the format to be accepted by it and not bother buying a test at all. That will cost them exactly £0, which would have to be the cheapest option. But, in both cases, this is deliberately choosing not to comply with legal requirements rather than identifying how to comply at minimal cost.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NickB
Well, if someone is going to do that, they might as well put in a random code on the PLF that satisfies the format to be accepted by it and not bother buying a test at all. That will cost them exactly £0, which would have to be the cheapest option. But, in both cases, this is deliberately choosing not to comply with legal requirements rather than identifying how to comply at minimal cost.
https://www.which.co.uk/news/2021/09...-testing-list/

If you believe Which..

Expert Medicals still selling tests – and you can still use them for travel Expert Medicals is still able to sell tests despite no longer being on the list, and previously bought tests are still valid for travel. Appearance on gov.uk shows that firms have ‘demonstrated compliance with the applicable minimum standards’ but is not a legal requirement. Oncologica told us that it would honour tests that had already been purchased through Expert Medicals but implied that it would no longer be working with the firm after that. It said it was: ‘committed to supporting providers on the gov.uk list only.’
NickB likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
With today's travel updates on no pre-departure test required from 4am on 4th October, if I have a flight that leaves the U.S. on October 3rd and lands at LHR on October 4th - do I need to take a test or am I exempt?

Pilot37
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Bought a £20 Day 2 kit from Arrival Testing based in Putney (next to Putney Bridge tube station). Seems straightforward. PLF was issued within 2 minutes so I am all good for now
Old Sep 17, 2021, 2:13 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Pilot37
With today's travel updates on no pre-departure test required from 4am on 4th October, if I have a flight that leaves the U.S. on October 3rd and lands at LHR on October 4th - do I need to take a test or am I exempt?

Pilot37
usually the changes take effect from 0400 on the day, so my expectation is you will enter under the amended rules and not require a pre arrivals test.
HB7 and Pilot37 like this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by HB7
Hi, qq. I presume you order from randox.com? tia.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:35 am
HB7
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sof_lance
Hi, qq. I presume you order from randox.com? tia.
Yes, from randox directly or go to the BA Covid Testing page and they have direct links.
sof_lance likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.