Reload this Page >

Covid Testing for UK Travel - London Based Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid Testing for UK Travel - London Based Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2021, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat, 2.5mm, Hilton LTD, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Whatever
I am flying from USA to UK on Friday of this week, arriving Saturday. I realise i have to order the day 2 test now. Can the results of the day 2 test be used as proof of negative test for the return to the US? I'm dual citizen and am fully vaccinated.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 4:54 pm
HB7
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by DaveS
You are not the first to have ordered the wrong Randox kit I seem to recall. When things go right with Randox it can be good, but expect zero customer service when it goes wrong. Unfortunately in your case there is no chargeback route as you got the kit you ordered. Day 2 testing for my family holiday in August ended up free after the chargeback against Randox went through - no results ever received. I just used the contact form on the Randox web site rather than wasting my time calling. A couple of those without response was enough to justify the chargeback to Halifax.
Yeh I'd agree with this - I've used Randox before with no issues, but I will definitely be avoiding them and advise anyone else to avoid as well.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 6:33 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Originally Posted by casey89
Even on the way back from the US the PLF is just enough? It just seems so crazy to me, because i was sure i need to have tests even just for transitting
You DO need a test to return to the US, but not specifically for the PLF. Your airline will request it to meet US entry requirements (as of now). On my recent flight over the weekend, am finding that Verifly is used at LHR much more readily than it was two months ago.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 11:42 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by luke5111
I am flying from USA to UK on Friday of this week, arriving Saturday. I realise i have to order the day 2 test now. Can the results of the day 2 test be used as proof of negative test for the return to the US? I'm dual citizen and am fully vaccinated.
Yes, so long as the test provider gives you the certificate/paperwork needed to show it. Some companies do not give a test certificate as they want to sell you another test.
HB7 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:49 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Does anyone know a convenient location for the Day 2 test close to the Conrad London St James?

Edit: I went with Randox, they have a drop-off location at the Southbank Center

Last edited by mrgoodkat; Oct 15, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat, 2.5mm, Hilton LTD, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Whatever
Thank you. I think I'm pretty much resigned to doing both in case I don't get my results back in time for my return flight on Wednesday.

P.S. this was supposed to be a response to DaveS but it doesn't show up as that.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:47 pm

Arrived to UK on Saturday, 9th of October. I had unused Expert Medicals kit collecting dust, which I planned to use as my day 2 test. PLF accepted their booking reference, all good so far. I planned to do the test on Monday (11th of Oct) morning and drop it into priority post box on my way to work. But when I tried to activate the kit I got very informative "activation error" and request to email Expert Medicals. Which I did immediately and took test kit with me to work.
There was no answer to my email so tried calling two available numbers several times. Didn't even get busy tone, just rapid beeping, like the lines were disconnected. Around lunchtime I called NHS 119 for advice, as I was supposed to do the test by the end of the day. Their advice was to do the test and post it to Expert Medicals without activation and then wait if I get the result.
Tried calling EM one more time after 4pm and to my amazement call was connected. After about 20-25 minutes on the queue I finally spoke to an agent. He asked for my booking reference and test kit barcode number, after some tapping on the keyboard he said that I have a wrong barcode He then told me to take a pen, cross out barcode number and write new one on the same label.
Bit sceptical I went to activate the kit and it worked. Performed the test and dropped it into priority post box just after 5pm. Royal Mail showed delivery at 13:38 on 12th of October and the result (negative) was emailed today (14th of October) 22:07.
DaveS likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by luke5111
Thank you. I think I'm pretty much resigned to doing both in case I don't get my results back in time for my return flight on Wednesday.

P.S. this was supposed to be a response to DaveS but it doesn't show up as that.
Arrived UK Saturday afternoon.
Kit was at my brother's house
Took test on Monday but I think I missed the cutoff for outgoing mail

Took rapid result test for 69 pounds at 11:40 am Tuesday
Got rapid test result at 6:30pm Tuesday
No problems flying back to States with negative result documentation

It's Thursday evening in the USA - GMT-8 and I haven't received the results of Day 2 test yet
DaveS likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 11:57 am
HB7
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
So I guess now the search for the cheapest Day 2 lateral flow test begins.

My understanding is the government will release their “approved” list on the 22nd of Oct. Does anyone know if the provider has to be “approved”?
Old Oct 17, 2021, 4:15 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
From personal experience - no
HB7 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:23 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
There is a self declaration process that the provider must go through. They declare that they have various procedures in place and so on. The guidance is here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/testing-...ional-arrivals

It was updated a few days ago.
HB7 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:08 pm

Does anyone know if PCR tests will still be allowed for day 2 UK return post-24th October? I already have a day 2 PCR test booked & paid for (with the all-important code for the UK passenger form). So would prefer to still use this, rather than have to buy an additional lateral flow test!
Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nikko5
Does anyone know if PCR tests will still be allowed for day 2 UK return post-24th October? I already have a day 2 PCR test booked & paid for (with the all-important code for the UK passenger form). So would prefer to still use this, rather than have to buy an additional lateral flow test!
yes that should be fine. I booked a pcr myself about 2 hours before the announcement
DaveS likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
yes that should be fine. I booked a pcr myself about 2 hours before the announcement
Thanks - let’s hope so. My PCR was £0.45 (from an approved supplier currently on the gov.uk list). And I can’t see any private lateral flow tests being that cheap!
DaveS likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
Does anyone know if you need a PCR to leave the UK? When I travel back to Indonesia from LHR in November I will need a PCR test to show the Indonesian authorities, but I am wondering if there is also a requirement for one to enter LHR (and whether those requirements might be different from the Indonesian requirements), in which case I would need 2 PCRs instead of one. I've never had a PCR test before but I've heard they can have different sensivities etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.