Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK Catering back to normal?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by YVRELITE
I am basically a prophet of this board because I can tell weeks ahead on what is going to happen whether you agree or disagree with me I believe my wisdom and insight is masterful.
Now I know we're being trolled...
airoli and ankomonkey like this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 10:06 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by kq747
Now I know we're being trolled...
I thought as much after post #58 .

Them complaining about award tickets on FT of all places.
DaveS likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 3:06 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Let's return to the issue of TK's COVID catering in a calm and collected manner. And as a reminder the FT Rules apply: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php

starflyergold
TK forum moderator
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
After the recent events on this thread I really need some good TK kofte and baklava to help me recover... Does Aegean serve baklava? If so, how does it compare?
Old Oct 22, 2020, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
After the recent events on this thread I really need some good TK kofte and baklava to help me recover... Does Aegean serve baklava? If so, how does it compare?
Let's return to the subject.
A3 is also serving packaged meals in their Business Cabin like TK; although they do serve tea, coffee, and even espresso specialities, plus they have a broader in-flight bar.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: United 1K/*G, HHonors Platinum
I'll report back after our Nov 27-Dec 8 LAX-IST roundtrip. Nonstop to IST beat out the 6 hr layover at FRA after the 11 hour flight from LAX with LH. Plus, I found 2 business saver awards for my wife and I. :-)
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by selo
I'll report back after our Nov 27-Dec 8 LAX-IST roundtrip. Nonstop to IST beat out the 6 hr layover at FRA after the 11 hour flight from LAX with LH. Plus, I found 2 business saver awards for my wife and I. :-)
Yes, unfortunately, Lufthansa has decreased their IST flights from x3 daily to x1 daily so the connection times at FRA are horrible.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 11:53 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Will update on the catering on our Nov 20-28 ORD IST ORD flights but bracing for the same ridiculousness thats going
Old Oct 22, 2020, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

By the way, according to some posters in the BA forum, BA is reinstating hot meals in all cabins on long-haul flights this Sunday.
If this is true, TK and LOT would be the only remaining European carriers offering boxed cold meals on long-haul flights.

Edit: It's confirmed that BA is re-instating hot meals in all long-haul flights starting this Sunday. See the BA Forum for relevant info.
asnovici, daisymay2, Amil and 3 others like this.

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Oct 22, 2020 at 1:31 pm Reason: Stated
Old Oct 22, 2020, 8:35 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
IB is only offering cold snack boxes with some salads and rolls. This applies to all classes and longhaul flights.
raporot likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
By the way, according to some posters in the BA forum, BA is reinstating hot meals in all cabins on long-haul flights this Sunday.
If this is true, TK and LOT would be the only remaining European carriers offering boxed cold meals on long-haul flights.

Edit: It's confirmed that BA is re-instating hot meals in all long-haul flights starting this Sunday. See the BA Forum for relevant info.
This is exciting, now the BA forum can quickly move to complaining non-stop about the quality of the hot meals...

Regards
Amil, starflyergold, DaveS and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by scubadu
This is exciting, now the BA forum can quickly move to complaining non-stop about the quality of the hot meals...

Regards
This is preferable than whats going on here.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffay005
IB is only offering cold snack boxes with some salads and rolls. This applies to all classes and longhaul flights.
You might be right actually, there was a mention of hot meals in the IB board and someone have received a hot meal onboard her LHR-MAD flight ( though not long-haul ) so I didn't want to mention Iberia in my original posts.

Originally Posted by scubadu

Regards
Plus, the plastic cutlery and the brand of the champagne that is being served.

Originally Posted by asnovici
This is preferable than whats going on here.
Of course yes. Completely agree.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 12:32 pm

Programs: United 1K/*G, HHonors Platinum
As expected, there was the same old cold sandwich box on TK 80 SFO-IST on 10/21 according to a friend.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 1:40 pm

As expected, there was the same old cold sandwich box on TK 80 SFO-IST on 10/21 according to a friend.
Do you know if they were provided an amenity kit? I have a flight IAH-IST next Friday, will report back on the service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.