Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK Catering back to normal?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2020, 5:32 pm

I, sadly, hope my ATL-IST BRU & ATL-IST-BER are cancelled to a later time as this is not the TK I want to experience (again with my spouse) and as a first time, once-in-a-lifetime experience, for my in-laws.
daisymay2 and Romanianflyer like this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 8:16 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
When this all started, I was more than willing to give TK a pass on this, thinking I prefer that they overreact for the right reason rather than take half measures to please.

Six months on, it feels cheap and lazy.

(am unaffected, I’m not going anywhere any time soon)
daisymay2 and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 8:55 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by gr8pirate
When this all started, I was more than willing to give TK a pass on this, thinking I prefer that they overreact for the right reason rather than take half measures to please.

Six months on, it feels cheap and lazy.

(am unaffected, I’m not going anywhere any time soon)
It is cheap and lazy. That's the only way to put it.

I always loved flying TK in both Y and J, as well as transiting tru IST and the excellent lounge, but am avoiding TK as well now unless no other choice.

I still need 1.5K miles to requalify before March but I'll earn them on Swiss or Austrian or so instead.

Heck, even airlines like KL now outclass TK in both the air and lounge. TK is lagging behind ALL other European competitors, and thats even before beginning the comparison with the Gulf airlines...
daisymay2, DaveS, raporot and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
100% with you there!!!!
no_idea likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Have a flight with TK in three months, so need to decide if to cancel and rebook with another European airline ... Cheap and lazy, while charging the same as other airlines on some flights.
ACR2013 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 5:24 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Originally Posted by AHC96
Have a flight with TK in three months, so need to decide if to cancel and rebook with another European airline ... Cheap and lazy, while charging the same as other airlines on some flights.
Aggree, cheap and lazy. I avoid this airline now at all. Together with the latest senseless TK E+ restrictions (voucher cleared at the day of dep. or NOT) I will go back to LHG(SEN).
ACR2013 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Someone in airliners.net has posted that the old Business Class catering would return next month.
This was told by a cabin crew to that member. No further details available.

See post #74 on that discussion
Old Sep 25, 2020, 5:08 am

Programs: TK G, A3 G
25.9. C-class IST-LIS 4:45h flight service consisted of a paper box with chicken wrap and some kind cake. Not even a veg option available, also not in Y class. Skipped the box and went for water only. Also no coffee or tea served. I thought Aegean was strict , but not even serving a coffee is really lowest level. Will not continue fly TK and go LH only in future.
raporot likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Someone in airliners.net has posted that the old Business Class catering would return next month.
This was told by a cabin crew to that member. No further details available.

See post #74 on that discussion
Really interested if there is a real story there. Grasping to the straws at this point. TK has become such an unpleasant experience.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:03 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by asnovici
Really interested if there is a real story there. Grasping to the straws at this point. TK has become such an unpleasant experience.
doubtful, galley rumors are very unreliable and there have been no other reports to back it up.

Personally I will not fly TK again until service is restored
cheltzel, raporot and ACR2013 like this.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by soy
doubtful, galley rumors are very unreliable and there have been no other reports to back it up.

Personally I will not fly TK again until service is restored
Unfortunately I agree
Old Sep 26, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by delta2308
25.9. C-class IST-LIS 4:45h flight service consisted of a paper box with chicken wrap and some kind cake. Not even a veg option available, also not in Y class. Skipped the box and went for water only. Also no coffee or tea served. I thought Aegean was strict , but not even serving a coffee is really lowest level. Will not continue fly TK and go LH only in future.
I think I know the answer but was there alcohol available?
Old Sep 26, 2020, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by reggiekush
I think I know the answer but was there alcohol available?
Canned beer and bottled red & white wine are available on all TK flights over 2 hours. ( in Business Class only )
No liquor, no digestives, no spirits.
raporot and reggiekush like this.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Canned beer and bottled red & white wine are available on all TK flights over 2 hours. ( in Business Class only )
No liquor, no digestives, no spirits.
Thank you for your reply! This saves me a bunch of time and an extra stopover just to fly LH as I thought there would be none.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 2:25 pm
azj

Fully accepting the downgrade in catering, I still booked TK business class to IST for the convenience of a nonstop flight and not having to worry about transit hassles through Europe. Question... is the meal box still dine on demand? Since it appears only 2 food boxes are served, spacing out the consumption of these meager offerings will be important for an extra long flight to/from SFO. I'll plan to eat a full meal prior to boarding the dinner time departure to IST and conversely at the lounge in IST prior to departure to the States.

As for lounge access in SFO... since the Polaris lounge is closed, is the only alternative the United Club in T3?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.