Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles and Smile down November 17 - 19

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by Tifosi
I believe you have three days from booking an award flight to have the office ticket it.

*A flights are available overall. The issue is that AC and UA flights within North America are not available at the moment.

TK now allows online booking of *A award flights. When you log in, go to "Miles Transactions" in your profile and you'll see the "Star Alliance Award Ticket" booking tool.
It appears to only work for flights within Europe? Can't get Air New Zealand, Asiana, Avianca, etc to pop up. Was hoping I could at least book a useful ticket even if UA and AC are down.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:24 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by tmj143
It appears to only work for flights within Europe? Can't get Air New Zealand, Asiana, Avianca, etc to pop up. Was hoping I could at least book a useful ticket even if UA and AC are down.
Avianica is possible for sure.
But, did you found where is one way button?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
The Star Alliance booking tool is still ridden with bugs and limitations, as amply documented in the other thread.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: Delta
Hi everyone.
I have been trying to transfer Thank you points to TK and four times the points were returned saying it was due to a "System Error". I have contacted Citi and they say it's a problem on the TK side. Anyone had this issue and know who to contact to get it fixed?
Thank you
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by martintxu
Hi everyone.
I have been trying to transfer Thank you points to TK and four times the points were returned saying it was due to a "System Error". I have contacted Citi and they say it's a problem on the TK side. Anyone had this issue and know who to contact to get it fixed?
Thank you
Welcome to FT.

To answer your question - if you go through this thread... everyone has been having problems transferring Citi points to M&S. It took me almost 3 weeks after the upgrade to do this. And from the general feedback I got from others here in mid-Dec '18 it seemed like the upgrade issues were sorted out.

I transferred points from Citi India to M&S not ThankYou points online. I also had sr. execs from Citi follow up with M&S rigorously till the points were finally credited. I don't know if that did the trick or it was just that M&S managed to fixed their upgrade mess.

You should definitely register a complaint through their website so that you have something documented but I doubt given the scale of this f-up that they have someone specific there to escalate this to who could immediately fix your issue.

Since award tickets are precious commodities I would advise you call in reserve (but not ticket) your itinerary esp. if it's on TK. They can hold a reservation for 3 days. Near the end of this period you can call in and ask them to (if required first cancel and then) again reserve your itinerary. They do that without any problems or questions and you can always tell them it's because of the system errors you are unable to transfer the miles right away.

Also, as a general rule never post the same question in multiple forums. If you see a more relevant thread for your post you can either ask the mods to move it & sometimes they will proactively do it.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
It’s not all roses in other FFP too
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...sq-gone-7.html
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
Since these system "enhancements" miles credited to my TK account were a bit slow, what was usually credited in matter of days turned into at least a week (and these are TK metal & code flights).

This had a unfortunate side-effect with my requalification for Elite. I was in my 2nd year missing around 7k to requalify. I had a BEG-IST-JFK flight on January 22 and the return on January 29. The outbound segment credited yesterday and I was left 1.116 points shy of requalification. Today (Feb 4) my period ended and I got demoted to Classic Plus (even though they haven't finished processing all the points for this period).

Just another peculiarity my original period ended Jan 31, however they extended it to Feb 3 and I am not sure if this is their usual modus operandi for the requalification period.

Has anyone had similar situations and how did they resolve? And am I too optimistic in believing that they will rectify their error when they credit the return segment? Should I already contact them via the feedback form?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it was TK metal and your flight was the 29th, you could have already done the online claim on the 1st and it would have been credited already!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by hfly
If it was TK metal and your flight was the 29th, you could have already done the online claim on the 1st and it would have been credited already!
I was under the impression that it required a longer period before the retro claim... sigh... it looks like I'm going to have a fun time with customer service now...
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It clearly says that you can make the retro claim after 2 days for TK flights, for other flights it is 14 days. Since the "renovation" of the site, I have had to do a lot of manual claims, as while they used to take 1-3 days, they often now take more than a week.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by hfly
It clearly says that you can make the retro claim after 2 days for TK flights, for other flights it is 14 days. Since the "renovation" of the site, I have had to do a lot of manual claims, as while they used to take 1-3 days, they often now take more than a week.
Luckily I never had to do a retro claim before this, so for some reason I was under the impression it was 14 days for all, I have learned now and thank you for that

The miles credited this morning and I got upgraded to Elite, so all ended well, now onward to Elite+...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.