Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles and Smile down November 17 - 19

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Angry

And I rebooked (but cannot ticket because I don’t have the miles) my award flights for the 5th time because it’s been almost 20 days my account shows I’ve deposited 0 miles into my account from my Citibank card!

I’m hoping TK doesn’t write any of the software that keeps their planes in the air.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by flyjfk
So annoyed with this *system upgrade*... it messed things up!
- Now you see a balance of zero when you overdraft miles, and it's so hard to do accounting. Apparently I'm at -14K miles, and it shows zero.
- None of my flights get credited automatically anymore. Even if my boarding pass has my M&S number, it just doesn't go through. I have to manually enter them in the app.
- Citi Thank You point transfers do not happen. They always give a system error, and in your statement it shows 0 miles as transfer. I opened a feedback form with TK, and they got back to me after 9 days. They just said that there's been a system error, and that my miles will be posted in a few days. I also opened a case with Citi, and they're also looking into this.

It's 2018 and TK cannot even process miles. They're IT infrastructure sucks.
I was -14K and then -9K, should've saved those 5000 Citi TYP. Now I can't even book a simple IST-CDG award ticket by either buying/topping up miles or transferring.

This is unbelievable. I file about 3 complaints with them weekly, I might just switch to another carrier and be done with this nonsense..
I've already put all my miles on NH for the time being until things get sorted out. FYI, I also have AmEx Gold which I can transfer MR to NH. It also requires less miles from NA to Asia.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
LOL things are getting even worse.. I just flew SFO-IST on E class, and I was supposed to get 6717 miles credited to my account. This new system upgrade only gave me 1679 miles... This is unbelievable. I file about 3 complaints with them weekly, I might just switch to another carrier and be done with this nonsense.
I know some folks within TK, even they don't know how to help with this.
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
For reference, I am still waiting for feedback from TK for my flight on Air Canada in Business Class from YYR to SFO which accrued 12 (!) miles :-/ The flight was on Nov 21st...
These are WORSE than NO credit!! Hope you get the proper credit for the flights. And I hope I get mine too. For reference, for a round-trip flight, I received credit for one leg, and NOT the other. Fingers crossed!!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
I just got those 6717 miles credited to my account after my complaint. Other than my account still showing 0 miles, things look OK...
My Citi transfer is still not credited though. Sigh..
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
These are WORSE than NO credit!! Hope you get the proper credit for the flights. And I hope I get mine too. For reference, for a round-trip flight, I received credit for one leg, and NOT the other. Fingers crossed!!
An update: received the credit for the return leg: FINALLY!!
Sinter likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
And I rebooked (but cannot ticket because I don’t have the miles) my award flights for the 5th time because it’s been almost 20 days my account shows I’ve deposited 0 miles into my account from my Citibank card!
Looks like they've fixed things. I've finally got the miles credited to my account! It shows the credit date as 27 Nov. Which is the correct date of transfer. So it only took 17 days to transfer!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Looks like they've fixed things. I've finally got the miles credited to my account! It shows the credit date as 27 Nov. Which is the correct date of transfer. So it only took 17 days to transfer!
Yes, I think since yesterday.
I was able to transfer miles.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:49 am

Looks like I am able to overdraft miles now on the app. However, another twist, I'm only able to book ticket for myself because it has phone number attached as default. When I try to book for my family members, you have to fill in phone number and the system will crash, this includes revenue flights.

p.s. Still can't overdraft miles on regular website.

Last edited by vincewy; Dec 14, 2018 at 10:22 am
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Anyone else that still has wrong "preserve your status" miles? I did have first year elite+ covered already, but now showing after IT update 18471 miles short for E+ protection. And despite people above reporting that they have fixed the issues, this issue remains for me at least.
I wonder if this is related to the 4x promotion couple of years ago and if those miles are the ones missing?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
Anyone else that still has wrong "preserve your status" miles? I did have first year elite+ covered already, but now showing after IT update 18471 miles short for E+ protection. And despite people above reporting that they have fixed the issues, this issue remains for me at least.
I wonder if this is related to the 4x promotion couple of years ago and if those miles are the ones missing?
I still have the same problem for Elite protection although I had already protected during first year and I did not have any 4x miles. This issue is not fixed.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:04 pm

Looks like I'm not able to overdraft after all (trying to overdraft -15000 based on the balance shown).

The app allows you to book and credit the miles (as opposed to buy miles only), and the website doesn't allow such, you can only buy miles.

Even if you use the app to create the reservation, as soon as you try to pay, it's not going through. I went as far as calling TK to process payment (went through) and deduct miles (didn't go through).

So, either you can't overdraft completely or it is indeed reflected/based on your balance prior to Nov 17th, which I was -9000 so this would've been -24000 and hence it's not going through.

I have no problem transferring another 10K miles from Citi but based on the recent comments I need to hold off and wait.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
I have the same problem - email account statement says that I renewed in year 1, while online I'm short 10k miles for renewal. I did take part in the 4x promotion.
I sent an email to customer service so let's see what they say.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
I got this by email. This is a bad joke. As long as they don’t fix their November system upgrade, they shouldn’t let their miles expire.

Dear Member,

Due to infrastructure works made in 2018, the validity of Miles which would expire at December 31, 2018 is extended for 15 days.
We kindly request that you redeem your Miles for award tickets, upgrades or purchases at shopandmiles.com until January 15, 2019.

Kind regards

Last edited by flyerby; Dec 28, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:34 am

have some questions.
How many time you have to pay taxes in office, after you booked award flight?
Is booking *A flights available now?
What is the " new online Star Alliance Award portal " mentioned in here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30582705-post3.html ?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: TK*G, AC
Originally Posted by raporot
have some questions.
How many time you have to pay taxes in office, after you booked award flight?
Is booking *A flights available now?
What is the " new online Star Alliance Award portal " mentioned in here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30582705-post3.html ?
I believe you have three days from booking an award flight to have the office ticket it.

*A flights are available overall. The issue is that AC and UA flights within North America are not available at the moment.

TK now allows online booking of *A award flights. When you log in, go to "Miles Transactions" in your profile and you'll see the "Star Alliance Award Ticket" booking tool.
raporot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.