Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles and Smile down November 17 - 19

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by hfly
Huh? Switch? What does that even mean? I maintain and have maintained top tier status on at least 4 carriers concurrently for more than 2 decades (at times 5 or 6), hence why I know exactly where TK's faults lie.
Congrats on your top tier status' - the customer loyalty program has hit you full.

Nodoby said and can not say, TK is flawless, because TK is made out of human beings and human beings working at TK, and human beings make mistakes.

But thats not the point. We all agree, that TK is not perfect or serious or whatever. We still waiting for you naming the serious FFP you are talking about.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The read my posts, I believe I believe that I have cited many. Is there a point in repeatedly asking the same inane question?

But to expand, a serious FF program is not constrained by a few 60 something year old accountants who have veto power over a FF programme, who have barely flown outside of their country and who have never flown on other airlines, nor have any idea what frequent flier loyalty is, etc.

But if all that I have written still flummoxes you, a serious FF programme treats its top tier elites, or even two top tiers in a better manner than it treats its no status passengers, FIM's them when necessary without fuss, and does not charge them for any sort of seat selection.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Thanks, I got my answer. There is no serious FFP.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
After this upgrade, my current total status miles is incorrect and shows a much larger number (probably lifetime miles earned which currently shows 0).
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: QR-G, TK-E , WY-G
I cannot login anymore through the website,I keep getting error message "Transactions cannot be completed temporarily due to a technical error. Please try again later". I am still ok through IOS app.Anyone with the same problem?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Hfly nothing different you can expect from an airline that status matches everyboby and his dog not for a few weeks or months window, but for years and years on end.

I'm with you, I think M&S is one of the most watered down program, and the effect of this unfortunate policy is showing in its full power now.

Having to call a phone number to reserve an exit row seat is frankly embarassing in 2018.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having to pay for it when not only E+ but having bought a full Y booking, is also an embarrassment.

As for the comping thing, every airline, and I really mean every airline does it under certain circumstances, however none are as open about it and sustained in doing it as TK, but whether it is challenges, as most of the US carriers do, or whatever they are not the only guilty ones. truth be told matches do not really bother me that much. If the person does not fly too much, then they lose it, and in any case little interfere with resources as they fly so little. If they fly enough to requalify, then they eventually earn it. European carriers are not like US carriers where there is some sort of domestic or short haul upgrade benefit, so it really does not effect other customers, and again if they do not fly too much they do not have enough miles to redeem for tickets, so they also to not really bother anyone else.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: miles and smiles
Originally Posted by flyerby
After this upgrade, my current total status miles is incorrect and shows a much larger number (probably lifetime miles earned which currently shows 0).
Hi, everyone, first time be here. PEACE and LOVE.
After the upgrade, the system keeps telling me that "please complete all mandatory fields", seems like many of my personal information is missing, like the tell number, the address.
And after I refilled these information, my "Total Miles since joining" is 0.
Anyone has the same probs?
Thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: QR-G, TK-E , WY-G
Originally Posted by shimura
I cannot login anymore through the website,I keep getting error message "Transactions cannot be completed temporarily due to a technical error. Please try again later". I am still ok through IOS app.Anyone with the same problem?
Just found out, for log in through TK website, if you use the membership #, you have to omit the leading TK, only the number is needed.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: SPG PLT 100+, TK ELITE+
Star Alliance award tickets booking tool is already working. It doesn't have OW option..

Anyone can advise how to understand from updated TK account if I fulfilled the E+ criteria for the next years?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
The one difference I see is that my first year fulfillment for Elite status is not showing as fulfilled any more. I did cross to the second year, and now it shows as percentage of the larger second year requirement that is still not fulfilled.

I am not that worried as it is only 500 miles, but it should not be that way.

I did open a customer service ticket. Let see what they will come back with.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by yakke
Hi, everyone, first time be here. PEACE and LOVE.
After the upgrade, the system keeps telling me that "please complete all mandatory fields", seems like many of my personal information is missing, like the tell number, the address.
And after I refilled these information, my "Total Miles since joining" is 0.
Anyone has the same probs?
Thanks.
My total miles after joining(on 20.11) was 0, then I got some miles and after joining(sic!)balance went up but total is still 0. My friend got yesterday email that he received 500 miles for Friend referral and the friend was me!!! I had a negative balance after redemption but got credited miles error. TK credited one segment 25% of miles instead of 100%. Wrote them, now waiting the correction.

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
The one difference I see is that my first year fulfillment for Elite status is not showing as fulfilled any more. I did cross to the second year, and now it shows as percentage of the larger second year requirement that is still not fulfilled.

I am not that worried as it is only 500 miles, but it should not be that way.

I did open a customer service ticket. Let see what they will come back with.
I fulfilled 40k in first year but still shows that the second year is not. Actually I fulfilled second year too but still shows that I am lack of some miles.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:40 am

Since infrastructure works my mileage statement is empty. I had two flights with 1,000 miles each (LH domestic Booking Classes Y & B), credited only as award miles and not status miles.

A good thing is that the award miles are displayed to all family members now. This allows my wife to book an upgrade if needed. The site and the app became much faster too.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Another DP.

I was -10K miles and now showing 0. However, when I try to book an award greater than 5000 miles it's not letting me credit. So my hunch is that your actual miles are in the system but won't show up for a while.

I'm more concerned about upcoming flights that will generate 20K miles. Perhaps I need to put it in another *A FFP instead for now before they clear this mess up.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
I transferred 15K miles from Citi and now it's not showing up on my account (it's been a week since the transfer)
I had also extended my Elite Plus status through 2021 because I accrued enough miles, that also won't show up in the system.

The upgrade really messed things up..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.