Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G) QR Gold (OW Sapphire) IHG Platinum, B&W Diamont, Ascott Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Probably not as the promotional extra miles are credited separately without a flight number. The 15k mile requirement would require TK flights only so the system won't understand that the bonus miles are obtained through a TK flight. However, the base miles would count towards your 15k requirement.
Thank you ISTFlyer,
That was a shame, was hoping/counting on it would. Well, then I have to route through IST before the 15th. Of March.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:51 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus
I need your advice on status match.

Currently I hold *Gold through UA Premier Gold (until 2021). Therefore, I assume I will be either matched to classic plus or Elite, if at all.

Please correct me if I’m mistaken with my following assumptions, if my status is matched:

1. The trail period will be 4 months in which I will have to have one international flight. The miles collected do not count towards requalification. I also assume that additional TK or *A flights will not count towards status qualification?

2. Only flights taken past month 4 will count towards status qualification.

My issue is the following. There is a 50% chance that I will be doing IAD-IST-JED roughly every two to three months starting from March or April. This will be either in flexible economy or reasonable priced business class.

If my assumptions are right and flights taken in the first 4 month do not yield status miles, I’m wasting 27k miles flying economy or 36k business (135% J class accrual) which I could use otherwise towards qualifying for premier Elite or even Elite plus.

If the above is correct, I’m probably better of just using my UA *Gold status to get in the lounge and achieve status ‘the old fashion way’.

Are my assumption correct?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr
I need your advice on status match.

Currently I hold *Gold through UA Premier Gold (until 2021). Therefore, I assume I will be either matched to classic plus or Elite, if at all.

Please correct me if I’m mistaken with my following assumptions, if my status is matched:

1. The trail period will be 4 months in which I will have to have one international flight. The miles collected do not count towards requalification. I also assume that additional TK or *A flights will not count towards status qualification?

2. Only flights taken past month 4 will count towards status qualification.

My issue is the following. There is a 50% chance that I will be doing IAD-IST-JED roughly every two to three months starting from March or April. This will be either in flexible economy or reasonable priced business class.

If my assumptions are right and flights taken in the first 4 month do not yield status miles, I’m wasting 27k miles flying economy or 36k business (135% J class accrual) which I could use otherwise towards qualifying for premier Elite or even Elite plus.

If the above is correct, I’m probably better of just using my UA *Gold status to get in the lounge and achieve status ‘the old fashion way’.

Are my assumption correct?

TK does not match other Star Alliance statuses. Thus, you can’t match your UA Gold to TK Miles and Smiles.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by max_kolesne
TK does not match other Star Alliance statuses. Thus, you can’t match your UA Gold to TK Miles and Smiles.
Thanks for the super fast answer Max. That makes the entire issue a whole lot easier than I thought. I did not know they completely stopped matching *Gold.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr
Thanks for the super fast answer Max. That makes the entire issue a whole lot easier than I thought. I did not know they completely stopped matching *Gold.
No problem, if you can score 40k miles in the first year, and then other 25k miles during the 365 days after you qualify for Elite status, you will have TK Elite (*Gold) for 4 years. So, if you anticipate flying 65k miles soon, then you can have your status to last longer.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
In addition to what max_kolesne mentioned, if you can score 80k miles in the first year, and another 40k in the 365 days period since you qualify Elite Plus, you would have *G for 6 years which is a great qualification process compared to other *A FFP.
max_kolesne likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:43 pm

In addition to what max_kolesne mentioned, if you can score 80k miles in the first year, and another 40k in the 365 days period since you qualify Elite Plus, you would have *G for 6 years which is a great qualification process compared to other *A FFP.

can you take advantage of your UA *G benefits while working your way up to TK *G?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by bmw303
can you take advantage of your UA *G benefits while working your way up to TK *G?
Technically no, cross-benefiting from two different frequent flyer programs are not suggested.
For example for an UA flight that you want to credit to TK M&S, if you benefit from the Extra Free Baggage or Free EconomyPlus seating perks that are given to UA*G, your miles would be credited to your UA MP account but not to your TK M&S. So, it's highly suggested that you don't use them when you want to credit miles on another partner.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
According to StatusMatcher.com, TK are now only giving the status match challenge to holders of the following status:

One World Emerald
Sky Team Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Oman Air Gold
Etihad Gold

I have updated the Wiki where there is a link to the StatusMatch.com report.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:17 am

Thank you very much ISTFlyer and max_kolesne . This is really good to know.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by CoweyB
According to StatusMatcher.com, TK are now only giving the status match challenge to holders of the following status:

One World Emerald
Sky Team Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Oman Air Gold
Etihad Gold

I have updated the Wiki where there is a link to the StatusMatch.com report.
There is and has been at least one OneWorld Sapphire card that TK will match to M&S Elite. Confirmed by a friend who got it last year and also several sites. I will not take away the pleasure of updating that in wiki A hint: You can get it as a gift when knowing someone with Emerald status of that FFP.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaenks
There is and has been at least one OneWorld Sapphire card that TK will match to M&S Elite. Confirmed by a friend who got it last year and also several sites. I will not take away the pleasure of updating that in wiki A hint: You can get it as a gift when knowing someone with Emerald status of that FFP.
I don't think you could match OWS to Elite at the moment. However, you could match several OWS cards to Delta ( ST Elite Plus ) and match that to TK.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:34 pm

I don't think you could match OWS to Elite at the moment.
TK says you are wrong. It has been matched to TK Elite for years. I wrote what is confirmed, not what I do think.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaenks
TK says you are wrong. It has been matched to TK Elite for years. I wrote what is confirmed, not what I do think.
Interestingly, I have never heard any OWS being matched to Elite these months, instead, I've heard the opposite.
When giving advice to someone else, I will keep the information that you have given in mind.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:07 am

Interestingly, I have never heard any OWS being matched to Elite these months, instead, I've heard the opposite.
When giving advice to someone else, I will keep the information that you have given in mind.
It is more that you are not familiar with OW FFPs generally and therefore do not pay attention what has been wrote in articles and posts. One OW FFP Sapphire level card still exists that will be matched to TK Elite. Actually I was surprised too, but it was told personally by TK office employee as company policy. After my friend got matched, I searched a little and found that TK has done it during a last few years. Confirmed matches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.