Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CoweyB
Update January 2016: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus, Oneworld Emerald members, Emirates and Etihad Gold/Platinum and El Al Platinum/Top Platinum. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/01/2017 - CoweyB. There appear to be issues with TK automatically extending Elite membership for a second year even if the 15,000 status miles have been accumulated. Some FTers are reporting downgrades to Classic Plus instead
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:19 am

They are not matching alliance either. LOL

Got rejected as UA 1k last week.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mlqsko
They are not matching alliance either. LOL

Got rejected as UA 1k last week.
So does that maybe mean the status match program is officially dead? Anyone manage to get matched from a OneWorld/Skyteam partner lately?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:51 am

They rejected my China Airlines Elite as well recently.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:06 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by EK788
So does that maybe mean the status match program is officially dead? Anyone manage to get matched from a OneWorld/Skyteam partner lately?
I've applied for a status match to BA Gold (OWE). Still waiting to hear.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Kungpo
I've applied for a status match to BA Gold (OWE). Still waiting to hear.
Send a message on Twitter with the feedback ID - https://twitter.com/TK_HelpDesk

You skip the queue and you'll get a quick answer.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by EK788
I got matched from BA Gold two weeks ago; the whole process took four days but I did nudge them through the twitter team
Old Nov 25, 2016, 1:25 am

Thank god I got matched. Finally, I will have the chance to eat great food in the Lounge. I have Etihad Gold Status and they matched me. The whole process took like a week after I sent them necessary documents they have asked.

Last edited by tomcemo; Nov 25, 2016 at 1:31 am
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:57 am

Send a message on Twitter with the feedback ID - https://twitter.com/TK_HelpDesk

You skip the queue and you'll get a quick answer.
Ok done! Let's see what happens!
Old Nov 26, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by atlantaflyer29
I have Miles&More Senator status and I read the whole thread eventually I decided that I might get a status match, but guess what? I applied and I was quickly rejected. This is nonsense and there is no reason to deny it. If any TK staff is reading here, I am really frustrated.
It makes sense, as written here, they are not matching from other Star Alliance programs anymore.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
They are not matching *A anymore. ...
Not really sure what they want nowadays.

My guess is they prefer punters likely to give their business to TK: they got fed up of freeloaders ... just a guess!!

Originally Posted by Wuxia

....Wanted the Elite status so I can bring my family to the IST lounge.

....would have liked the idea of bring the kids to the IST lounge instead of pleading for others for help to guest them in.
Originally Posted by atlantaflyer29
I have Miles&More Senator status .....I applied and I was quickly rejected. This is nonsense and there is no reason to deny it.
Originally Posted by goldking
...I have been dreamin this legendary Istanbul Lounge for a long time. However, I suppose they didn't "like me" I guess and didn't approve my request.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 4:51 am

Hi All

It seems there is no consistency in when status match is granted.

My wife has Gold status on QR Privilege Club (One World). She submitted the status match via TK feedback website for 1 week ago. We asked for status via Twitter TK Help Desk today. Received reply from TK on Twitter 1 hour after that the Help Desk will attend and revert soonest possible.
Then received email from TK Help Desk shortly after (like 10min) - unfortunately request denied (no reason given).

I'm Platinum member at QR Privilege Club (One World).
I have requested status match at TK a number of times this year, but TK kept refusing to process the request because I couldn't email them a photograph of the physical Privilege Club plastic card showing my Platinum status and expiry date.
I didn't had a physical card - but I send TK the "online card" that can be downloaded from Qatar Airways website, and I send them screen dump of my membership page showing status and expiry date, which is Aug 2018. I even send them photograph of the computer screen showing my status and expiry date.
And I submitted them my last 11 months travel activity that shows my Platinum status, including photos of boarding cards also showing my status (but not expiry date though). They kept refusing and insisting that I email them photos of the actual plastic card.
I finally got a new Privilege Club platinum card picked up at Doha airport last month, and I raised a new request via TK feedback function on their website for status match. This was done for nearly 3 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for an answer from TK. I also asked for status today via twitter, same answer as for my wife that they will ask HelpDesk to reply me as fast as possible.

I will let you know when I have a conclusion.

Both my wife and I travel a lot, mostly in J. We have prefered Qatar Airways due to good connections, but now we are travelling more frequently between Africa and Europe - and there TK has better connections than QR, so we are thinking of changing our preferred carrier from QR to TK, even though it will likely feel like a step down in quality on J-product.

Namlakhorn
Old Nov 27, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Namlakhorn
but TK kept refusing to process the request because I couldn't email them a photograph of the physical Privilege Club plastic card showing my Platinum status and expiry date.
They seem a bit obsessed by plastic cards. My match was granted a few months ago, from DL Gold (DL doesnt send plastic below Plat nowadays). They kept insisting I send a photo of a plastic card and then asked me to visit the nearest TK sales office. Did that - the poor TK sales people had no clue why TK had sent me there. In the end, the local TK sales manager intervened and the match got through.
I guess the logic behind requiring plastic card photos is that screenshots and are easier to manipulate?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by Namlakhorn
Hi AllBoth my wife and I travel a lot, mostly in J. We have prefered Qatar Airways due to good connections, but now we are travelling more frequently between Africa and Europe - and there TK has better connections than QR, so we are thinking of changing our preferred carrier from QR to TK, even though it will likely feel like a step down in quality on J-product.

Namlakhorn
If you travel alot in J then you should reach *G in no time. Also, flying J you will get all the benefits *G offers anyways, and more to.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by boosh
If you travel alot in J then you should reach *G in no time. Also, flying J you will get all the benefits *G offers anyways, and more to.
Having elite status earns more miles/points, so why not get that benefit from the beginning if there is an offer for status match. It is not all my trips that are in J class - primarily the long hauls only - and only when I travel for my company.

BTW - TK Customer care has now requested me to submit a scan of my passport. It seems that every time I fulfill their requirement, they just put up a new one and is dragging it out forever. And everytime I submit whatever document TK is asking for, another week or 2 passes before they come back and say that another document is needed.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
I got matched from BA Gold two weeks ago; the whole process took four days but I did nudge them through the twitter team
Well...I got an email from them saying no. I'm BA gold until Sept 2017. Is there anything else worth doing? Unless there is a different *A airline that will status match?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.