Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CoweyB
Update January 2016: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus, Oneworld Emerald members, Emirates and Etihad Gold/Platinum and El Al Platinum/Top Platinum. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/01/2017 - CoweyB. There appear to be issues with TK automatically extending Elite membership for a second year even if the 15,000 status miles have been accumulated. Some FTers are reporting downgrades to Classic Plus instead
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Wow... You only noticed this now. This has been around since Dec. 2015
So what? I am not matching my whole family incl. pets like you do

Anyone here who could clarify my initial question asked, if I do need that TK flight as well or if 15k miles are enough as well to get the status for 2 years? Thx a lot!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by flo_147
So what? I am not matching my whole family incl. pets like you do

Anyone here who could clarify my initial question asked, if I do need that TK flight as well or if 15k miles are enough as well to get the status for 2 years? Thx a lot!
15K EQM's regardless of airline.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:59 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Originally Posted by tomwro
Within 6 months I had close to 20,000 miles and four TK flights. So I will fulfill all the conditions status match to have a elite card for two years.

What about renewal?
I read in TK website: "Members residing out of Turkey need to collect 25.000 Status Miles either within the first year or 37.500 Status Miles within 2 years of the Elite membership."

Up to 25,000 miles in 12 months is enough for me one long flight that I need to June 2017. But is it enough to extend the card to the next, the third year?

I've also read that TK extends the elite for another two years if it meets the conditions. Is that correct?
Hi, I have the same question on renewal as you. If we have satisfied all the elite trial membership requirements to have the membership for two years and we are do not live in Turkey, does it mean we will only need to earn another 10000 status miles within two years to renew the elite membership by another two years? Hopefully, someone can confirm this. Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by bensim
Hi, I have the same question on renewal as you. If we have satisfied all the elite trial membership requirements to have the membership for two years and we are do not live in Turkey, does it mean we will only need to earn another 10000 status miles within two years to renew the elite membership by another two years? Hopefully, someone can confirm this. Thanks.
And it's the same for me. I currently have 7,632 status miles after a return flight to IST in J which extended my card from the four months of the challenge to the full twelve months promised.

I have another J flight to Ukraine next month which will get me to 15,800 so that will get me a second year as promised in the challenge.

On 2 November when I land in Bangkok I calculate I will get to 25,735 which will be eleven months after my status match.

So I will find out soon after that whether they will extend another two years to 2019...
Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: *G and whatever else I can match to....
Recent Status Match success?

Just wondering if anyone has been successful in applying this month?

I used the web contact form but haven't heard back for a few days now. The Status match website shows a bunch of recent "deny" results....

Has there been a change in policy?

TIA
Old Sep 20, 2016, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Michael
Just wondering if anyone has been successful in applying this month?

I used the web contact form but haven't heard back for a few days now. The Status match website shows a bunch of recent "deny" results....

Has there been a change in policy?

TIA
It seems that they do not match *A any more.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:25 am

Although that's how I got my status match (from A3) I didn't quite get the logic of "poaching" from the *A family who were more likely to travel on TK at some point than, say, members of OW or Skyteam whom I'd thought they'd be more interested in attracting.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:24 am

Hi all.

Bit of a silly question here - I submitted a Skyteam Elite Plus match request yesterday but haven't heard back. Would the 1 International flight need to BE BOOKED after the trial for 4 months is granted in order for it to count towards renewal? I'd definitely be travelling within the 4 months.

Short story - I am looking to buy tickets for December travel with TK. Ideally I'd like to do this once (if?) the trial is granted so I can purchase with my TK number / credit the flight towards the renewal target. I'm afraid the status match may take longer than a few days, and that fares will increase. If I purchase the ticket BEFORE the trial has been granted, would it be better not to include my TK number on it or include it but then ask them to still count the flight? Can I include my TK number post-purchase?

Does anyone have any experience with the above?

Any tips would be appreciated.

K
Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by krakalao
Hi all.

Bit of a silly question here - I submitted a Skyteam Elite Plus match request yesterday but haven't heard back. Would the 1 International flight need to BE BOOKED after the trial for 4 months is granted in order for it to count towards renewal? I'd definitely be travelling within the 4 months.

Short story - I am looking to buy tickets for December travel with TK. Ideally I'd like to do this once (if?) the trial is granted so I can purchase with my TK number / credit the flight towards the renewal target. I'm afraid the status match may take longer than a few days, and that fares will increase. If I purchase the ticket BEFORE the trial has been granted, would it be better not to include my TK number on it or include it but then ask them to still count the flight? Can I include my TK number post-purchase?

Does anyone have any experience with the above?

Any tips would be appreciated.

K
I have checked the wording of the challenge email that matched me, it says:

"As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year"

So as long as you have a TK M&S account number, and you get the four months upgrade to Elite in order to take the challenge before your December flight, it seems to me that you would be ok booking now. Of course, it's taking the flight, not booking it, that does the trick.

I should add that your M&S account number stays the same, you don't get a new number just a shiny gold card
Old Sep 23, 2016, 7:38 am

Thanks for the response. Haha, I'm aware I won't get an uber special membership number, but only a shiny card

Just on that - I'm starting to get concerned given I haven't heard back yet. Admittedly it has only been 3 days but considering some of the other posts here / statusmatcher where people get matched in 24-48h I'm now expecting the worse. This has been a Skyteam Elite Plus request, so hopefully no issues as not *A.

Anyone else also going through a bit of a slow process at the moment? Considering whether it's "slipped through the cracks" and worth resubmitting an application...

Last edited by krakalao; Sep 23, 2016 at 7:45 am
Old Sep 23, 2016, 10:52 pm

Programs: TK Elite (*A Gold), Le Club Accorhotels Gold
I'm in trial period after status match. The validity of my card marks October 10th. I have done 4 flights TK that have already been stored in my account. The validity of card, however, has not changed. Can someone write when my card validity will be extended for one year?

I asked about it at the Istanbul airport, but they don't know a rules of status match I think. Don't helped.

Is October 10 the validity of the card will automatically change (as I have been informed on the hotline Miles & Smiles).
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by tomwro
I'm in trial period after status match. The validity of my card marks October 10th. I have done 4 flights TK that have already been stored in my account. The validity of card, however, has not changed. Can someone write when my card validity will be extended for one year?

I asked about it at the Istanbul airport, but they don't know a rules of status match I think. Don't helped.

Is October 10 the validity of the card will automatically change (as I have been informed on the hotline Miles & Smiles).
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:50 am

It will be interesting to see what happens when you log in on October 11. After my initial qualifying flight when my account didn't show an extension from the four months to a year I emailed them and within a few days got a reply and the extension to a full year. Unless you have plans for some flights very shortly after October 11 email them then, if it doesn't extend automatically.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: TK Elite (*A Gold), Le Club Accorhotels Gold
Thx Cowey B. My next flights *A are from November 18. And then I need the card and Gold status for extra luggage.
So, I will not be flying through Istanbul to take the card.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:14 am

Tomwro, I suggest you contact TK if you have completed all the terms of the challenge to get you extended a year.

It's possible to reply using the same message if you still have your challenge email.

I did that the day after I completed my first flight and they updated me very quickly to one year after that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.