Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2024, 12:43 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by westi2002
I'm sorry to bother you again afer a year, both some things about the M&S program are still not clear to me.

My situation:
I did a succesful status match that started on 07-07-2022 from FB Platinum, so in July 2023 my status was extended for another year.

On my account details page I see the following information:-
- Expiry date July 30, 2024
- Total Status Miles (Current Tier) 24.019
- Status Miles (Last 12 months) 23.506
- You need to earn 13.481 Status Miles to protect your ELITE status.

Last year one of you guys told me that I have to earn 40.000 status miles to extend my status, but according the info above it should be 24.019 + 13.481 = 37.500 miles. This is also according the information given on the M&S Benefits and privileges page: "Renewal for members living abroad: If the member earns 25,000 Status Miles in the first year or 37,500 Status Miles in the two-year membership period, as of the date on which the member is eligible for the Elite card, the duration of the Elite card is extended for another two years."

The only thing I don't understand is the fact that the current tier status miles are calculated as of 01-01-2023.

So my questions are:
1. Can I rely on the info given on the account details page and will my status be extended for a two-year period after earning the missing 13.481 status miles be fore 30-07-2024?
2. If I will be able to collect 25.000 stuatus miles in a "last 12 months" period, will that also extend my status? If so, will that be for a two-year period? From which date, the moment I reacht the 25k threshold or as of July 2024?
3. Why are the current tier iles calculated as of 01-01-2023? Does TK always uses calendar years instead of years starting the on the expiry date?
1. Yes. Pay attention also to the status circle and double-check from the stament page choosing status miles from July 31st, 2022
2. No. This calculator is purely for Elite + achievement purpouses.
3. TK uses calendar years for miles expiring. Your current membership period is July 31st 2022-July 30th 2024. You do need 13.481 until July 30th 2024 to protect your Elite status.
Cage Rattler and westi2002 like this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 2:08 pm

I have an ANA RTW reward booking with six segments/legs total, and two of them being with TK. Looking at the ticket issued by ANA, I see my TK PNR and (of course) like others when entering that PNR on the TK website, I am greeted with an error. I can of course enter the PNR on the TK app and see the itinerary. I can also see that our seats are selected, which is reassuring.

My question is this - Is it possible to receive a physical ticket from TK, or is that simply impossible since ANA is the one that ticketed these flights? I guess I am just slightly nervous as the only confirmation I have is through a janky app that half works.

And yes, I have already submitted a feedback form with TK and was met with the short response, "contact ANA." I find it odd that they couldn't even confirm my flight through that feedback process.

Just trying to make sure this trip goes smoothly. Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You will not get anything from TK; ANA issued the ticket so TK has nothing to do with this/the ticket. Besides you don't need a "physical ticket" as it has no value/not used nowadays.
It seems that you are overthinking this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
You will not get anything from TK; ANA issued the ticket so TK has nothing to do with this/the ticket. Besides you don't need a "physical ticket" as it has no value/not used nowadays.
It seems that you are overthinking this.
Copy that. I'll calm down and assume all is well. Thank you for your reply.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 5:34 pm

Programs: A3 *A Gold, ex-Aeroflot Gold
My father has a TK M&S card. He has a connecting flight VIE-ATH-EVN in May 2023 and now we understood that we could earn miles for these flights in M&S.

For first segment I used mobile app (yep, sometimes it’s easier to use fathers account then to explain him how to use TK app) and everything was automated and successfully.

With second segment we have a problem — TK don’t know EVN airport (Yerevan, Zvartnots). I contacted TK via Facebook, they asked me to contact them via feedback form and last 3 or 4 iterations we are not moving forward — they’re asking for a boarding pass but it was offline checkin and boarding pass on the paper that couldn’t be found now unfortunately.

But both segments were a part of one booking, and first segment I’ve added to M&S account without any scans of boarding pass..

What is the problem? Is it impossible to get M&S smiles for flight from/to EVN because it’s in Armenia? Maybe I should visit offline office (because I have one on the ground floor of my home building)…
Old Mar 15, 2024, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you don't have a BP I don't see how you will be able to claim miles.

And how much time are you prepared to spend on this for a few miles? Maybe let it go? (and next time register the TK M&S card when the booking is made or at check-in).
Old Mar 25, 2024, 3:11 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Is Manage my Booking currently broken or is it quite common to get the following message after inputting your PNR & surname:

"Dear passenger,

We are unable to process your transaction at this time. Please check your information and try again."
Old Mar 26, 2024, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by aster
Is Manage my Booking currently broken or is it quite common to get the following message after inputting your PNR & surname:

"Dear passenger,

We are unable to process your transaction at this time. Please check your information and try again."
Is this through the online portal or via the TK app? When entering my PNR through the TK website, I encountered the same error. To be clear, this was for an ANA RTW booking. A way bypass this is to use the TK app. Also, be sure to include your middle name if it is apart of the ticketed itinerary. Formatting matters too.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:46 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by beijingbound
Is this through the online portal or via the TK app? When entering my PNR through the TK website, I encountered the same error. To be clear, this was for an ANA RTW booking. A way bypass this is to use the TK app. Also, be sure to include your middle name if it is apart of the ticketed itinerary. Formatting matters too.
I'm trying to check my mom in for her flight (she doesn't have the app) and it's a bit crazy that the website hasn't been working for such a long time now. I'm typing in the PNR and surname manually but for some reason the error message just keeps coming up... Oh well, hope there is nothing wrong with the reservation itself and that everything will be fine at the airport.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:14 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Aeroflot A350 J Seat Selection for Couples

We were able to snag 2 J award seats on the Aeroflot A350 aircraft, we're looking at which seats to select. Does anyone recommend the center "honeymoon" seats? From the photos I see online, the center divider is set up awkwardly in that the fixed portion is too wide, and the sliding portion is not very wide at all. Would we be better off choosing window seats?
Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the center seats are (obviously) made for couples so I suggest to leave the window seats for solo travelers.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:06 am

Programs: M&M
Is the economy class on an A330 equipped with bluetooth reception, or should I bring an Aux/bluetooth adapter with me? Thank you!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:00 am

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by taxi_driver
Is the economy class on an A330 equipped with bluetooth reception, or should I bring an Aux/bluetooth adapter with me? Thank you!
TK does not support Bluetooth at all in none of its planes (not sure about the Aeroflot A350). I’m not sure BT transmitters are allowed on TK metal at all. I know they are not allowed at all with some airlines due to CAA regulations in the country of registration.

Last edited by MitjaPod; Apr 2, 2024 at 6:54 am
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by taxi_driver
Why would you use bluetooth during the flight? As already stated, it may not be allowed as it may interfere with flight instruments etc.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 6:53 am

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Why would you use bluetooth during the flight? As already stated, it may not be allowed as it may interfere with flight instruments etc.
Rules vary. Some airlines provide BT connectivity as a feature of their IFE
taxi_driver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.