Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

FAQ 8: Free hotel/tour/cruise when connecting at IST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
It's strange this thread has no Wiki, so here it is, created 7/21/2015

PLEASE READ THE OP Post first

For case related questions ( ex: Am I eligible, etc... ) contact[email protected] first before posting your question here.

TK free hotel room rules:

A complimentary hotel accommodation (maximum 2 nights) will be provided to our valuable passengers when there are more than 10 hours (for economy cabin passengers) and 7 or more hours (for business cabin passengers) waiting during their international connecting flights due to Turkish Airlines’ schedule structure. However, if your destination can be reached by an alternative flight to your first flight and the waiting time is less, you cannot take advantage of the hotel service. This service is not applicable when there is a shorter connection available within the time frame mentioned above. The first and the connecting flights must be with Turkish Airlines. All passengers must hold a confirmed reservation for the first and the connecting flights. Complimentary accommodation will be arranged with Turkish Airlines’ corporate partners and will be provided through the “Hotel Desk” located after the customs’ check point at the arrival. Passengers must check for any visa requirements when entering Turkey. In the event where a visa is not granted, Turkish Airlines assumes no responsibility for providing complimentary hotel accommodation.

Note:
- You still need e-VISA to enter Turkish for a Tour or Hotel. The prices vary by countries ($60 USD for Canadian, $20 for USA, etc...)
You can apply here at https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Tour website is at http://www.istanbulinhours.com/
There are 3 tours offered (Schedule)
  1. Tour 1 8:30am - 11am - Sightseeing Tour
  2. Tour 2 9am - 3pm - Tour
  3. Tour 3 9am - 6pm - Tour
  4. Tour 4 12pm - 6pm - Tour
  5. Tour 5 4pm - 9pm - Cultural Walk Tour
How to Apply - You need minimum 6 hours layover, max 24 hours. Both inbound and outbound flights must be on TK.

A Bosphorus cruise, with food and drinks, is available for business class passengers of more than 7 hour layover (€183 as of Nov. 2017)

Here's a list of the common hotels that are reported in this thread:

Marriott Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel (72% TripAdvisor – most common)
Akgün Istanbul Hotel (44% TripAdvisor–common – far from the airport)
Wow Airport Hotel (56% TripAdvisor–common - very close to airport)
DoubleTree
Wyndham İstanbul Petek (92% TripAdvisor)
Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel (53% TripAdvisor)
Hilton Garden Inn
Courtyard by Marriott Istanbul International Airport
Gonen Hotel Istanbul
Pullman Istanbul Airport Hotel
Print Wikipost

FAQ 8: Free hotel/tour/cruise when connecting at IST

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by 89703511961
I am looking at flying TK connecting through Istanbul. Due to the timings I will either have a 18hour connect or 24 hour connection. If I pick the 24 hour connection will I be eligible to the hotel as even if I took the earlier connection it will still be eligible for the hotel?
No. This has been discussed in this thread.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: Turkish Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by duvin
No. This has been discussed in this thread.
Thanks for that. I think it would be a good idea to add this to the Wiki at the top but I cannot edit it. I think it's already in there in the Quote but it's a bit confusing.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 10:31 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by 89703511961
Thanks for that. I think it would be a good idea to add this to the Wiki at the top but I cannot edit it. I think it's already in there in the Quote but it's a bit confusing.
Good idea, I have highlighted it.

starflyergold
TK M&S forum moderator
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
J and E+ - no Renaissance availability. Gorion instead after 20 minutes wait. Quite nice breakfast. Only person in shuttle bus both ways.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: TK Elite
A few questions from my side:
- My flight lands at 2PM in Istanbul, next flight is N+1 at 09:30 AM, can I immediately go to the hotel upon arrival?
- Does business class allow the staff to put you in a better hotel?
- Is it possible to go to/from hotel by your own means or you have to use their own provided (and often very delayed) shuttle?

Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
A few questions from my side:
- My flight lands at 2PM in Istanbul, next flight is N+1 at 09:30 AM, can I immediately go to the hotel upon arrival?
- Does business class allow the staff to put you in a better hotel?
- Is it possible to go to/from hotel by your own means or you have to use their own provided (and often very delayed) shuttle?

Thanks
1. Yes, you can go immediately to the hotel.
2. Yes, flying J gets you a better hotel. I was the only J pax in a shuttle with a bunch of Y pax and they first stopped at the Renaissance Polat to drop me off then took the rest of them to another hotel.
3. Yes, you can take your own transportation to the hotel which is what I normally do if there's more than a 5 minute wait.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I'm currently in the Green Park Hotel Gurman, it's good for a night I think. Internet works reasonably good, my pickup time is 6am so I miss breakfast sadly
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by tomparskate
I'm currently in the Green Park Hotel Gurman, it's good for a night I think. Internet works reasonably good, my pickup time is 6am so I miss breakfast sadly
Not so much of a problem when you have lounge access Are you flying J?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I was put into Mercure Istanbul Topkapi, when I arrived around 23:00 on April 3. I was picked up at 10:10 the morning after for a flight at 13:05. I was flying J. I haven't got anything to complain about, regarding the hotel. Seems to be fairly new, nice bed etc. I hung around in the bar until it closed, then went to bed.

http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-9135...pi/index.shtml
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:27 pm

We will have a 9 hr, 45 minute layover in each direction. Are they firm about the 10hr minimum? If not, is there a specific Priority Pass lounge that you guys would recommend for a short nap?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by flwrlover1
We will have a 9 hr, 45 minute layover in each direction. Are they firm about the 10hr minimum? If not, is there a specific Priority Pass lounge that you guys would recommend for a short nap?
Yes, they're strict.

There are 3 Priority Pass lounges in IST. I don't know which one is best for "taking a nap".. if you've unlimited access with your priority pass, why not try all of them?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Yes, they're strict.

There are 3 Priority Pass lounges in IST. I don't know which one is best for "taking a nap".. if you've unlimited access with your priority pass, why not try all of them?
Thank you! Unfortunately, I kinda figured that would be the case, but wanted to ask just in case.

I recently signed up for the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Still trying to figure out if they limit how many lounge uses per day and I'm reading mixed things about kids over the age of 12 being free or not. We haven't booked yet; it might make more sense with the kids to pay a little more to go through a different location without the long layover.

Last edited by TravelingNomads; Apr 9, 2017 at 12:41 pm
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by flwrlover1
Thank you! Unfortunately, I kinda figured that would be the case, but wanted to ask just in case.

I recently signed up for the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Still trying to figure out if they limit how many lounge uses per day and I'm reading mixed things about kids over the age of 12 being free or not. We haven't booked yet; it might make more sense with the kids to pay a little more to go through a different location without the long layover.
Hotel rates at IST are fairly low - if you can get into Turkey Visa-free, and all you want is couple hours to relax/sleep in a room, it might be an idea just to book a hotel with cash..
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Data point: I took advantage of the hotel offer four times in the last month, twice in business, twice in economy. Got sent to WOW hotel on economy booking and Renaissance Polat on business.

Wait time for transport at hotel desk ranged from 5 to 15 minutes.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Maybe someone knows the answer -
Flying into IST in Business Class from Italy but flying out to Germany 8 hr 35 minutes later via Economy (Due to award travel structure) on TK. Would I qualify for hotel voucher or lounge sleeper area based on inbound class of service or outbound? Next leg - connecting to Lufthansa in Business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.