Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:28 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
TK*S does not give you access to any other lounges other than TK's own. So if LH group "business" lounge access is important to you then you should stick with LH M&M.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by jakas
Free baggage allowance is 30 kg for Economy Class and 50 kg. for Business Class from Odessa to Italy, Spain, Germany, Greece and Portugal
Does it mean all flights originating from Odessa ?
All all flights from Greece, portugal......
Are you sure that C allows 50 kg it's usually 40 kg ?!

It means all TK flights.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:28 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by moeser
Are you sure that C allows 50 kg it's usually 40 kg ?!

It means all TK flights.
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-ie...gage-allowance
Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan*E
Baggage allowance?

Usually I don't have to worry so such about this since I'm *A Gold with Air Canada, but since they took so long to mail out our packages, I'm stuck here in AMM with no card...

I have a flight coming up AMM-IST-YYZ. There are different rules listed on the website for the Toronto flights than there are for Amman. Which rules apply? Toronto since that's the ultimate destination, or AMM since that's where I check in?

The difference is pretty big... 20 kg all together for AMM or 2 pieces 23 kg each for YYZ.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:50 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by YOWandbeyond
Usually I don't have to worry so such about this since I'm *A Gold with Air Canada, but since they took so long to mail out our packages, I'm stuck here in AMM with no card...

I have a flight coming up AMM-IST-YYZ. There are different rules listed on the website for the Toronto flights than there are for Amman. Which rules apply? Toronto since that's the ultimate destination, or AMM since that's where I check in?

The difference is pretty big... 20 kg all together for AMM or 2 pieces 23 kg each for YYZ.
The longhaul allowance will apply to you, flights are on one PNR right?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: Diamond Club, Krisflyer, BA Exec
LHR-IST, long haul for baggage policy?

hi all,

travelling LHR - IST in Business

the baggage policy is 2 hold cases if long haul business, is London - Istanbul considered long haul by Turkish?

thanks,

Gordie
Old Mar 20, 2013, 1:17 pm
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by gordies
hi all,

travelling LHR - IST in Business

the baggage policy is 2 hold cases if long haul business, is London - Istanbul considered long haul by Turkish?

thanks,

Gordie
Longhaul piece concept applies only to some routes. LHR - IST in C gives you 30kg.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 5:17 am

Programs: TK E+
How much luggage can I bring as E+

It's almost embarrassing to ask about this, I should be able to figure it out on my own, but anyway; I'm E+ and travel quite a bit between Europe and Asia. I usually only bring a few kilos of checked-in luggage, if any at all and have never cared about the luggage quota. However, next week I need to bring a lot of extra kilos. How many pieces of luggage can I check-in as an E+ traveling in E between Europe and Asia? And how many kilos per piece?
Old Mar 30, 2013, 8:44 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by aulrik
It's almost embarrassing to ask about this, I should be able to figure it out on my own, but anyway; I'm E+ and travel quite a bit between Europe and Asia. I usually only bring a few kilos of checked-in luggage, if any at all and have never cared about the luggage quota. However, next week I need to bring a lot of extra kilos. How many pieces of luggage can I check-in as an E+ traveling in E between Europe and Asia? And how many kilos per piece?
E+ get 20kg extra on top of the class allowance:

Business 30 kg
Comfort 20 kg
Economy 20 kg
Old Mar 30, 2013, 9:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
If I remember well,

E get 20KG
E+ get 25KG
Old Apr 1, 2013, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by pvgman
If I remember well,

E get 20KG
E+ get 25KG
That's correct !
Old Apr 1, 2013, 5:31 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by moeser
That's correct !
My mistake Was thinking of the *A allowance.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:12 pm

Can I check my baggage all the way though?

Hi, I booked 2 separate tickets, one is UA FLL-IAD, anothe is TK IAD-IST-CAN. I wonder if I can check my baggage to the final destination. The issue is the last leg IST-CAN is two day after, because it departs at 12:30 AM(the next day).... but my layover time at IST is 8 hours and I don't think I can collect my bag and re-check in at IST. If I have to collect them at IAD, I only have 2 hours and half for connecting. Is it enough?
Old Apr 18, 2013, 1:04 am

You can check all the way through with UA (at discretion of gate agent). Make sure you bring a full copy of your itinerary (not a hand written copy) for the connecting flights. I did this on both my outgoing and inbound legs last month with 3 separate PNR's.

YVR-SEA(AC) to SEA-ORD-IST (AA and TK)
BEG-IST-LAX(TK) to LAX-YVR (DL)

The AC agent was ok with a pdf on my tablet (had hand written info, but it was not acceptable). For the return flight, I made sure to print the DL itinerary, just in case there was a language issue in BEG. There was a 14hr layover in IST and luggage came through fine in LAX and then did the dropoff after customs to get to YVR.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:01 am

Programs: United 1K,
Hi Flyertalk Peeps!

I am New to his and I would like to ask you guys I am flying on TK from BCN-IST what lounge do they use?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.