Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by thegrailer
Thank you ^ - just need the page to load - loaded. My only experience on TK was in F JFK-IST last year and that was absolutely amazing. I know Y isn't F, but I am hoping for a decent flight (i.e., better than UA)

Hindu and fish - thoughts?

Cheers -
Fish. I love beef so there is no way I'd order Hindu.

Seafood meal is amazing, you get a piece of fish and smoked salmon salad, breakfast you get smoked salmon omlette.

I travel with family so I get to try both normal and seafood meals.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Again ^ and thanks all!

[I hate taking up space with "^" but I really appreciate the help]

Cheers

Originally Posted by nacho
Fish. I love beef so there is no way I'd order Hindu.

Seafood meal is amazing, you get a piece of fish and smoked salmon salad, breakfast you get smoked salmon omlette.

I travel with family so I get to try both normal and seafood meals.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 3:15 am

Which angle the A343 Biz Class seats have?
Same as LH Biz?
Anybody have some pictures of the sleeping position?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
I don't know the exact figure but yes, it's pretty much the same as LH or TG give or take a degree or two.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:17 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Turkish Airlines to Start A330 Service to Moscow Vnukovo from Dec 2012

On Airlineroute:
Starting 06DEC12, Turkish Airlines is to deploy additional capacity on Istanbul – Moscow Vnukovo service, as it’ll begin offering Airbus A330-300 widebody service on 6 of 28 weekly flights....
Old Oct 5, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I am getting ready to drive out to IAD for my flight mentioned above. Question: which lounge can I use? Better - are any open for a 23:25 departure from IAD? LH is closed. UA is closed. Do I need to supplement my liquids bag with little bottles?

Cheers
Old Oct 6, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: TK MS E+/*G - AFKL FB G/ST E+ - LH MM - AB TB - BWR Diamond - HHo Gold - LCA Plat - Sixt Plat
In IAD, TK uses the Virgin lounge.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
They are planning to fly IST to MLE from end of November with 5 frequencies I was told. This should be interesting if their fares are competitive as claimed as they could compete with EK and QR on the European tourist market to Maldives and also a bit of outbound traffic.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 3:40 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
I'm taking a flight with TK in CC soon via IST to HKG. I'm considering taking only 8kg carry-on-bag. I will do internet check in and print boarding passes at home. With TK, do I still have to go to desk at the origin airport to get cabin baggage tag for my carry-on? Am I facing carry-on control at IST gate when transfering? My e-ticket shows 30kg baggage I can take with. Usually checked backage is 20kg. Is 30kg allowance for HKG route or is it because my LH Silver? Thank you.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 5:25 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
Baggage allowance is a good point:

I just checked my first TK tickets, the tickets in Y say 30kg, the tickets in C show 40kg.
TK website tells me 20 in Y and 30 in C.
Which information is right?

It can't be because of my TK Gold or LH Sen (all tickets have one of them entered), because *A Gold means 20kg more, so it would be 40/50.

Is there an experienced TK traveler who can help us out?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
I'm taking a flight with TK in CC soon via IST to HKG. I'm considering taking only 8kg carry-on-bag. I will do internet check in and print boarding passes at home. With TK, do I still have to go to desk at the origin airport to get cabin baggage tag for my carry-on? Am I facing carry-on control at IST gate when transfering? My e-ticket shows 30kg baggage I can take with. Usually checked backage is 20kg. Is 30kg allowance for HKG route or is it because my LH Silver? Thank you.
I have 2 upcoming TK trips to HK later this month and late Dec in Y and both tickets are 30kg allowance. Also my sis and mum just took their TK flight to IST from HKG and their tickets also said 30k. None of us has status (yet).

AFAIK as TK Gold you are allowed to take an extra bag on top of whatever you are allowed to.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:34 am

I'm thinking of flying TK on CDG-IST-BOM route in january 2013. Do you all think I'll have a problem with a 2hr gap between flights at IST? I remember a ghastly immigration line last time I stopped in IST (90 minutes) but I assume on an int'l connecting flight I wouldn't need to go through that queue. TIA
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by textibule
I'm thinking of flying TK on CDG-IST-BOM route in january 2013. Do you all think I'll have a problem with a 2hr gap between flights at IST? I remember a ghastly immigration line last time I stopped in IST (90 minutes) but I assume on an int'l connecting flight I wouldn't need to go through that queue. TIA
2 hrs is fine in IST, youŽll make it for your connecting flight. Just follow transfer signs if you are bussed from a plane.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by textibule
Especially when you are not going to the US

2 years ago our flight to IST was seriously delayed due to snow storm and when we arrived IST there were already ground staffs waiting to 'herd' us to the connecting flight. Amazingly we got there and it's ready to depart and our bags made it to our destination too.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:28 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Will ESB be gaining more Europe (save for Germany) mainline routes, as opposed to AnadoluJet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.